Sign in to follow this  
Tin

Mahayahay Beach @ Argao

Scruffydog

Qualify that statement for the rest of us, if you please.  I've been on that road many times.  Explain your use of the adjective, "dangerous."

During my 3 stays in Cebu, I don't recall any road that did not make my backside pucker

• Like 1

Joel

A guy gets used to the roads. Easy compared to the trails in Colorado

miles-high

Pics look nice-doesn't show how really dirty/nasty it is.

DPP_0002.JPG

Mahayahay Beach doesn’t look too bad from the sky but I guess we need its water/environ tested to make a categorical statement, don’t we? ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_testing

But I can see many other, much nicer looking beaches all over Cebu... from the sky anyways... :D

miles-high

But beaches like these… hmmm, I should perhaps take up scuba diving lessons… :D

052A0374.JPG

Calangaman Island, Cebu

052A0832.JPG

Sumilon Island, Cebu

Humboldt

Dangerous because of the "Taga-MOning". I think I have once mentioned I have taken that road alone in a private vehicle. I never knew that was the road my father told me I should not be taking because of many incidents of shooting and killing, specially for the loan collectors. But as curious as I am when I was from Moal and saw the sign that it is going to Argao I took that road.That is quite a mountaneous part of Argao. I went there and people look at me like I am someone from different planet. I even stop by and ask how long do I have to drive and I thought they were quite unfriendly.  I did not know I  could have end up headless. A place where teeth for a teeth and eye for an eye are applied. Many debt collectors have been killed there, hold up then shoot. It is quite a well known place to be avoided in Argao, as you notice the roads are not very well taken cared of. And only a few vehicles take that route.

Ignorance is bless ,, I went that way once  saw the same sign , thinking short cut . Saw those same people looking at us like we from different plant , kids would run inside there little house's ...Uncle sarg was w/us retired military pointing out NPA hide- outs mother in-law , my son visiting us from California and my Wife who about cut my head off .

post-15417-0-98087200-1416507209_thumb.jpg

ozboy

I still find the road between Naga and Carcar to be the most scary...

Paul

I still find the road between Naga and Carcar to be the most scary...

It's interesting, to say the least, especially at night. :D 

ozboy

Mainly because the road is not a highway, yet carries so much traffic, esp those Ceres buses that drive totally crazy....so if they widen the road as they should then it means destroying those magnificent trees that line a particular section of road....catch22..

Tin

magnificent trees that line a particular section of road

What magnificent tress? The big acacia tress? They have caused troubles to some, it fall down on its own because it makes a hole inside it starting from the stem to the trunks. It falls down on a house and next  on a bus.

I saw some were cut down and yes there are  holes inside it. The environmentalist had a rally that caused so much traffic, they tied the tress with white clothes, lighted candles and climb on it to blocked the cuttings.

Paul

Any found to be unsafe should probably be removed. However, if found to be healthy trees, should definitely be left alone. I love the Acacia trees that lined the highway coming into the northern side of Carcar.

• Like 2

ozboy

SO?? is that the tree's fault or the the fact that people have no idea about conservation.....there are many fine avenues of trees in many countries that are appreciated for what they are.....

ANYWAY back to Cebu beaches....a lot of the coastline properties would be worth a million dollars in other countries. Unfortunitely people have decided to build right up to the water's edge, eliminating any semblance of what once would have been sand.....I know a guy that bought next door to a friend in Argao, of bringing in truckloads of sand to form his own beach, only to have it all washed away during a bit of a storm.....

Edited by ozboy

ozboy

post-7902-0-53469600-1416530467_thumb.jpgpost-7902-0-16302600-1416530501_thumb.jpg

Example where once was a beach!!!!!!!