Following the American Path?

sugbu777

Yeah, I be edumacated, just ax me.

It's axt me. :wink:

One thing I do not understand with the ongoing  changes on our Educational System is the aim to be globally competetive giving birth to K-12, yet we have changed strategy for some grade levels using the mother toungue. Are we trying to make a balance or putting on a show again?

YEs....whatever can cause some incoming funds that will never get to where they are supposed to get to...instead line the pockets of someone(s) who cannibalize the system.  Just understand...the govt is NOT interested in educating anyone.  dumb people are easier to control....when you accept that then you have a good grasp on the education system here and practically everywhere.

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

Great to see you involved in your child's education.  Unfortunately the common goal of education here seems to be to just graduate high school so they can get the diploma and work at jollibee, for  months.  Those that aspire to anything more ...well they seem to be looking to go out of the country to use their education.  True this is not holding for all...but for the vast vast majority it seems this way.  When they take the politics out of education, which will NEVER happen here, get some companies with real jobs and get rid of that damned 6 month job thing, THEN education here will improve and THEN the country as a whole will begin to improve.  Until then....do what you always have done and you'll get what you've always gotten.....

I agree with your statement totally. I would add that the really only important things you learn from school are READING, WRITING and ARITHMETIC. Unless one goes into medical, accounting or technical vocations most of what we  have learned is useless in the real world. 

Most of us work our whole lives for money but there is very little if any education of money matters. The first new car I bought I paid sticker price because I did not know how the system works. The first stocks I bought I lost half my money because I did not understand how the system works. None of this was taught in school and I could have used that knowledge a hell of a lot more than how to dissect a sentence, which I have never used since HS english class.

Schools prepare students, your children, to be employees or soldiers. I'm teaching my son financial literacy starting with counting coins and how to spend money wisely. I'm teaching my son to build his own business. Yes, he may be an employee for a while and there is nothing wrong with that but he will have the option of either being the boss if he is willing to build his own business.

My rant for the day....where are my meds?

The educational system in the US or Philippines is designed by and run by teachers, aka government employees. Many of these are very good people but the system is designed to create high paying jobs for some teachers and all administrators and also a comfortable retirement system. As with all of us voters they vote for the politician that will give them the most money for the least amount of work. 

• Like 1
USMC-Retired

Now here are a few honest posts about education in the PH. The education system is very substandard and is what the government uses to keep the poor, poor. Educate the masses about Government and Economics and much would not be tolerated.

• Like 2
cebubird

Almost word for word what I have been saying to my dear little wife for almost 5 years, and "bless her little pea-pickin' heart", she has begun to see/say same thing.

Almost word for word what I have been saying to my dear little wife for almost 5 years, and "bless her little pea-pickin' heart", she has begun to see/say same thing.

Tennessee Ernie Ford, you must be old.....me too cause I recall where it came from.  :cool: