Vice Mayor Assasinated in Villaba, Leyte

colemanlee

Most towns in the Philippines, have their own contingent of PNP, the ones here in Leyte are the only ones that I know for sure, but here, they rotate to some degree.  We have a couple of close friends here that are PNP and live here in Tacloban, right now one is in Samar and one is in Southern Leyte on rotation.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• easy44

• colemanlee

• smokey

• oztony

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Vice Mayor of Villaba Leyte was shot dead in his restaurant in Villaba today at around noon.  A man walked in and shot him point blank, an estimated 15 times.  Killer didn't attempt to hide his id

The Vice Mayor has been to our house with his wife and was a warm and very likable guy.  One of the good guys, if any politicians can be so classified.  My gf just was in a meeting with him on Friday

My take is that more mayors like  Duterte = less crap like this.

the  Larrazabal is a huge and important family here on northern leyte. in ormoc they own more than 25 procent of the town or so.. among is don felipe hotel-sals restaurant-ormoc net and so on, the codilla and the  Larrazabal together has around 60-70 procent of the town

the  Larrazabal is a huge and important family here on northern leyte. in ormoc they own more than 25 procent of the town or so.. among is don felipe hotel-sals restaurant-ormoc net and so on, the codilla and the  Larrazabal together has around 60-70 procent of the town

True.  They also own Doctors Hospital, I believe, in Cebu and Leyte.  In any event, whoever decided to take out Kalau better have his ass covered, big time.  The police will not be sleeping on the job on this case, not to mention any private resources the Larrazabal family may have.

My take is that more mayors like  Duterte = less crap like this.

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...
Kabisay-an gid

I'm sorry to see this sort of thing happen in Leyte, which has been one of the more politically stable major islands in the country in recent years. Hopefully this is just an isolated incident and won't occur often.

I suppose we can at least be certain of one thing for the moment , whatever it was pertaining to it was not worth the taking of a life.

What makes it much worse is, he was probably killed for very little money. Life has little to no value in the Philippines. 

They also own Doctors Hospital, I believe, in Cebu and Leyte.  In any event, whoever decided to take out Kalau better have his ass covered, big time. 

Or, as sometimes happens, the perp(s) will end up dead before being caught and able to sell out whomever hired them to do the job.

• Like 1
colemanlee

Im sure it was political in some nature...not like the muggings we have in the states....last I heard, 15k will make somebody go away....

Im sure it was political in some nature...not like the muggings we have in the states....last I heard, 15k will make somebody go away....

Oh, it wouldn't take nearly that much. 

colemanlee

Oh, it wouldn't take nearly that much. 

maybe I was quoted the foreigner price LOL

• Like 1
oztony

5000 Php , will take care of it

• Like 1
riklynbor

The murder could be love related a crime of the heart or maybe something more sinister that is not known about. He may have been or seemed a good man but even those can make wrong choices sometimes.

It could also have been a mistake. Im sure we will find out more in the next few days.

smokey

Interesting.

It has been my observation that high ranking filipinos seldom go anywhere without security guards.  I wonder where they were.

My second thought is, why on earth bother to assassinate the deputy mayor?

I have sympathy for the family and friends.

I hear to run an election for that post requires million and millions of peso and if the guy your running against is vey well liked its going to cost even more

easy44

Apparently it was politically related, instigated by someone who is close to the top of the political pecking order in Villaba, or so the rumors go from people who claim to be plugged in to the scene there.  There are three suspects now in jail with one more still on the loose, thought to be the main gunman.  The word is that the group was paid P500k to do the killing, the high price supposedly due to the high profile of the victim.  I was very suprised at the amount, but then again the numbers you hear bandied about are what is thought to be common knowledge, but maybe no basis for a high profile target.  This figure may not turn out to be accurate either, but supposedly came from the suspects now in jail, so possibly close to reality.

smokey

even with bodyguards its not safe around election times... lets not forget a well know lawyer with a politician brother was its said gunned down by some police in the highway patrol using cars from their own storage lots.. money is the root to all evil especially where its scarce

easy44

I hear to run an election for that post requires million and millions of peso and if the guy your running against is vey well liked its going to cost even more

It all depends on what political level the candidate is at and the location of the position.  Someone running for election in Cebu City will require many times the amount of someone in Villaba, Leyte.  Millions for sure in the top positions of Mayor, Vice Mayor, probably for city counselors too, even in places like Villaba, not to mention Cebu City.  Much, much less for Barangay Captains in remote areas.