Sign in to follow this  
calasiaobound

Coming to the Philippines for the first time. Advice?

Tin

correct please please listen the forum that your first time so you must learn what going on here the good and the bad.

you must meet the girl alone i repeat alone spend a week or more together so you can know if you are okay each other ,you never know maybe shes not what you looking for.

just think in a minute first time for you here wowww the girl very very lucky shes want to keep you  lol.

He could be the lucky one, not all Pinay-Kano relationships ends up with the  woman to be lucky.

let say if you do not match,thousand of girls waiting here so no problems to found another one.

Easy to find another one but is very hard to find the right one. He has been talking with the woman for more than a year must have made him develop some feelings, it is not easy to just jump on the other woman and start over again.

unless you are on a very tight  budget do no stay to the family  he wont be private or every time you go out everyone will follow then you have to pay for restaurant etc etc

Not all family can not contribute for the bills in restos. I only say he should not meet the family to avoid expectations on all parties.

remember every PHILIPPINA  and her family think all foreigners are millionaire with a lot of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

We know my uncle in law is not rich. Pls do not generalize. My aunt could live comfortably without his money.

assuming you found the right girl .please do not rush on an engagement or marriage.,after your first trip back home then you can decide what the best for both  of you.

I agree with this one. No need to rush unless you are running out of time.

do not get me wrong PHILIPPINA are fine if you found the real one maybe you are  very lucky to found the real one you are the only one can make that decision

Both are bound to make decisions. Not only the Kano and that is another reason why the woman should not bring him yet to her  family.

Edited by Tin
  • Like 3

Davaoeno

correct please please listen the forum that your first time so you must learn what going on here the good and the bad.

you must meet the girl alone i repeat alone spend a week or more together so you can know if you are okay each other ,you never know maybe shes not what you looking for.

just think in a minute first time for you here wowww the girl very very lucky shes want to keep you  lol.

He could be the lucky one, not all Pinay-Kano relationships ends up with the  woman to be lucky.

let say if you do not match,thousand of girls waiting here so no problems to found another one.

Easy to find another one but is very hard to find the right one. He has been talking with the woman for more than a year must have made him develop some feelings, it is not easy to just jump on the other woman and start over again.

unless you are on a very tight  budget do no stay to the family  he wont be private or every time you go out everyone will follow then you have to pay for restaurant etc etc

Not all family can not contribute for the bills in restos. I only say he should not meet the family to avoid expectations on all parties.

remember every PHILIPPINA  and her family think all foreigners are millionaire with a lot of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

We know my uncle in law is not rich. Pls do not generalize. My aunt could live comfortably without his money.

assuming you found the right girl .please do not rush on an engagement or marriage.,after your first trip back home then you can decide what the best for both  of you.

I agree with this one. No need to rush unless you are running out of time.

do not get me wrong PHILIPPINA are fine if you found the real one maybe you are  very lucky to found the real one you are the only one can make that decision

Both are bound to make decisions. Not only the Kano and that is another reason why the woman should not bring him yet to her  family.

Damn Tin- you seem to have been taking your logic pills lately !!   Its nice to see . 

• Like 3

Ronin

Don't stay with the family, its a massive over commitment and its awkward and weird.

This.

I can't think of anyone in the world except my wife that I'd want to move in with for two months.

Not to mention that you'll be dealing with a very different way of living than you're used to.

For me that would include things like language, privacy, food, sanitation, bathrooms etc...

Much better to have your own hotel room, at least for a time period long enough to see if you can even tolerate living with the family.

• Like 1

Tin

Damn Tin- you seem to have been taking your logic pills lately !! Its nice to see .

The cold water in the shower got something to do with it D :P

• Like 1

Woolf

Much better to have your own hotel room, at least for a time period long enough to see if you can even tolerate living with the family.

Sure better than move to a hotel later       ( a few people could feel like losing face)

easy44

Does anyone care that the person asking the questions has apparently left the building? You guys are preaching to the choir, but never mind. Carry on!

• Like 2

Ronin

Does anyone care that the person asking the questions has apparently left the building? You guys are preaching to the choir, but never mind. Carry on!

Doesn't bother me.  I figure someone else with the same question may read this thread.

Actually if it was only for the benefit of the original poster, I wouldn't bother.

• Like 3

Tin

I can't think of anyone in the world except my wife that I'd want to move in with for two months

You are living with the familys wife  now ? But did you live with her family on your first day in Cebu?

Ronin

You are living with the familys wife  now ? But did you live with her family on your first day in Cebu?

No to both questions.

I lived in Cebu for 5 months before I met my wife.

We spend the occasional night at her parents house but I would not live there unless it was absolutely necessary.

SomeRandomGuy

Lol

What he said

Bah Humbug

KID

Don't take any wooden pesos and bring your own condoms :)

AND--- The first price is NEVER the real price !!!!

Edited by KID

goggleye

looks like you are going to the calasiao - 

urdanetta area   - i was there about 5 or 6 years ago  - nice enough area      i stayed at the  Regency Hotel in Calasiao    - a little worn and dated rooms  but a great value  i think it was less than 1000 php a night and they give all three meals in a buffet - the food was good-  I dont know their present set up  - but if u are going to Calasiao Id check it out.   They are famous there for bangus  -supposed to be the best in the Phils    - If you want to impress your girl suck the meat and eyeballs out of the head  and say "pinoy ako na "  I'm filipino already  - Hundred Islands park isnt far and the beach at Lingayen is supposed to be very nice.   I didnt go there i went to san juan - La Union to enjoy the beach  - If its too hot head over to Baguio for a few days   not far either.      Pagasinan people seem to have more pride in their province than most places I have been in the Phils.

you dont go anywhere near cebu - you land in Manila  and get a bus in Pasay city to take you north  - the west coast of luzon has some ot the best beaches  - If i retired in the Phils I would consider La Union north of Pangasinan 

Edited by goggleye
  • Like 1

Paul

The woman will think he had other girl to meet him @ the airport.

It doesn't matter what she thinks. To her, the Philippines is home. To him, it is a totally new experience that he will have zero chance of doing so on his own once he meets her and her family. They will stick to him like glue during his entire trip, simply because of her thinking he could possibly find another girl.

• Like 4

Tin

It doesn't matter what she thinks. To her, the Philippines is home. To him, it is a totally new experience that he will have zero chance of doing so on his own once he meets her and her family. They will stick to him like glue during his entire trip, simply because of her thinking he could possibly find another girl.

To you it probably does not matter but to guy that she has been talking fo more than a year it probably does. I hope he replies so we know.

Paul

To you it probably does not matter but to guy that she has been talking fo more than a year it probably does. I hope he replies so we know.

He came here asking for advice. If I give him anything less than the truth, less than what he needs to hear, I am doing a disservice to him. This forum isn't about puppy dogs and flowers. It's about the truth about the Philippines, what to expect when arriving, and what knowledge one should be armed with prior to arriving. 

• Like 7