Sign in to follow this  
HTM

She is pregnant!

HTM

Your wife, GF, neighbor, someone in their family or others you are going to help or advise.
1. Get and Pay PhilHealth ASAP!
Monthly, this 200 peso.
She must have had PhilHealth six months before the BIRTH to get the benefits

a.
Visit the local health center for examination and prenatal.
This is free, some places they can also give birth there, but not all accept women who give birth for the first time
It is common with a small donation for those who can give some
or
b.
A private birthing center like Margarita Birthing Center
With PhilHealth, no bill for normal birth.
Without PhilHealth, it costs about 6-10k
or
c.
Go to a private hospital like Chong Hua and get a package deal.
It's also a deduction if she has PhilHealth.

3. PhilHealth Benefit

Under the case rate packages of PhilHealth, all member-types admitted in any of the accredited healthcare facilities nationwide will be able to know how much PhilHealth will be paying for services provided to birthing mothers. Members are entitled to a cost benefit of P8,000 for Maternity Care Package (MCP) in non-hospital facilities (health centers, lying-in clinics, birthing homes or midwife-managed clinics), and in Level 1 hospitals.

Normal Spontaneous Delivery (NSD) in accredited Levels 2 to 4 hospitals, members are entitled to a cost benefit of P6,500; while coverage for Caesarian Section(CS) delivery in said facilities and performed by accredited health professionals is P19,000.

Babies of members are also assured of the Newborn Care Package (NCP) provided for in accredited hospitals and lying-in clinics for a cost benefit of P1,750, which would include physical examination, eye prophylaxis, Vitamin K administration, BCG vaccination, first dose of Hepatitis B immunization, newborn screening tests, and breastfeeding advice.

4. NOTE
Be aware that many midwives have their own sideline business with vitamins and "food supplements", which they gladly sell to pregnant women who have money.
In extreme cases, I have seen vitamin use or recommendations that are nearly 10 times the recommended dose for pregnant women and cost over 2k a month..
Do not trust blindly at all the recommendations and advice from a midwife, not even the doctors. Check online at reliable sources too.

• Like 7

TheMatrix

In extreme cases, I have seen vitamin use or recommendations that are nearly 10 times the recommended dose for pregnant women and cost over 2k a month..

But 2000p per month is not unreasonable for a top quality prenatal vitamin 

We used these with great results and the list price is $49 per month US price.

http://www.amazon.com/New-Chapter-Prenatal-Multivitamin-Packaging/dp/B003DGZRNS/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1415937788&sr=8-4&keywords=prenatal+vitamins

51IkyUFcD6L.jpg

JSL-USMC

Argao has a rural health center. Just a donation. They give follow up care...shot, and advice. They did send a baby home that weighed 3.5 lbs. but she's doing fine. The mother could not possibly take care of her so we have her and hope to adopt. The baby that is not the mother. I told you I wasn't feeling well.

• Like 4

ed villas

But 2000p per month is not unreasonable for a top quality prenatal vitamin We used these with great results and the list price is $49 per month US price.

do you think the average person in the Philippines can afford 2000p a month?

have you ever gone to a local drug store here and seen how some people buy their medications,

they buy what they can afford, so if they have a extra 100p they will buy 100p worth of meds and hope that will last ,

BUT your so correct Matrix, a good prenatal will be great help to the mother to be,,,

YET what is even better if 1 is with a wife/partner or gf, is to make sure she is getting the proper  vitamins before conception

as to increase a HEALTHY WOMB so the conception can occur and that a healthier  baby can be delivered

AND YES you can over do on the vitamins, selection of a GOOD PRENATAL  can be the best you can do for the unborn child

post-13360-0-75110300-1415939649_thumb.jpg

http://formularyjournal.modernmedicine.com/formulary-journal/RC/clinical/clinical-pharmacology/prenatal-vitamins-review-literature-benefits-a?page=full

HTM once again has brought up a good topic,

PHILHEALTH is the insurance here in the philippines, its not like Blue cross , TRICARE or Medicaid but its the only low cost insurance for many of the population here(have)

Consider getting it for the extended family if they cant afford it,

this way at least they have some type or kind of insurance to help abet limited

Edited by ed villas

KennyF

Your wife, GF, neighbor, someone in their family or others you are going to help or advise. 1. Get and Pay PhilHealth ASAP! Monthly, this 200 peso.

Sound advice. And I'd even go further.

Anyone who has lived here a while knows that you're going to get hit for every calamity that transpires, even with the most distant of relatives, and while it's easy to say NO when uncle Joe needs a new tyre for his bike so he can get to work, it's hard to say NO when he'll loose both legs if you don't front with the cash to save him.

I would say, work out who you would help financially like mother, father, siblings and so on and make sure all have coverage of some sort.

