Sign in to follow this  
calasiaobound

Coming to the Philippines for the first time. Advice?

calasiaobound

Hi. Ive been talking to a girl online from Pangasinan for over a year now. I've purchased the plane ticket and will be visiting shortly after the new year. Staying with her and her family for two months. 

Any advice for a newbie coming to the Philippines?  

thanks a lot! 

• Like 1

NHANORAK

If she's told you hasn't got kids, and you don't want them, make a 100% sure that's the case.

• Like 3

Tin
Yep. Contact her. Tell her your flight has been changed and you will not arrive until ____ days after your previously scheduled flight. Arrive on time, as normal. Check into a hotel in Cebu City, get a shower, get rest, and then get a bite to eat. Afterward, go out and explore the city. You will have zero freedom once you hook up with this girl. She and her family will want to be around you constantly.

The woman will think he had other girl to meet him @ the airport. Let the woman alone to meet you and you guys stay in the city together. See if it will work out before you meet the family. How old is the woman? Why do women rush these days?

I wonder how it will feel to bring a stranger at home.

Edited by Tin

jtmwatchbiz

Yep. Contact her. Tell her your flight has been changed and you will not arrive until ____ days after your previously scheduled flight. 

Arrive on time, as normal. Check into a hotel in Cebu City, get a shower, get rest, and then get a bite to eat. Afterward, go out and explore the city. You will have zero freedom once you hook up with this girl. She and her family will want to be around you constantly. 

good advice. and if you don't wish to follow this advice then whatever you do...at least DON'T let the girl meet you at the airport. enjoy a few hours to soak up your first impressions of cebu city alone before you show your face, as it will be the last time you will be enjoying any privacy or "me time" on this trip.  

HHJJ

Edited by jtmwatchbiz
  • Like 8

trax

Do they live in the city or a province? Have you seen their house and living conditions? Are you comfortable with that? Cultural shock can be big for first timers. Book a room in a hotel near Ayala and stay there with your girl. Then start to explore the place.

• Like 2

jtmwatchbiz
Book a room in a hotel near Ayala and stay there with your girl. Then start to explore the place.

of course after properly "exploring" the girl in your hotel room. after all, i doubt you are flying half way around the world to stumble around some shopping mall or choke on diesel fumes.

HHJJ

Edited by jtmwatchbiz
  • Like 2

Tin

Hi. Ive been talking to a girl online from Pangasinan for over a year now. I've purchased the plane ticket and will be visiting shortly after the new year. Staying with her and her family for two months. 

thanks a lot! 

He sounds serious with the woman, I could not blame him for they have been talking for over a year. He also sounds like his main reason of visiting her is to finally meet her for real. Am I right or wrong?

good advice. and if you don't wish to follow this advice then whatever you do...at least DON'T let the girl meet you at the airport. enjoy a few hours to soak up your first impressions of cebu city alone before you show your face, as it will be the last time you will be enjoying any privacy or "me time" on this trip.  

HHJJ

Why should he not let her meet him in the airport? We do not know what is thier relationship.   They might be serious. Not all women are dangerous. They may both sound like in a deep dream and are both about to wake up. Let her meet you at the airport alone like an adult. If she is damn serious then she do not need her family for chaperon.

• Like 3

Tin

of course after properly "exploring" the girl in your hotel room. after all, i doubt you are flying half way around the world to stumble around some shopping mall or choke on diesel fumes.

HHJJ

Sex is always a part of a relationship. It will happen right on the night they meet or after two months so what? As long as both know what they are doing. She is not minor I hope that she needs her parents wherever you guys go?

Woolf

from Pangasinan

Is that anywhere close to Cebu ?

• Like 2

jtmwatchbiz

Not all women are dangerous. They may both sound like in a deep dream and are both about to wake up.

i take it your post is a demonstration of this phenomenon? who mentioned anything about dangerous?

HHJJ 

Is that anywhere close to Cebu ?

no

Enuff

thanks a lot!

Isn't pangasinan north of manila?

What airport are you flying into?

Need a few more details to advise

Woolf

Hmmmmm   why go to a hotel in cebu city  then  ?????

• Like 1