Sign in to follow this  
Humboldt

Tiger Shark

Humboldt

This is why my wife doesn't like to go to Bohol in our pump boat . We hit a Tiger Shark before

bent the hell out of our prop , I felted the bump thinking we hit bottom . 

skipper said it was killer shark saw it cross over our path .

When shark fishermen in the Philippines caught a huge tiger shark, they were probably excited. But that excitement turned to horror when they realized their prize catch had a human head contained within its maw.

A group of Surigao fishermen caught the huge tiger shark in the waters between Bohol and Camiguin islands using only a hook and line. They estimated their catch at around 300 kilograms, or about 660 pounds, but expert diver Jake Miranda of the Surigao Dive Club believes the tiger shark could have been gigantic. The fishermen brought the sun-dried jaw home and it measured 17 inches in diameter, while the shark’s teeth measured about 1.25 inches. Miranda believes the tiger shark could have been over 12 feet long and weighed up to 600 kilograms, or a little over 1,300 pounds.

But 48-year-old Bodoy Gorgod, one of the five fishermen who caught the giant tiger shark, said they were so horrified when they found the human head that they discarded their rare catch.

“It was so disgusting. We can’t bear the awful smell,” said Bodoy Gorgod, who says he had never caught a shark full of human body parts in his 20 years of shark fishing. “We feared that the human remains may bring bad luck to us, so we opted to drop to the sea the shark’s body and what’s inside its belly.”

The fishermen kept the fins and the jaw as a trophy, and went on to catch a much smaller tiger shark that weighed only 42 kilos. But the wife of Perly Santillana insisted that they also throw out the jaw since she fears the soul of the sharks’ victim might visit them at night.

“I don’t want the sight of that jaw, knowing that the shark had eaten a human being. Who knows the victim’s spirit might visit us,” she said according to Minda News.

Unfortunately, the victim of the tiger shark attack will never be known for certain. Some of the locals believes it’s possible the tiger shark might have killed one of the missing passengers of the M/V Maharlika 2 ferry, which sank off of Leyte this past September

Read more at http://www.inquisitr.com/1601142/tiger-shark-attack-human-head-found-belly-1300-pound-shark-fishermen/#2THRJwUADSv3tWLE.99

post-15417-0-60665200-1416002964_thumb.jpg

post-15417-0-70732300-1416003013_thumb.jpg

Edited by Humboldt

Aaron

ok, I'm staying out of the water now...

TorJay

The fishermen kept the fins and the jaw as a trophy

I think the author forgot to mention that the fins were later sold for big bucks.  Why else would he keep the fins?

• Like 1

big RB

They did not feel obligated to bring it to authorities to ID the dead? Maybe it ate more than one person?  

• Like 1

hilyfe

On top of that if you have a bangka

You can catch fish for lunch dinner or breakfast th3 n3xt day heheh

Oppsss wrong window

No they didnt think of that if you ask me i dont believe their story

Maybe a big shark but human remains nope

They would of bring in the shark