Sign in to follow this  
calasiaobound

Coming to the Philippines for the first time. Advice?

Paul

Is that anywhere close to Cebu ?

Hmmmmm   why go to a hotel in cebu city  then  ?????

To be alone before they meet.

Paul

If you are just looking for fun then follow the big guys advices, do not let her meet you in the airport and explore ph instead before meeting  her. If you are atleast 85% serious about this woman then give her the chance to prove herself to you but please give yourself  a bit of freedom of getting to know her more before you meet the family. Once you meet them they will form different expectations in their minds and surely they will ask you when are you guys  going to get married.

I resent this accusation. I said nothing about meeting, OR screwing other women. I simply suggested that he learn about his surroundings by exploring on his own, without the family on him like glue. 

We should set an age limit for joining this forum. You, obviously, do not understand. Not to mention, you have no clue about being a foreigner, for the first time, in a foreign land. My advice was educational. Next time, before judging me, understand the advice I am giving.

• Like 1

Tin

He came here asking for advice. If I give him anything less than the truth, less than what he needs to hear, I am doing a disservice to him

of course this is about advices and we all vary.

How sure are you that you are right with the truth that you are saying?

So every man who comes to ph should check in to a hotel and explore the city first probably get into the chance of meeting hookers in the city and be carried away than meeting the woman he has been talking to and probably have shared dreams with? Why not be a man and face her?  Why seem to be like a boy running away ? The woman could be true, hopeful of the year they have shared even just on the net.

Face her and see if it is what was expected.

The OP does not sound like a chic magnet.

Paul

Yes my mate did exactly that cos he planned to meet another girl first in manila on his way to Cebu......careless of him to leave his passport on bed in hotel room where his GF opened it and saw the real entry date......the interrogation started and I quickly exited the room.....

Again, this was not the intention for my advice. 

How sure are you that you are right with the truth that you are saying?

Because I have spent more time in your country than you have. 

So every man who comes to ph should check in to a hotel and explore the city first probably get into the chance of meeting hookers in the city and be carried away than meeting the woman he has been talking to and probably have shared dreams with? Why not be a man and face her?  Why seem to be like a boy running away ?

This is the second time you have made this accusation toward me. There may be a third, but it will be your last, guaranteed.

• Like 1

Tin

I resent this accusation. I said nothing about meeting, OR screwing other women. I simply suggested that he learn about his surroundings by exploring on his own, without the family on him like glue. 

We should set an age limit for joining this forum. You, obviously, do not understand. Not to mention, you have no clue about being a foreigner, for the first time, in a foreign land. My advice was educational. Next time, before judging me, understand the advice I am giving.

I think you should reread my post , I mean big guys I mean most of the guys who said he should not let her meet him @airport. It doe snot mean you. That is a general thing and is not about you.

• Like 1

Paul

Don't stay with the family, its a massive over commitment and its awkward and weird.

Actually, staying with the family is a great way to get to know them. However, I would NEVER suggest it for a first timer. If you are going to go straight to meet with the family, keep your own place, a hotel, for the first trip. Get to know them, where they live, how they live, etc., and learn something of the country first. Upon your next trip, you will be more prepared from what you learned during your first trip. 

Does anyone care that the person asking the questions has apparently left the building? You guys are preaching to the choir, but never mind. Carry on!

You are calling him a troll when it hasn't been 12 hours since his first post. Unlike most of us, he may have a job, or some other serious commitments to attend to, besides this forum. 

By the way, his IP address showed a West Coast Time Zone. So, it is quite reasonable for him not to have replied yet.

Edited by Paul
  • Like 3

Paul

I think you should reread my post , I mean big guys I mean most of the guys who said he should not let her meet him @airport. It doe snot mean you. That is a general thing and is not about you.

Your reply in this post, without a doubt, was.

Anyone else with off topic posts will be banned. Stay on topic, people. And no, Tin, this isn't directed at you.

Edited by Paul

Tin

I am not accusing you for anything Paul, I am just stating the possible outcomes of a newbie out in the field.

My posts are in responce with some members comment of not meeeting her, it is not about accusing you of something you did not say.

Paul

I think you should reread my post , I mean big guys I mean most of the guys who said he should not let her meet him @airport.

For the record, and since you are a Filipina, I do not expect you to understand this from a foreigner's view. You have to understand that he is new in country, first time visitor. You KNOW the family will be all over him like a cheap suit. He will not have time to breath on his own, much less anything else, once they meet. A person, a foreigner arriving in country for the first time, should have time to experience the country first, to get to know it a little bit before going and meeting up with the family. 

Whether it is with her alone, or by himself alone, it doesn't really matter. Personally, he will be better off doing so alone. But, that is merely my opinion. 

I am not accusing you for anything Paul, I am just stating the possible outcomes of a newbie out in the field.

My posts are in responce with some members comment of not meeeting her, it is not about accusing you of something you did not say.

