tuba

BossHog

to_dave007

Can't stand the stuff.. Drank a little one day to be polite but don't need alcohol enough that I would ever drink it again.

Edited by to_dave007
thebob

Quite often drink tuba. It's sweet in the morning and sour in the afternoon. There are tuba stations everywhere. Even Moalboal market has one.

• Like 1
For Real

Tuba = kalibang

Sent from my detachable penis in my happy shorts

• Like 1

I drank it a few times.  It is like eating a neighbor's spaghetti; can't say that it is bad or good.

When I was young it was fun to sit around and drink tuba and sing while someone played guitar. Now, not so fun. Spoiled on craft beer and peaty scotch.

Mr. Mike

Never tasted the stuff, but I have a neighbor who makes his own moonshine...good, expecially served ice cold!

• Like 1

I drank it a few times.  It is like eating a neighbor's spaghetti; can't say that it is bad or good.

Neighboors Spaghetti is very sweet here, same there?

goggleye

takes like spoiled vinegar   yechhhh  had it mixed half and half with coke  - just ruined the coke  ill stick to Kulafu    :frantic:

I wouldn't recommend it, after having tried it.  But then I don't recommend scotch either.  Now Tequila??? hehe that's a different story...that is some major good stuff.

Humboldt

I wouldn't recommend it, after having tried it.  But then I don't recommend scotch either.  Now Tequila??? hehe that's a different story...that is some major good stuff.

Yes I always bring lots of Tequila w/me on my trips load it up in LBC boxes

I share it w/some of my Filipino buddies , always telling them his is the stuff those Mexican boxer's are drinking

made from cactus plants agave ... later in the night I tell the Filipina woman how they drink it in America

body shots using lime and salt ...lol   

you can play this the next time you have a t and lime party...LOL
  • Like 1

I like some nicely aged bahalina. As mentioned, the good stuff comes from eastern Leyte/Samar.

The red color comes from the bark of a mangrove tree (called barok).

It contains tannins that give it astringency, similar to red wine, though chemically are more similar to green tea tannins.

Have had bad tuba too before, but my mother in law makes sure there's some of the good stuff when I visit.

And yes, I believe it is a health tonic (probably from the barok) based on 2 observations: my wife's grandfather drinks a huge glass everyday, and is more cut than me, and also, when I have consumed waaaay more than I should have and would expect to feel lousy the next morning, I actually will feel really great. This has happened a few times.

• Like 3
Jeepney

Had some (few times) straight from the tree, was ok (small amounts)

Tried it twice in rural markets, mixed with pepsi(never again!) and the discussions with the local market tuba drinkers were the same(forgetx10)