Sign in to follow this  
Runian

ATM overview

Runian

Can there be a pinned topic on atm's ? 

So in Cebu we have the HSBC ATM giving 40k php / take, located facing Ayala - Marriot, anything like it in Duma? 

Edited by Runian

Paul

Poof. Here is your pinned topic on ATMs.

• Like 1

KennyF

Poof. Here is your pinned topic on ATMs.

Bit rough calling him a poof on an open forum Paul.

KonC

• Like 8

to_dave007

So in Cebu we have the HSBC ATM giving 40k php / take, located facing Ayala - Marriot, anything like it in Duma? 

Does the HSBC machine still max at 40,000?  I know it used to max at 40,000, but when I was there in early 2014 seemed like it was maxing at 20,000 instead of 40,000.  There's two machines there.. I assume they are both the same.  Anyone tried it recently?

Runian

Does the HSBC machine still max at 40,000?  I know it used to max at 40,000, but when I was there in early 2014 seemed like it was maxing at 20,000 instead of 40,000.  There's two machines there.. I assume they are both the same.  Anyone tried it recently?

one used to be stacked with 500 php notes the other 1000 php notes, the out slot fit 40 bills either way  . 

It says what denomination of bills it gives on the bottom or the top of the screen. 

Sorry 4 the rapid editing, I am baking bread and brownies 

Edited by Runian
  • Like 2

rascally14

Update on the HSBC across the Marriott.  Was only allowed 20k out in 500 notes.  I used the left machine.  A few weeks ago, I got out 40k from the RIGHT side machine with blue 1000 notes.  I assumed the machines were the same and something had changed with HSBC but after reading this forum, one might  deduce perhaps, that the left one spits out max 20k and the right 40k!  It's more fun....

Paul

Update on the HSBC across the Marriott.  Was only allowed 20k out in 500 notes.  I used the left machine.  A few weeks ago, I got out 40k from the RIGHT side machine with blue 1000 notes.  I assumed the machines were the same and something had changed with HSBC but after reading this forum, one might  deduce perhaps, that the left one spits out max 20k and the right 40k!  It's more fun....

It's the number of bills allowed to pass through the machine at one time. 

• Like 1

woodchopper

umm,,40 x 1000=40 notes,,,,,,,,,,40 x 500p notes=40 notes,,,,the amount of notes is the determining factor,,the machine only spits 40 notes,,u watch and choose the ATM that nominates 1000 bills

SomeRandomGuy

one used to be stacked with 500 php notes the other 1000 php notes, the out slot fit 40 bills either way  . 

It says what denomination of bills it gives on the bottom or the top of the screen. 

Sorry 4 the rapid editing, I am baking bread and brownies 

Brownies rock.

• Like 1

woodchopper

and if u r aussie,,and u have an aust1000$ bank limit,,u r only able to withdraw the current exchange rate x 1000

dnl_grout

The replies you have gotten about the HSBC machines are all true....but when the amount of bills in the machine gets low it will reduce to 20,000 max.

It used to be that if you went there around 10:30AM you would have to wait out side cause shut down to reload machines.

The guards there have always known what the current status of the machines were and why when I was there. Its not like other banks that have

ATM outside and the guard is a door man for the inside watching endless people screw around with machines that have no money.

SkyMan

and if u r aussie,,and u have an aust1000$ bank limit,,u r only able to withdraw the current exchange rate x 1000

True of any really but some banks may raise or lower your max take per day on request.  I needed a chunk of money once and had my US bank bump my daily limit so I was able to make 3 pulls at HSBC for over p100K.

Paul

umm,,40 x 1000=40 notes,,,,,,,,,,40 x 500p notes=40 notes,,,,the amount of notes is the determining factor,,the machine only spits 40 notes,,u watch and choose the ATM that nominates 1000 bills

Isn't your daily limit dictated by your bank (card), though? I mean, an ATM can have a limit of $5,000 USD / day. But, if your account only has a daily limit of $500 USD, that's all you are going to get from the machine, right? Or, am I wrong here? 

SkyMan

Isn't your daily limit dictated by your bank (card), though? I mean, an ATM can have a limit of $5,000 USD / day. But, if your account only has a daily limit of $500 USD, that's all you are going to get from the machine, right? Or, am I wrong here? 

You're right.  If your bank will only allow X withdrawn per day HSBC won't let you have more.  Your limited to the lesser of your bank's allowance or p40K.  Of course, You can pull another p40K if your bank will allow that.  I was doing that 3 times in one day a couple times.

Edited by SkyMan
  • Like 1

Paul

True of any really but some banks may raise or lower your max take per day on request.  I needed a chunk of money once and had my US bank bump my daily limit so I was able to make 3 pulls at HSBC for over p100K.

I did that in 2006. I was in Auckland and wanted to buy a laptop and other things, the Toshiba I used until late 2013, actually. For some reason, my card would not go through their reader properly - to register the purchase. So, I rang up the Credit Union and they increased my credit line for 24 hours, to something like $3,000 USD. I was able to draw out everything I needed.