Sign in to follow this  
LRK

Import laws and how to's

LRK

Good day,

From personal experience and hearing other peoples stories I've heard quite some bad stories regarding importing products.

Is there anyone who has experience importing bulk commercial products into the ph and is willing to share their tricks&tips.

So far people have pointed me towards getting a custom broker, i'm not sure for the startup scale we are thinking of if this would be economic feasible or actually neccesary.

So what are the do's and dont's of importing?

Thanks

Verstuurd van mijn ThinkPad Tablet met Tapatalk

smokey

Good day,

From personal experience and hearing other peoples stories I've heard quite some bad stories regarding importing products.

Is there anyone who has experience importing bulk commercial products into the ph and is willing to share their tricks&tips.

So far people have pointed me towards getting a custom broker, i'm not sure for the startup scale we are thinking of if this would be economic feasible or actually neccesary.

So what are the do's and dont's of importing?

Thanks

Verstuurd van mijn ThinkPad Tablet met Tapatalk

a custom broker is NOT an employee of the customs but more like a real estate agent their job is to discuss the amount of tax you pay and to sign that your cargo is legal to be imported... the rest of the job or the other 80% is done by the fowarder almost all fowarders have their own custom broker some day my wife  will be a custom broker but not today if you want to know the name of an honest one in manila pm me ,, the honest referes to the fact that once the cargo manifest is placed in your agents name they have some control over YOUR cargo and can if not honest nickle and dime you to a none profit place ..