Sign in to follow this  
Tin

Mahayahay Beach @ Argao

Tin

No entrance fee. Cottagespost-16449-0-81493600-1414632730_thumb.jpg for 250-350ppost-16449-0-08378000-1414632017_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

tomaw

Looks and sounds great! Roughly, where is Argao?

cebubird

Pics look nice-doesn't show how really dirty/nasty it is.

shadow

We've seen the signs and looked for it, but never found it. Where IN Argao?

cebubird

Larry, as you're going north, after passing Woodruffs, barbeques stands, etc. when you get to that sharp dogleg left on the highway, you take the road that goes straigt off the highway, and just keep following it along the beach.

• Like 2

CardiacKid

Amen to that. When we visited it was really dirty.

• Like 2

Paul

Larry, as has been stated, it is on the South side of Argao, before the hard curve to the left continuing into Argao Town.

CAUTION: That beach has a fairly strong undertow on outgoing tides. 

I don't recall it being quite as dirty as the other guys stated. But, it's been at least three years since I've stayed there.  

The first time I ever stayed there was with JJ, when we were moving from Cebu City, to Dumaguete City. We stayed HERE.

It's about 68 Kilometers South of Cebu City. 

cebubird

TRUST me!!!! Do NOT make a special trip to go there/here. You will be extremely disappointed.

If, however, you want to continue driving south, you will find some really pretty/nice beaches south of Argao.

Matter offact once you get south of here there is lots of nice scenery all along the way.

• Like 1

Tin

The dangerous part of the beach is guarded. Well it is not as dirty as before anymore, since the locals started a cooperative handling the maintenance of the beach.

There is a hotel next to it with swimming pool, the looc Graden. It does not have white sand but it is all sand as in no rocks. And there is a stand by watcher/baywatch person who keep look out in case of accident. I do not recommend to come and make it a priority but it sure is worth a stop over. I like it better at night were there are no other people. I love Moalboal more than Argao because of its white beach.  Argao seldom has  vendors following you to purchase some souveners. If you go down south pass Argao to Moalboal you would see white beaches. It has amazing view, I would never get tired just driving down there. It cost me 800p gasoline from Argao down to Moalboal and back.

• Like 3

Tin

Simply because there is no dirt to show. :)

Tin

post-16449-0-00023900-1414660564_thumb.jpg

ozboy

A much better beach just past Argao..........post-7902-0-31072800-1414662573_thumb.jpgpost-7902-0-50013900-1414662576_thumb.jpgpost-7902-0-24636700-1414662580_thumb.jpgpost-7902-0-84492400-1414662581_thumb.jpgpost-7902-0-01751200-1414662584_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

thebob

I love Moalboal more than Argao because of its white beach.

Then try Lambog Beach just south of Badian. Take the road to the golf course, follow it to the sea and the beach is on the right. We often spend the day there singing videoke.

cebubird

Then try Lambog Beach just south of Badian. Take the road to the golf course, follow it to the sea and the beach is on the right. We often spend the day there singing videoke.

Would hate to drive to a nice beach and have day ruined by a damn videoke machine. Want to go to beach to get away from that crap.

• Like 1

thebob

Would hate to drive to a nice beach and have day ruined by a damn videoke machine. Want to go to beach to get away from that crap.

We won't be seeing you there then. You know what they say? If the music's too loud then you are too...

• Like 1