Sign in to follow this  
Runian

ATM overview

CebuKano

It's the number of bills allowed to pass through the machine at one time.

Which begs the question: When will Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas (BSP) finally get with the times and create a regular, every day ₱2,000 bill? Not the ones in the past that were for special events. A ₱4,000 bill would be better but - hey - they could start small...

• Like 1

Paul

Which begs the question: When will Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas (BSP) finally get with the times and create a regular, every day ₱2,000 bill? Not the ones in the past that were for special events. A ₱4,000 bill would be better but - hey - they could start small...

That would certainly help, for sure.

SkyMan

I think they have enough trouble with counterfeit p1K.  

Phillovescebu

The Citibank in Ayala spits out a max of 15,000p per transaction. I can get a max withdrawal of 70,000p per day!

Edited by Phillovescebu

Raptor

The Citibank in Ayala spits out a max of 15,000p per transaction.

It was 20k...

Phillovescebu

It was 20k...

I was there today and it only spit out 15K but it allowed me to do it 4 times.

• Like 1

mistaeric

I was there today and it only spit out 15K but it allowed me to do it 4 times.

Bad thing about Citibank in Ayala is whenever I go its a line and everybody is making multiple withdrawals there. Dont be in a hurry when you go to ATM there.

Phillovescebu

Bad thing about Citibank in Ayala is whenever I go its a line and everybody is making multiple withdrawals there. Dont be in a hurry when you go to ATM there.

When was the last time you went there? Citibank now has 4 terminals after the renovation 3 weeks ago!

mistaeric

When was the last time you went there? Citibank now has 4 terminals after the renovation 3 weeks ago!

Oh thats great then!! I was there in March & April.

nothingbutquestions

Do all ATM machines give the same exchange rate?

Is it better to open a Peso account in a Philippines bank and have your monthly income deposited there, letting the bank change USD into Pesos for you; or keep your money in the States and withdraw at an ATM as needed?

My credit card is with USAA so there is no ATM fee for a modest number of uses. They do charge a 1% Currency Transaction Fee.

I am used to paying all my bills with the BillPay on my checking account and using my credit card for everything else. Will this method have to change to all cash - Pesos?

dnl_grout

I am used to paying all my bills with the BillPay on my checking account and using my credit card for everything else. Will this method have to change to all cash - Pesos?

Its up to you, do a search here on banking, plenty info already here for monthly income and different banks.

Lee

Is it better to open a Peso account in a Philippines bank and have your monthly income deposited there, letting the bank change USD into Pesos for you; or keep your money in the States and withdraw at an ATM as needed?

My credit card is with USAA so there is no ATM fee for a modest number of uses. They do charge a 1% Currency Transaction Fee.

I find the best way to maximize the exchange rate is to write a US dollar check and deposit it into my Philippine dollar account and then after 21 business days, I find the best exchange rate around and take my dollars to them or have them come to the bank if it is a lot of money. I have found that the Bank of Commerce on Osmena circle seems to get me a pretty darn good exchange rate because I have an account there, without me having to carry a bunch of $'s around to do it, if anyone wants to check out the rates and consider an account there then ask for Robs or the manager Fritzie.

• Like 1

AB2000

I am wondering this myself.

I have a Schwab account, so no ATM fees, but I am wondering what the exchange rate is on withdrawals.

NOSOCALPINOY
We've had it using our U.S. ATM debit/credit cards here in the Philippines, because of all the freak'n transaction service fees! We now only write U.S. personal checks for deposit (without any fees for deposit) into our BPI joint USD ATM savings account and use only our local bank's ATM without any service fees or withdraw over the counter for huge amounts in pesos or dollars. Anyways, since I'm a senior citizen I get to go to the head of line in any of our branch named bank.  

We now only use our U.S. ATM debit/credits cards mainly for emergencies and purchases we want or need.  

Some people will always recommend HSBC, Charles Shwabs, Capitol One and or USAA for their non-ATM service fees. The only problem, their offices are far and few in between and they all require some form of deposit like savings, checking and or investment accounts and always need to call or go on-line to contact them if any problems arises, where as our local bank they are all over the place in the Philippines with ATM and internet access and there are some branches in other countries, we have at least 2 BPI branches within walking distance from where we live, half a dozen driving distance just within a 2 to 4 mile radius and we can talk to a real live person during business hours or over the phone any time.   

Edited by NOSOCALPINOY
  • Like 1

motorboy

Bank of the Philippines will let you get 20,000 here in Dumaguete.