Sign in to follow this  
loy

Water softener.

loy

Does anyone here use water softener in their home. We use well water, which is of good quality except that the water is vary hard. Very difficult to keep the plumbing fixtures nice and shiny. When the water spots dries it leave a white residue on the fixtures. Also the glass shower inclosure is always spotted with the white residue. 

We use different stainless steel polish but it does not clean very well.  In Florida we also had well water but with a water softener unit. 

I looked all over for a unit here in the Ph. no luck.

Ozepete

We used to clean tank loads of water using Filter Alum' which made the water cleaner than rain water but hard. Adding a cloths washing powder caller Percil softened the water without adverse effects. (Percil is a soap based powder, not a detergent)

But the deposits you have are most likely calcium and are hard to filter out unless you 'flock' the water with Filter Alum as we did.

loy

Okay.. There is a unit made for water softening. Uses a expansion tank, salt and have a regenerating device which actually works on a timer.  This unit is install somewhere in the cold water line after the well pump. All the water going into the house is softened. Will try and find a picture go the unit and post here later.

• Like 1

RogerDat

Greetings! In the basement of SM City, near the elevator I think is a water treatment store I saw several years ago, it is only place i have seen water conditioners here. White Vinager by galon jug is good cleaner for lime spots. If used on aluminum, rinse well, and wipe dry.

• Like 1

RogerDat

Greetings! Well, the water softener store is no longer near the elevators in SM. as of Nov 6

No idea where they moved.

Headshot

Greetings! Well, the water softener store is no longer near the elevators in SM. as of Nov 6

No idea where they moved.

It doesn't matter. Ace Hardware just upstairs sells the Watercare products (along with other brands) for cheaper anyway.

• Like 1