Sign in to follow this  
calasiaobound

Coming to the Philippines for the first time. Advice?

Tin
Meet the woman first, get to know her before you meet and stay with the family. No rush please unless you are running out of time?

Never did say he should rush and meet the family.

Just saying he should get to know her more and set aside meeting the family.

I do not see what others are saying...nevermind.

Edited by Tin

Humboldt

Hi. Ive been talking to a girl online from Pangasinan for over a year now. I've purchased the plane ticket and will be visiting shortly after the new year. Staying with her and her family for two months. 

Any advice for a newbie coming to the Philippines?  

thanks a lot! 

stay in Gloria's cottage's sea side resort Pangasinan , very nice price right ,very romantic   

motorboy

no way would I stay at the girls house. I have been to one girls house here and that was enough for me. First, I couldn't make it living in those conditions. People sleeping everywhere you step, unclean, and cousins coming out like roaches. Everyone was hungry, stood there with their sad puppy dog faces, and expected me to foot the bill for everything. Her dad followed me around like a stray dog, just hoping for a handout. And all I heard was,"Jim, I am so worried about tomorrow, we have no money for rice, how will we eat." And what happens if you get there and find out her online persona is different then her real personality? You'll have to do a midnight move.

• Like 7

Lee

Also something to keep in mind, if her home is in the provinces of any area, many of the children may have lice aka kuto, something I had to find out the hard way years ago when the kids continually had to hang out with this ugly kano for photos putting their heads next to mine. :( Don't let the children near your bed, pillow or place their hair next to yours. 

I am with the other guys, get to know her away from her family even if you have to pay for her and her chaperon to stay in a pension house room near yours.

• Like 2

ellenbrook2001

correct please please listen the forum that your first time so you must learn what going on here the good and the bad.

you must meet the girl alone i repeat alone spend a week or more together so you can know if you are okay each other ,you never know maybe shes not what you looking for.

just think in a minute first time for you here wowww the girl very very lucky shes want to keep you  lol.

He could be the lucky one, not all Pinay-Kano relationships ends up with the  woman to be lucky.

let say if you do not match,thousand of girls waiting here so no problems to found another one.

Easy to find another one but is very hard to find the right one. He has been talking with the woman for more than a year must have made him develop some feelings, it is not easy to just jump on the other woman and start over again.

unless you are on a very tight  budget do no stay to the family  he wont be private or every time you go out everyone will follow then you have to pay for restaurant etc etc

Not all family can not contribute for the bills in restos. I only say he should not meet the family to avoid expectations on all parties.

remember every PHILIPPINA  and her family think all foreigners are millionaire with a lot of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

We know my uncle in law is not rich. Pls do not generalize. My aunt could live comfortably without his money.

assuming you found the right girl .please do not rush on an engagement or marriage.,after your first trip back home then you can decide what the best for both  of you.

I agree with this one. No need to rush unless you are running out of time.

do not get me wrong PHILIPPINA are fine if you found the real one maybe you are  very lucky to found the real one you are the only one can make that decision

Both are bound to make decisions. Not only the Kano and that is another reason why the woman should not bring him yet to her  family.

huhuhuhuhuhu  very very rude to reply in red his an unsult to me 

have a nice day day smart one?????????????/

easy44

easy44, on 02 Nov 2014 - 6:47 PM, said: Does anyone care that the person asking the questions has apparently left the building? You guys are preaching to the choir, but never mind. Carry on! You are calling him a troll when it hasn't been 12 hours since his first post. Unlike most of us, he may have a job, or some other serious commitments to attend to, besides this forum. By the way, his IP address showed a West Coast Time Zone. So, it is quite reasonable for him not to have replied yet.

We shall see, won't we?

lamoe

If at all possible you should try to see what the living arrangements are before making any commitment no matter how positive you are of the relationship.

I have a friend who wanted me to stay with her and her kids (3 teenagers) for a few weeks when I get there. Her description was in no way wrong or deceptive - just different frames of reference.

My bedroom is 19.5 sq meters (195 sq ft) her house was 50 sq meters (550 sq ft).

Thanks to Skype I was able to see the house / area and hear the karaoke.   She'll be visiting me.

Contango

Actually, staying with the family is a great way to get to know them. However, I would NEVER suggest it for a first timer. If you are going to go straight to meet with the family, keep your own place, a hotel, for the first trip. Get to know them, where they live, how they live, etc., and learn something of the country first. Upon your next trip, you will be more prepared from what you learned during your first trip.

Agree, thats pretty much the meaning of what i said, you used more words and expressed it better....there is a time for everything and the time to spend an extensive amount of time getting to know the family is the second or third trip, or at least after the 3rd week of your first trip...the family will wait and they will understand.

• Like 2

contraman

71 replies and the OP has not responded.

Hmmmmmmmmm

• Like 4

quit_yume

Never drink anything that has ice cubes in it.  most of the worst of the bacterium can survive nicely on ice....  

Secondly,  never meet the family until AFTER you and the girl have spent quality time together first.  that could be 2 days or some weeks depending on the individuals.    if she objects then my guess would be that she wont be a good fit for a westerner or living in a western country in the future.

just my .015

• Like 1

easy44

71 replies and the OP has not responded.

Hmmmmmmmmm

Hmmmmmmmmm...   Indeed.  I won't say it.

Edwin

Maybe he wasn't looking for lodging advice. That's about all he got and he already had that arranged. Why should he respond to that?

Paul

We shall see, won't we?

If he is, so be it. It wouldn't be the first time I was wrong. I'm not above admitting it if I am. Either way, the topic offers great information for the first timer to the country. I think even you can agree with that. Not to mention, I think I can afford the little extra bandwidth and database storage this thread consumes.

• Like 5

easy44

Anyone who reads this forum regularly knows that is exactly the type of question to ask to generate lots of activity.  Online meeting gf, first trip to PH, staying 2 months with family.  All the ripe tidbits begging for obvious answers, which have been given over and over, maybe once a month for as long as this forum has existed.  And of course everyone is an expert in his own mind when it comes to giving relationship advice.  Just struck me as strange for a first time post.

• Like 2

angbumabasa

Somebody already here and just wants to stir the pot? With revolving IP addresses anyone can play the game. Much like a troll. Not really appreciated. Most folks here are really serious. :yahoo:  :yahoo:  :yahoo:  :yahoo:  :yahoo: