Sign in to follow this  
Dublin boy

Security recommendation

Dublin boy

Any one every used or are using a good security company.. I'm not that eager to employee a dummy in a uniform that can't shoot from an agency like you have in the malls.

Any suggestions or recommendations please.

Humboldt

Any one every used or are using a good security company.. I'm not that eager to employee a dummy in a uniform that can't shoot from an agency like you have in the malls.

Any suggestions or recommendations please.

Money is Hot in PI , Dummy Security Guard might just turn his sights on you .

My uncle in-law is a policeman in Diplog he moonlights as watchman in nightclub

basically sets there and drinks for free ,,, I used the other uncle a few times retired military

he would sleep outside in hammock

game trail camera night/day time stamped , dogs and my wife is a good shot w/her 12 ga works for me 

I'm not sure what your trying to secure , but no I never heard of high end security guard companies

are you looking for personal body guard ?

Dublin boy

Just security for my house and extended family we have had some unwanted visitors during the night guys in masks so not some one on drugs and lost. They made off once the flash lights went on them also some dude on a bike asking if I was at home and if not when would I be.

So that's why I want some high end guys as I'm now worried about my extended family as I dread to think if we ask an uncle to help out what would happen.

So two fold really take care of the house and when I do return take care of me

Thanks for your help

contraman

It may be non of our business, but what have you done to attract this attention ?

I have stayed in a small village down dumanjug way and was the only WG about, never once

Had any issues.

• Like 2

Jeepney

Just security for my house and extended family we have had some unwanted visitors during the night guys in masks so not some one on drugs and lost. They made off once the flash lights went on them also some dude on a bike asking if I was at home and if not when would I be.

So that's why I want some high end guys as I'm now worried about my extended family as I dread to think if we ask an uncle to help out what would happen.

So two fold really take care of the house and when I do return take care of me

Thanks for your help

Doesn't sound like IRA or profs, or their work would have been finished.

Extended would normally not be the target.

• Like 2

motorboy

my buddy used to have a guard sit outside his house. Idiot guard fell asleep one night and not only did they steal his gun while he was sleeping, but his bicycle as well. Then he demanded my friend reimburse him for both items.

• Like 5

Jeepney

my buddy used to have a guard sit outside his house. Idiot guard fell asleep one night and not only did they steal his gun while he was sleeping, but his bicycle as well. Then he demanded my friend reimburse him for both items.

Well, they were stolen while on duty, and how could a professional get another job without tools?

• Like 4

Jawny

It is not uncommon for thieves to scope out houses for purposes of a robbery. I don't mean it is an every day thing. But, it happens often enough that you are wise to consider some security if you have had some visitors. I would not suggest an armed guard. You would actually need more than one and possibly three if you felt the need for constant eyes on. Such protection would actually draw more attention. Kinda like building a higher fence. It means you have something to hide.

People in our area use barking dogs as a burglar alarm. These are easy to overcome, but as a general rule, do draw attention when strangers are around.

Bright lights are helpful as well.

Good secure doors with strong locks. That sort of thing.

What is common in my area is for thieves to smash and grab. But, they choose their targets with care. Need a decent getaway plan. Typically they don't stay long if it is a break in.

The best deterrent is helpful neighbors.

I recall during the superstorm Yolanda last year I had to be in Cebu shortly after the storm. The entire area was totally dark at night and there were reports of roaming thieves taking advantage. After we came home, the caregivers for our children described a comical scene. Some "eyes" had been seen by one of the neighbors on a jungle hillside next to our property. Within a few minutes, there were ten or so neighbors, some with torches some with flashlights, all crawling around on this hillside searching for the "eyes". Reminds me of something out of a Dracula movie.

I would not want guards. Sadly, they have temptations as much as others. There are many instances of guards turning on their employers. Remember they may be very aware of when cash is around and what sort of goodies are in the house. They could be hog tied and disarmed, the place robbed, and it was a buddy of theirs who did it.

We also exercise a simple rule as much as possible. Out of sight, out of mind. We leave as few valuable items as possible in view if their is a craftsman in the house. We try to keep few possessions outside that may be tempting. We maintain low profile.

Once in a while some strangers will come by and ask neighbors about us. Most likely it is just the constant curiosity of people. However, to approach our house without some reason is unusual. We just keep a bit more alert when this happens.

• Like 2

smokey

i suggest 3 native dogs not because they are smaller then say a german shepard but because most locals fear native dogs much more as everyone KNOWS someone who died from rabies

• Like 4

Mr. Mike

Well trained dogs, again, well trained dogs,.. will not eat, or be tempted to eat, anything that is not given to them by their owner, a pack member.  So forget poisoned food or meat!

Much like a canine pack leader, during and after a pack kill. They will all eat, in their turn, and there is a natural reason for that behavior.

Edited by Mr. Mike
  • Like 1

Humboldt

I know a expat with a bad ass pit bull that sleeps in the house , and he make's sure all his neighbor's know about it

I don't think he has to worry about someone trying to poison his dog thru closed window .

• Like 1

bargeman

4 native dogs and an "emergency" loud alarm that when activated also switches on powerful outside high located lights.

Only ever had 1 problem in all the years here and our precautions worked just fine.

• Like 1

Dublin boy

Doesn't sound like IRA or profs, or their work would have been finished.

Extended would normally not be the target.

IRA more like IRS or just a bunch of outlaws ha ha

Jeepney

IRA more like IRS or just a bunch of outlaws ha ha

You sure u r from dublin?

Or maybe a redneck from mayo?

Dublin boy

You sure u r from dublin?

Or maybe a redneck from mayo?

Thank you for that compliment not sure how you derived I was from Dublin it's in a name yes as for a red neck I'm flattered.

I'm glad I do not comment or assume on your forum name I actually like clogs and tulips