Sign in to follow this  
wizardsleeves

Heading to panglao island am i going to get bored

Ogami

That's a long stay. There are a lot of tourist activities in Bohol, but not three weeks worth. Although some guys like to settle in at the beach bars and soak their brains. There is a shuttle that'll take you to a bar called "Aliens", it's relatively upscale for Panglao. Then  there's the aforementioned bars in Tagbi.  However, be clear, there are no GRO type bars in Bohol, they've popped a few times over the years but the church leagues shut them down fast. Bohol is far more conservative and provincial than Cebu City. 

• Like 3

fred42

That's a long stay. There are a lot of tourist activities in Bohol, but not three weeks worth. Although some guys like to settle in at the beach bars and soak their brains. There is a shuttle that'll take you to a bar called "Aliens", it's relatively upscale for Panglao. Then  there's the aforementioned bars in Tagbi.  However, be clear, there are no GRO type bars in Bohol, they've popped a few times over the years but the church leagues shut them down fast. Bohol is far more conservative and provincial than Cebu City. 

"Aliens" Disco was shut down ages ago..Bankrupt I reckon.

• Like 2

Dragon

"Aliens" Disco was shut down ages ago..Bankrupt I reckon.

About 6 months ago Aliens was shut down for re-modeling.  I do believe it is now open.  That entire little strip mall is for sale - 20 million pesos.

• Like 1

davehud

Back in the day I always started my trips in Manila and Angeles City. Then when I got good and tired of girls and drinking I would head for the provinces...

fred42

About 6 months ago Aliens was shut down for re-modeling.  I do believe it is now open.  That entire little strip mall is for sale - 20 million pesos.

Oh right..

We did go to the "baptismal" for the free goodies on offer and had a really good night.

I was introduced to about 7 of the foreign partners that showed us around..

Even back then I thought how the heck could the place show a return to so many investors?

It must have cost them a small fortune,what? 2/3 years ago? And they have remodeled since?

Geez!

Edited by fred42

Skywalker

It might be worthwhile investing in an Open Water diving course.  There are worse places to dive!

The main problem with Panglao is that it doesn't represent the Philippines culture in anyway.  Certainly hire a bike and scoot around Bohol, there are plenty of interesting sites that are more Philippines specific.

Canuck Joe

No need to book anywhere that long...we bop around and find deals. Its ok to book something for a day or two so when tired from traveling you can just arrive and crash. Hope you didn't pay. 

Alona beach....to many boats and tour pushers for me

if you have money to burn...but still would be boring for you

Ogami

Oh right..

We did go to the "baptismal" for the free goodies on offer and had a really good night.

I was introduced to about 7 of the foreign partners that showed us around..

Even back then I thought how the heck could the place show a return to so many investors?

It must have cost them a small fortune,what? 2/3 years ago? And they have remodeled since?

Geez!

I know, remodel already? Their website is still online and the pics are fairly representative. Lots of shots of an empty disco. I think it's pending remodel until some sucker comes along and buys the mall. The disco is out in no man's land Panglao, if you have to shuttle people in you're got a problem. 

SomeRandomGuy

I hate bohol. Panglao is too touristy.

Same questions every day.

I have mates that live there and love it.

I can only stand a day there. Heaps better things to discover in this country then a tourist spot.

I can go to the beach in oz, have all the pros none of the hassles for same price as panglao.

U are going to bored after three seconds.

Bah Humbug

• Like 1

youngwillie

If it's really not possible to shorten your time (or even cancel it) then Cebu is only a few hours away on a boat. If you really need female company so badly then go back to Cebu and arrange it. I'm sure you could find someone who would enjoy a paid holiday.

Most of the appeal for me about Bohol is the quiet and conservative nature of the place despite it's proximity to an almost mega city. I don't want that to change.

I, like the OP, live in the UK where I cannot go to the beach. Well, there are beaches but the cold would still kill you even in high summer. I don't think I could take Panglao for more than a week max. On the other hand I like Bohol a lot, There is alot more to the island and even if you don't fancy taking your chances on a bike there are buses that run all over the place. Finding lodgings is easy, just ask as you go. Maybe you could try making your way over to Anda or thereabouts. It's far away from the business end of the island. You can even get over to Mindanao from Jagna if you want to go further.

To be honest, if it's "cigarettes and whisky and wild, wild women" you are looking for then Panglao and Bohol aren't really right for that. I hope Bohol never will be.

• Like 2

SomeRandomGuy

Sounds to me the op would be better off up in angeles and subic

Bah Humbug

• Like 4

youngwillie

Sounds to me the op would be better off up in angeles and subic

Bah Humbug

I think you are 100% correct with that Mr Random.

Ogami

I agree. It's sleepier than panglao but a much better beach. By Panglao what I really mean is Alona Beach, which is where the bulk of the tourists stay. I like Alona, it's busy but it's not a world class beach, sea grass, pump boats docked all over, way overbuilt, issues with septic leaks, illegal seawall that have degraded the sand. It's not bad, but there are far better beaches in Bohol, especially in places like Anda. The rest of Panglao's beaches are okay, probably the best is at Bohol Beach Club, but it's a bit congested as well. 

You can even get over to Mindanao from Jagna if you want to go further.

fred42

BBC beach wasn't that busy last time I checked but then tourism is still a bit slow since earthquake.

P1000239_zps8cb7291a.jpg

P1000243_zpsfb603360.jpg

P1000245_zps7806e63d.jpg

• Like 2

wizardsleeves

Great info guys but i said i like female company i did nt say i liked whoreing so angles and maybe subic are not my idea of fun.