Sign in to follow this  
Ricbak

Transferring money from Australia

Ricbak

With the recent decision of Australian banks to stop dealing with remittance companies due to fears of litigation for money laundering or supporting terrorisim has anybody on the forum discovered a reasonable alternative way to send money to the Phils from Australia?

I previously used a great little company in Melbourne to transfer funds that could be picked up at Mlhuillier and reasonaby priced at $12 a transfer.

Western Union used to charge $22 if I remember correctly and yes I have a bank acccount which can be accessed by the recipient but...its a long way to travel, sometimes the ATM doesnt work and the Commonwealth bank used to charge me $22 for an internet transfer.

So if anybody has some good suggestions they will be much appreciated.

Thanks

Ricbak

mexiwi

I use Orbit to my Philippines bank

• Like 2

KennyF

You won't find better than Orbitremit.

You do it all on line.

Transfer the cash to their Westpac bank and they transfer it to your Philippine bank.

Charge is $10 regardless of amount.

You will be asked for a copy of your ID (passport or photo license is OK) and a copy of the bank you had the money in. (a copy of a recent statement is OK.) You only do  this proof of ID and source of funds once.

The rate is usually great, much more than say NAB or ANZ.

KonC

• Like 4

Ozepete

We use Exchange4free. They don't charge any fees and today their rate is 38.09p to 1Aud which is not bad. You can do it all online.

• Like 2

Jsteam

I pay orbit $8,00 on any amount. I agree with everything others have said about orbit! :drink:

• Like 1

Forex

I researched this thoroughly before I left Oz and found that Forexworld offered the best exchange rate (usually only 0.25 pesos below the official rate).

They charge $8 per transfer and it will usually get here the next day (depending upon when you transfer funds to their banks).

Service is excellent and no I don't have shares in the company!

KennyF

We use Exchange4free. They don't charge any fees and today their rate is 38.09p to 1Aud which is not bad. You can do it all online.

Orbitremit is at 38.8798 so my regular $AU3,000 works out.....

Orbitremit         : 116,639 pesos

Exchange4free: 114,270 pesos

----------------------============

2,369 pesos (around $AU60.00 or $AU20.00 per $AU1,000 sent)

So they don't charge a fee but make it and more on the exchange rate.

KonC

ellenbrook2001

for 6 years used AUSPHILL FOREX $ 12  up to 50.000 p then pick up at M LHUILLIER the next day all do by internet from my  ANZ  in PERTH  that the way i collect money every month here in CEBU

KennyF

for 6 years used AUSPHILL FOREX $ 12  up to 50.000 p then pick up at M LHUILLIER the next day all do by internet from my  ANZ  in PERTH  that the way i collect money every month here in CEBU

What exchange rate?

KonC

contraman

that the way i collect money every month here in CEBU

What bank, date and Time each month ?

I can arrange for someone to carry it for you:)

• Like 1

ellenbrook2001

What exchange rate?

KonC

for the exchange rate check that one every morning when you do your transaction that the way they will pay you on pesos

http://ausphil.com.au/beta/main.php/home

today at 7.00 am  38.50

Ozepete

Orbitremit is at 38.8798 so my regular $AU3,000 works out.....

Orbitremit         : 116,639 pesos

Exchange4free: 114,270 pesos

----------------------============

2,369 pesos (around $AU60.00 or $AU20.00 per $AU1,000 sent)

So they don't charge a fee but make it and more on the exchange rate.

KonC

Thanks Kenny, looks like Orbit is the go specially for larger amounts.

• Like 2

KennyF

today at 7.00 am 38.50

Orbitremit 38.9

The difference is 40 centavos per dollar.

0.4 x $AU3,000 = 1,200 pesos or near enough $AU30.00 (same transaction with Orbitremit costs $AU8.00

KonC

ellenbrook2001

did check this morning  Orbitremit $ 100  /3820 pesos  pl where did you get your  38.90  ???????

AUSPHILL FOREX                        $ 100  /3850 pesos   

ehehe just saying

Ozbrum

You won't find better than Orbitremit.

You do it all on line.

Transfer the cash to their Westpac bank and they transfer it to your Philippine bank.

You will be asked for a copy of your ID (passport or photo license is OK) and a copy of the bank you had the money in. (a copy of a recent statement is OK.) You only do  this proof of ID and source of funds once.

The rate is usually great, much more than say NAB or ANZ.

KonC

Thanks Ken

I have just completed an application..... I do note they only want an Australian address and not mention of a my Philippine address where i now live full time ....any advise on this ?