Once these guys are covered let it be know, diplomatically or otherwise, that you have no budget to provide for people outside your immediate family.

KonC

• Like 4

TheMatrix

do you think the average person in the Philippines can afford 2000p a month?

The OP stated:  "which they gladly sell to pregnant women who have money."

I say the best thing for a pregnant woman to eat are eggs, lots of them... up to a dozen per day if possible.  The more cholesterol the better.  Same with Protein.  Eggs also have lots of choline for eye and brain development.  

Often times, vitamins have detrimental effects.  Some people think they can eat junk food because they take vitamins.  

Monsoon

You get what you pay for. I wouldn't let my dog give birth in those free centers.

Contrary to popular belief, most doctors do not have an overwhelming humanitarian driving force behind them. They are in it to win it. 

Working at the free clinic vs.  collecting 20k professional fees in the nation's top 5 hospitals. Or moving on to a residency in a western country where the rewards are $400k and up salaries.

Very very few work the free clinic by choice. For most it is all they could get based on their placement in school or interpersonal skills (lack thereof).

Sure if you have no choice... But then, should you be making babies if you can't afford decent pre through post natal care? 

• Like 1

HTM

But 2000p per month is not unreasonable for a top quality prenatal vitamin

Very disappointed and surprised now, you know that they do not need a single vitamin pill. A good and balanced diet covering all their needs.

Why promote these companies that produce unnecessary medications and vitamins!

• Like 3

TheMatrix

Very disappointed and surprised now, you know that they do not need a single vitamin pill. A good and balanced diet covering all their needs.

Why promote these companies that produce unnecessary medications and vitamins!

I totally agree.  Vitamins are not needed in most cases and a balance diet is far superior.

• Like 3

HTM

OP stated: "which they gladly sell to pregnant women who have money."

New in the Philippines?
When doctors or midwives recommend or say that this is necessary then they borrows the money they need. Also read that this is a overdose with vitamins that contribute to the high price, NOT the quality.

Raptor

Check OB Max:

Taurine 100 mg

vit A 2,800 IU

vit D3 210 IU

vit E 11 IU

vit B1 2 mg

vit B2 2 mg

vit B6 2 mg

vit B12 3.6 mcg

vit B3 (niacinamide) 20 mg

vit C 120 mg

folic acid 450 mcg (equiv to 750 mcg DFE)

Iron Fe sulfate 107 mg (equiv to elemental Fe 32 mg)

Ca pantothenate 6 mg

Ca phosphate 330 mg

Zn 5.47 mg

copper sulfate 1 mg

Mg oxide 2.5 mg

manganese sulfate 1 mg

• Like 1

HTM

OB Max

P835.00/pack 100's dosage 1 cap/day

260 peso monthly...

• Like 1

HTM
You get what you pay for. I wouldn't let my dog give birth in those free centers. Contrary to popular belief, most doctors do not have an overwhelming humanitarian driving force behind them. They are in it to win it. Working at the free clinic vs. collecting 20k professional fees in the nation's top 5 hospitals. Or moving on to a residency in a western country where the rewards are $400k and up salaries.

WOW! You really know how things work here.. :stick_poke:

A friend of mine who is a surgeon at Cebu Doc also working in some free clinics. CCMC is full of doctors who also works at Cebu Doc and Chong Hua.
So the doctor you pay 20-40k for when you are in Cebu Doc, are free for others in CCMC.... :ROFLMAO:

:rose:

CCMC=Cebu City Medical Center

Edited by HTM
  • Like 1

Monsoon

WOW! You really know how things work here..

Well I've had the occasion to see, witness and deal with the care provided in the nation's number one hospital vs the government hospitals, and yea, I know enough to say not a fecking chance in hell my family would be using the latter. 

HTM

Well I've had the occasion to see, witness and deal with the care provided in the nation's number one hospital vs the government hospitals, and yea, I know enough to say not a fecking chance in hell my family would be using the latter. 

WOW, but most of us have experienced this :-)

It was the doctors you refer to in your post!

Otherwise, your attitude is very narrow and self-centered, in my opinion, .

Some of the members here have actually not so good economy, it is also some of us that helps others. Then such simple places is a very good alternative, remember that 100-500 peso is much for many of the locals! 2400 peso per year is also impossible for them to pay for PhilHelth. I cover PhilHelth for some families and medical and hospital to certain even free hospital costs money.

This defines you as something you would recommend to dogs! Empathy is probably not your middle name. But it is nice if you want to pay for good private hospital for a few hundred who can not pay themselves. If this is the case then I apologize the strong words against you.

It is said that about 20 million are hungry when they go to bed and do not know if they have food the next day. These are perhaps glad if any of us help them, even if your dog has a better life!

• Like 1