I received a communication from someone regarding the military members here

Thank you lamoe. If any of you read the whole poem and wonder what "The Widow" has to do with anything, Kipling is referring to Queen Victoria.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lamoe

• Paul

• Salty Dog

• JSL-USMC

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He asked me why I was such a strong supporter of military personnel. He was, obviously anti-military / anti-US, and said he refused to join the forum because of my view concerning military members. He

I am one of those 'bleeding heart' anti gun people. Further, neither I or my family have a military background. However I give all branches of the service my wholehearted support. I'm also an atheist

Thanks Paul.  You know, I remember the first time someone thanked me for my service and it really caught me off guard.  I was stunned speechless.  Now I try to remember to pass that on to others inclu

Posted Images

I've posted it several times but don't have the memory capacity to do a Kipple.

Regardless of how they try to hide it or disguise it a good deal of the resentment is due to Vet Envy

• Administrator
Salty Dog

I've posted it several times but don't have the memory capacity to do a Kipple.

Regardless of how they try to hide it or disguise it a good deal of the resentment is due to Vet Envy

Hell I served 32 years in the military and I have Vet Envy! I could die here in the Philippines and the VA here wouldn't give me an aspirin to save my life. While others who never even left the USA as service members and were discharged 40 years ago with a clean bill of health are now getting free medical as well as non-taxable benefits.

Edited by Salty Dog
  • Like 1

Believe me Salty I do understand - I was a radar REMF who paid for the privilege of having 2 holes I wasn't born with.

wan't vet envy was Grunt envy

0311 Hoorah

Headshot

For anybody who would like to read the entire poem "Tommy" by Rudyard Kipling, go here...

http://www.poetryloverspage.com/poets/kipling/tommy.html

For some reason, the military forum won't allow me to copy and paste from outside sources or quote other posts. I have no idea why that is. If I could have, I would have quoted the entire poem. It isn't very long. Thanks, Paddy for mentioning this poem. It has been a long time since I read it. I was always a Kipling fan.

Edited by Headshot
JSL-USMC

Oooh Rah.

I remember "Tommy" from years ago. Used to know the first two verses.

Thanks for reminding us  of the poem, whoever...

Edited by BGGruff
JSL-USMC

If you are a Viet Nam vet you know what it feels like to be shot at and missed and shit at and hit.

• Like 2
thailandphil

If you are a Viet Nam vet you know what it feels like to be shot at and missed and shit at and hit.

Amen Gunner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!