Sign in to follow this  
BossHog

tuba

4thDan

you can play this the next time you have a t and lime party...LOL
  • Like 1

AB2000

I like some nicely aged bahalina. As mentioned, the good stuff comes from eastern Leyte/Samar.

The red color comes from the bark of a mangrove tree (called barok).

It contains tannins that give it astringency, similar to red wine, though chemically are more similar to green tea tannins.

Have had bad tuba too before, but my mother in law makes sure there's some of the good stuff when I visit.

And yes, I believe it is a health tonic (probably from the barok) based on 2 observations: my wife's grandfather drinks a huge glass everyday, and is more cut than me, and also, when I have consumed waaaay more than I should have and would expect to feel lousy the next morning, I actually will feel really great. This has happened a few times.

• Like 3

Jeepney

Had some (few times) straight from the tree, was ok (small amounts)

Tried it twice in rural markets, mixed with pepsi(never again!) and the discussions with the local market tuba drinkers were the same(forgetx10)