This man was busted trying to impersonate a U.S. Marine

next you will be telling us when they get shot they dont bleed ... and if anything their blood flows green

I didn't feel the need to say that.  I assumed it was common knowledge.

• Like 1
  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ronin

• lamoe

• smokey

• Salty Dog

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SEALs are trained for different functions within the Department of the Navy than Marine units. I am fully aware of the training of Force Recon and the training is intense and probably matches that of

You got me there!  Not fair using your big Coast Guard brain to trick me.   Let's have a pushup competition huh?

We had a few platoons of Marines training among us in aviation school. They may be more physically fit but that's were their advantages stop from what I seen   I will say one thing, They were treate

Posted Images

smokey

I didn't feel the need to say that.  I assumed it was common knowledge.

Well if anything the marines enjoyed their stay in viet nam more then most  , After  the battle of hue i dont remember where they went

miles-high

I guess this guy was in the Navy… Doesn’t it count? Can you go easy on him wearing a Marine uniform?

Sorry, I don’t know much about the military… My former wife was an AF brat AF ROTC, I had an opportunity to take AF ROTC but never did which I regret to this date.

I have flown with former Navy, former AF, former Marine, active duty Army and NOAA pilots – they all came from different background, F-4, F-16, F-18, F-111, C141, C37, CII, The Thunderbirds, The Blue Angeles, etc. but all of them are excellent, more disciplined, dedicated pilots than many of their civilian counterparts...

My recent check airman is a former Marine fighter pilot… It’s been great to fly with him! :)

1.jpg

Lakefront, Cleveland

Edited by miles-high

My recent check airman is an ex-Marine fighter pilot… It’s been great to fly with him! :)

Former Marine.

As my drill instructor said "The only ex-Marine is a dead Marine".

"I guess this guy was in the Navy… Doesn’t it count? Can you go easy on him wearing a Marine uniform?"

Actually makes it worse. Disrespected both the Navy and the Marines

My brother (Army) and I had this discussion about ex- Army vs  ex-Marine

My contention after hearing his side is that the basis for the Marine mystique is fear.And it is a mystique -  physically, a good solder would make a good marine

We are afraid of failure which is why we go to extraordinary lengths to avoid it. If I / we fail it means we've also failed those who preceded us. My brother didn't have the same level of Esprit de Corps. Some specialized units  in the other branches do also but they are the exception not the rule.

Was not being sarcastic, it's just that our indoctrination was much finer honed and did involve what could be called brain washing,  Very few come out of our boot camps with the same mental attitude as they went in with. In many aspects it is a cult but one that focuses on depending on yourself not someone else, you do KNOW they'll be there for you but you must be willing to do the same for them.

This also evident it how we refer to the Corps. It is not unusual to hear one of us say "MY CORPS" to denote we do own it and I / we / they have paid the price to be able to say that.

Final example 

What do you call the commanding officer of the Army? = General

Navy?                                                                             = Admiral

Air Force?                                                                       = General

and you'd better never forget to use their rank

Marines? His rank maybe General but you could refer to him as simply MARINE and he will proud to answer to it.

From the newly minted boot camp graduate to old farts like me - we still take pride in being addressed simply as A MARINE.

Edited by lamoe
  • Like 1
  • Administrator
Salty Dog

Eh, I'd say you are a lawyer, you like to argue too much.

So I'll throw you a bone.

Marines are different than the other branches, they generally take much more pride in being Marines than soldiers, sailors, airmen etc...

As a whole, they demonstrate much more military bearing, pride, fitness, mental toughness and can do attitude.

There ya go, argue away, although I'm sure that many of the other branches would agree with what I said.

Watch it. Those are fighting words... :aggressive:

Just because they tell a Marine that in bootcamp, doesn't make it so.  :nea:

Why are the Marines one of the easiest branches to get into, intellectually speaking. I will restate that for the Marines here. You don't have to be very smart to get in the Marines. In fact they probably like it that way. Makes it easier to mold them... :db:

Why don't Marines eat pickles? Because they can't get their head in the jar.  :yahoo:

Edited by Salty Dog
  • Like 2
Why are the Marines one of the easiest branches to get into, intellectually speaking. I will restate that for the Marines here. You don't have to be very smart to get in the Marines. In fact they probably like it that way. Makes it easier to mold them... :db:

You're on :D

True story:  When I was in the recruiting office they gave me and another walk in a pre-test to see where we would score on the ASVAB.  They told me I scored high.  They told the other walk in he scored low and the directed him to the Army recruiting station next door.  True story!

Minimum Scores:

"Air Force recruits must score at least 36 points the 99-point ASVAB (Note: The "Overall" ASVAB Score is known as the "AFQT Score," or "Armed Forces Qualification Test Score")."

"Navy recruits must score at least 35 on the AFQT."

"Marine Corps recruits must score at least 32"

"The Coast Guard requires a minimum of 40 points on the AFQT."

"The Army requires a minimum AFQT Score of 31"

Edit: to score the minimum you have to be pretty much close to brain deal IIRC

Edited by Ronin
  • Like 2
  • Administrator
Salty Dog

True story:  When I was in the recruiting office they gave me and another walk in a pre-test to see where we would score on the ASVAB.  They told me I scored high.  They told the other walk in he scored low and the directed him to the Army recruiting station next door.  True story!

Minimum Scores:

"Air Force recruits must score at least 36 points the 99-point ASVAB (Note: The "Overall" ASVAB Score is known as the "AFQT Score," or "Armed Forces Qualification Test Score")."

See you made my case. At a minimum, you have to be 25% smarter to get into the Coast Guard than into the Marines... :biggrin_01:

See you made my case. At a minimum, you have to be 25% smarter to get into the Coast Guard than into the Marines... :biggrin_01:

You got me there!  Not fair using your big Coast Guard brain to trick me.

Let's have a pushup competition huh?

• Like 5

We had a few platoons of Marines training among us in aviation school. They may be more physically fit but that's were their advantages stop from what I seen

I will say one thing, They were treated better in AIT by their superiors than we were by our superiors

My father was a Marine 

when I went to boot in the army. my platoon was the only platoon that was not Airborn. We were the first out the door in the morning and the last off the field at night

Wasn't shit compared to my childhood with good ole pops--------LOL

BTW---- He has been dead 9 years and is still pissed I joined the Army :ROFLMAO:

Edited by KID
  • Like 3
  • Administrator
Salty Dog

You got me there!  Not fair using your big Coast Guard brain to trick me.

Let's have a pushup competition huh?

Actually push-ups, I could have given anyone a run for their money in my younger days.

Now chin-ups and running long distances, well that is another story. I was a short distance sprinter.

I only had to last long enough for a Marine to jump on the grenade while I was hauling ass.... :pardon:

• Like 1
smokey

Minimum Scores:

i chose the army i did turn down flight school because all my friends said if i went i would be  lifer and that was a bad word when your 18 .. i did not want to go into the marines because shinny shoes give me headache :yahoo:  

i chose the army i did turn down flight school because all my friends said if i went i would be lifer and that was a bad word when your 18

I would kinda expect you to go to flight school just BECAUSE your friends said it was bad.

Davaoeno

I would kinda expect you to go to flight school just BECAUSE your friends said it was bad.

Smokey might be cranky but he isnt crazy ! He doesnt like to leave the ground - so no air force and no navy . 

smokey

i just wanted to see far away places sooner the better ...  turned 18 may 16, 1969 and hit viet nam august 8th same year and let the excitement begin 

Smokey might be cranky but he isnt crazy ! He doesnt like to leave the ground - so no air force and no navy . 

i was a door gunner on a troop carrying helicopter going high was easy falling far was hard