Looking for a new efficient refrigerator? You may want to consider a Samsung Inverter Refrigerator.

My landlord recently purchased a new Samsung Inverter Refrigerator. Not sure of the model number, but i would guess about 10 cubic feet?

I plugged my power meter into it for 2 days and 2 hours. This refrigerator is in a home with two adults and two children. Over that time, here are the readings:

Total kWhs used: 1.864

Lowest watts registered: 2.0

Highest watts registered: 222.5 

Mains: 230vac

Cycles: 50hz

I currently have a much older, much smaller refrigerator. I plugged the power meter into it a while back. It used 2.8 kWhrs over a 24 hours period. So, when you guys are out replacing your old air-cons with new inverter technology air-cons, make sure you pick up that new refrigerator while you are at it.

By the way, I believe it was Samsung that invented the technology. They sold the technology to other appliance manufacturers. So, Samsung should probably be your choice when looking at new refrigerators. 

• Like 3
A_Simple_Man

I would like to hear if anyone has tried a solar fridge:

http://www.ecosolarcool.com/

Since our units are powered from solar energy, they require no additional power sources to function. 

We bought a Samsung Inverter Fridge a couple of weeks ago that looks like this: (23k DES)

Samsung_RB29_Fridge_Freezer_Inverter_mot

The main fridge on top is very nice, easy to see the stuff you access most.

Here's a couple of shots of the Energy guide:

post-8276-0-26426300-1414149566_thumb.jpg

post-8276-0-48710500-1414149581_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I really like it but a frost free unit is out of the question with all the brow outs we get. Off for 12 hours again tomorrow.

I would like to hear if anyone has tried a solar fridge:

http://www.ecosolarcool.com/

Since our units are powered from solar energy, they require no additional power sources to function.  

Not trying to burst your bubble here. But, they still require a controller and battery(ies) to run. Not to mention, the prices for them are CONSIDERABLY higher than for inverter refrigerators. The refrigerator I looked at recently, another inverter, was $385 USD. I imagine that Samsung will be close to the same price, definitely under $400 USD. Have you see the prices for those solar refrigerators?! 

I really like it but a frost free unit is out of the question with all the brow outs we get. Off for 12 hours again tomorrow.

If you have any extra space in your ref or freezer, fill it with water bottles. 

These inverter refrigerators are so efficient, you can run them on much smaller inverters. Worst case, buy a battery charger and deep cycles, as well as a voltage inverter. 

Edited by Paul
SomeRandomGuy

I have a samsung inverter.

Bloody good fridge.

Bah Humbug

• 2 weeks later...

Thinking of purchasing this one, price is 21,999p.

Two doors.

post-16449-0-58459600-1414879830_thumb.jpg

My new ref is a Sammy - I like their products, they are working on kicking Apples ass while they punch Sony in the nutsack - not a bad trick. 

• Like 1

Go with an inverter ref. Most efficient on the market.

got a 228 litre samsung inverter fridge, rated at using 280kwh per year, had it for almost one year,good unit