I have been looking around for glass windows. I have seen and price is P3500/window standard size + free installation. Has anyone use or done same, where did you buy it and how much? Picture below is the size of my window, carpenter said it is standard size.

post-16449-0-01632600-1414558480_thumb.jpg

Edited by Tin
Skywalker

Standard size means simply that you can buy a window unit off the shelf, since it will fit the correct opening in the wall.

Get the measurements, and then go along to a builders merchant and decide on the style of window you want to pay for.

Standard size means simply that you can buy a window unit off the shelf, since it will fit the correct opening in the wall.

Get the measurements, and then go along to a builders merchant and decide on the style of window you want to pay for.

I did not mention I intend it to be a sliding glass window . I am thinking I could save some money by buying through someone who cut and make them since I am about to buy more or less 8 pcs than going somewhere where it is ready made like in big hardwares?

Hoping someone have done by not buying ready made?

Edited by Tin
RogerDat

Greetings! Where in Cebu? My neighbor in Kalawisan makes and installs such windows, but depends how far from us you are.

oztony

I have been looking around for glass windows. I have seen and price is P3500/window standard size + free installation. Has anyone use or done same, where did you buy it and how much? Picture below is the size of my window, carpenter said it is standard size.

attachicon.gifWindow.JPG

Tin , get the glass and aluminium guy's to come over and measure it , then the onus of accuracy and correctness is on them , if you have no experience in this let them measure , there is more to it than you think , you need to pick a side and work 90 degrees out of each corner to the other side , or know how much wriggle room to allow for , trust me I have installed thousands of windows . There will not be anything you can buy off the shelf , it will have to be made .

• Like 4

Greetings! Where in Cebu? My neighbor in Kalawisan makes and installs such windows, but depends how far from us you are.

I am in Argao. I have seen is P3500/ window + free installation. How much is theirs?

Where is Kalawisan?

Edited by Tin

Tin , get the glass and aluminium guy's to come over and measure it , then the onus of accuracy and correctness is on them , if you have no experience in this let them measure , there is more to it than you think , you need to pick a side and work 90 degrees out of each corner to the other side , or know how much wriggle room to allow for , trust me I have installed thousands of windows . There will not be anything you can buy off the shelf , it will have to be made .

I have talk to someone about this already for P3500/window,  maybe someone knows with cheaper price?

Maybe someone from the south, we could always give them a ride.

You think if I will hire this guy the price is fare enough?

Edited by Tin
A_Simple_Man

I have talk to someone about this already for P3500/window,  maybe someone knows with cheaper price?

Did someone come to the house and measure then give you an estimate for an installed window?  If not then the estimate is almost worthless, same as any estimates you could get from anyone here who has not come over and had a look.

Did someone come to the house and measure then give you an estimate for an installed window?

No the guy did not come over to take a look yet. But the estimate price he told me is for standard size  which is the sizes of my windows.

oztony

Maybe someone from the south, we could always give them a ride.

just ask around for a local glass and aluminium guy , if there is only one in Argao , that's it then , cos travel with cost you from Carcar or Dalaguete , if you are heading into Carcar at any time soon just take some near enough measurements of the opening and then stop in somewhere in Carcar and ask how much for a comparison , for me p3000, would seem a bit closer to the mark , get a screen at the same time to keep the mosquito out

RogerDat

Greetings! Mactan Cebu, my guy likes to eat lunch at home so not much help I am afrade.

Edited by RogerDat

just ask around for a local glass and aluminium guy , if there is only one in Argao , that's it then , cos travel with cost you from Carcar or Dalaguete , if you are heading into Carcar at any time soon just take some near enough measurements of the opening and then stop in somewhere in Carcar and ask how much for a comparison , for me p3000, would seem a bit closer to the mark , get a screen at the same time to keep the mosquito out

If there is one in dalaguete who coud do it for 3000p each then I could still save 4,000 pesos for 8 windows, I do not think it would cost me that much to give them a ride to Carcar or even to dalaguete.

Thank you Oztony.

oztony

If there is one in dalaguete who coud do it for 3000p each then I could still save 4,000 pesos for 8 windows, I do not think it would cost me that much to give them a ride to Carcar or even to dalaguete.

Thank you Oztony.

That saving should nearly give you enough to get the fly screens for your windows , if it is not already included?

johnboy999

There is a shop in Dalaguete where they sell sliding windows. Just past Charitos. Sorry, but I'm not in the Phils at the moment so I can't get their number or get a price guide for you but whenever we used them in the past they've always had low prices.

Whoever you give the job to, I suggest that you ask him, as a reference, to give you the names and numbers of some previous customers he has done work for.

Then call them and even go and check out the installations, well worth the effort.

Believe me, there are some 'real cowboys' in the window business here.

• Like 1