Then word your responses accordingly. 

Also, please refrain from posting your replies within the quotes of others. I want to stop all members from doing that. If they wish to quote and reply to different parts of a quoted text, quote and delete unnecessary text each time. 

Tin

For the record, and since you are a Filipina, I do not expect you to understand this from a foreigner's view. You have to understand that he is new in country, first time visitor. You KNOW the family will be all over him like a cheap suit. He will not have time to breath on his own, much less anything else, once they meet. A person, a foreigner arriving in country for the first time, should have time to experience the country first, to get to know it a little bit before going and meeting up with the family. 

Whether it is with her alone, or by himself alone, it doesn't really matter. Personally, he will be better off doing so alone. But, that is merely my opinion. 

Paul I have meet my ex at NAIA terminal 2, I purchased my own ticket and flew to meet him so he would have a guide.I did that because I consider him as my visitor, I guided him on his way. I helped him with the dos and donts.I would not leave him outdoor figuring thiings out or asking strangers what or where to go. And I am sure he was safer with me than be alone in a big city.  We get back in Cebu and I drove him to the apartment I arranged for him. I had his itenerary ticket on his first time in PH. I know what you are talking about. We have been talking for 6 months on net when he decided to come. If he has other woman to meet I would not allow myself to be one of his  options.

He did not meet my family even once. He wanted to of course but I am not going to embarass myself of bringing a stranger at home.

Meet then find out if it works out then if not he has all the time to enjoy himself. Just my opinion.

Edited by Tin

Paul

Paul I have meet my ex at NAIA terminal 2, I purchased my own ticket and flew to meet him so he would have a guide.I did that because I consider him as my visitor, I guided him on his way. I helped him with the dos and donts.I would not leave him outdoor figuring thiings out or asking strangers what or where to go. And I am sure he was safer with me than be alone in a big city.  We get back in Cebu and I drove him to the apartment I arranged for him. I had his itenerary ticket on his first time in PH. I know what you are talking about. We have been talking for 6 months on net when he decided to come. If he has other woman to meet I would not allow myself to be one of his  options.

He did not meet my family even once. He wanted to of course but I am not going to embarass myself of bringing a stranger at home. Just my opinion.

Fine. You stated your opinion. You are a well traveled, woman of the world who has experienced so much in your life. 

Happy now? 

Now, my advice to you - drop it while you are ahead. You do not want to go down this road with me. Trust me on that.

Tin

Then word your responses accordingly. Also, please refrain from posting your replies within the quotes of others. I want to stop all members from doing that. If they wish to quote and reply to different parts of a quoted text, quote and delete unnecessary text each time.

OKAY

Fine. You stated your opinion. You are a well traveled, woman of the world who has experienced so much in your life. 

Happy now? 

Now, my advice to you - drop it while you are ahead. You do not want to go down this road with me. Trust me on that.

You can do whatever you think is right Paul, this is your forum and I do not have any idea of how to run it.

Paul

You can do whatever you think is right Paul, this is your forum and I do not have any idea of how to run it.

That's right. You don't.

SomeRandomGuy

Some good advice here( if u ever log back on).

As paul and a few others have stated. Take a bit of time to adjust before heading straight to the family.

Meet the woman you are chatting somewhere neutral.

Stay in a hotel for the first few days instead of going straight to stay at the families.

Why on earth you would think staying at a woman and her families house the first day u meet them makes no sense but hey, its the advice from every member here so ignore it at your own peril.

You have been " chatting" for a year.

This does not mean you know the person you have been chatting to.

Imagine it more like the first one or two dates where both you and her have tried to make the best you presentable.

Real life meeting is actually your first date.

Would u live with a woman and her family in your own country after one date?

No.

No you wouldn't so don't do it here.

General rule of thumb where ever u travel to in the world.

If you wouldn't do it at home, you don't do it anywhere, you don't pack your shit then leave your brains at home now do you?

Regardless of everything else, generally speaking from many other people that have done what you are doing before you.

Probability is nothing you have been told is true.

Don't be shocked to discover she has three or four men she also chats with regularly and don't trust her, the family or anyone else till you have your sea legs in order which, coincidently brings us back to, stay in a hotel.

Hard to run if something is amiss if you are staying with a family.

Much easier at a hotel if you need to do a runner.

Oh yeah.... U know her, shes not like that..blah blah blah.

Heard it all before.

Ill say it again, some good advice here from guys with many years of boots on the ground.

Soak it up.

Bah Humbug

• Like 5

bahalina buong

1.  Definitely do not stay with the family.

2.  Don't lie to her about changing your flight.  Is that really any way to begin a relationship?

3.  Don't think of this girl as anything other than a chat mate until you spend time with her.

4.  Spend some time with her and some time on your own before meeting her family.

5.  If she or her family is the type that refuses to let you go out alone, it's a red flag.

6.  Have fun and be careful!

• Like 6