This man was busted trying to impersonate a U.S. Marine

Can one not be both? Is that what you mean?

When I was in Marines qualified with the service rifle once year. We shot the m16 at 200 meters, 300 meters and 500 meters. You qualified based on score, expert, sharpshooter or marksman.

You wear the badge from your last qualification.

Expert- crossed rifles

Sharpshooter - cross

Marksman - square target (we called them a toilet bowl)

The picture shows him wearing an expert badge and a sharpshooter. You never wear two badges. The bar on the expert rifle badge indicates multiple expert awards - 2nd award, 3rd award, etc. (I had 5th award, I grew up with guns and hunting)

• Like 1
  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ronin

• lamoe

• Salty Dog

• smokey

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SEALs are trained for different functions within the Department of the Navy than Marine units. I am fully aware of the training of Force Recon and the training is intense and probably matches that of

You got me there!  Not fair using your big Coast Guard brain to trick me.   Let's have a pushup competition huh?

We had a few platoons of Marines training among us in aviation school. They may be more physically fit but that's were their advantages stop from what I seen   I will say one thing, They were treate

Posted Images

Not trying to start a war (pun intended) - depends on branch of service and  rank

During the Civil War, the North gave metals. The South did not. Just a bit of history I thought I would share.

Edited by Paul
  • Like 1

I lived in Ermita for a short while, and had one local bar that I frequented.

One evening there was this American sittng at the bar, complaining that the Philippines was a s***hole, manila was an even bigger s***hole, and that all the Filipinos were just monkeys and not worth talking to etc, etc.

You could see all the (Filipino) staff were getting annoyed with him, and his incessant complaining even got me annoyed.

Now, at that time, I am overweight, middle aged and had done a desk job for years, so the one thing I was not was fit and active.

Nevertheless, I told the guy that if he didnt like it there, there was an airport a few miles down the road and perhaps he should go somewhere he did like.

With that he broke a bottle on the bar, jumped off his stool and came at me with the broken bottle.

I kicked a stool in front of him, he tripped and then I kicked him VERY hard in the crutch. At which point he rather lost interest in the proceedings.

The security guard, threw him out, aided by several other Filipinos. and that was the end of the matter.

The one important point I didnt mention was that he had, for several minutes been telling me and everyone else that he was an ex-US Marine and a martial arts expert.

Now, if either of those statements was true, the chance of my winning a fight was zero (or probably less).

So, this was yet another guy who had to lie about his occupation, for some reason or other.

As an aside, while living in Angeles, I saw many guys who claimed to be ex-marines or ex-Special Forces, etc.

The guys who really were ex, or serving military knew them right away, and often called them out.

Odd that the guys who really were, say, drivers, or catering would say so.

• Like 2
Mr. Mike

Should be sentenced to Marine boot camp wearing pink BDU's :)

You beat me to it!...minus the pink BDUs

Edited by Mr. Mike
  • Like 1

The one important point I didnt mention was that he had, for several minutes been telling me and everyone else that he was an ex-US Marine and a martial arts expert.

Now, if either of those statements was true, the chance of my winning a fight was zero (or probably less).

So, this was yet another guy who had to lie about his occupation, for some reason or other.

As an aside, while living in Angeles, I saw many guys who claimed to be ex-marines or ex-Special Forces, etc.

The guys who really were ex, or serving military knew them right away, and often called them out.

Odd that the guys who really were, say, drivers, or catering would say so.

Marines don't refer to themselves as ex-Marine. Marine is a title you earn. One a Marine always a Marine.

• Like 1

Marines don't refer to themselves as ex-Marine. Marine is a title you earn. One a Marine always a Marine.

Honestly, I don't see how anyone can really call themselves ex-military, due to their service, no matter how long or short it may have been. But, maybe it's just something I don't understand.  :unknw:

Honestly, I don't see how anyone can really call themselves ex-military, due to their service, no matter how long or short it may have been. But, maybe it's just something I don't understand.  :unknw:

That's because we have the best PR slogans

For those who may never have heard them :sarcasm:

Once a Marine always a Marine       The Few The Proud  - The Marines

For the others it's - No  :sarcasm:  I didn't know them either

Air Force = "Aim High... Fly-Fight-Win"

“America’s Navy – A global force for good.”

Army Strong

Coast Guard - no slogan - motto "Semper Paratus" Always Ready

Don't have an opinion on that really.

However, if someone refers to themselves as an ex-Marine, it's almost certain that they are lying.

• Like 1
Davaoeno

straight question.  If a marine is always a marine is a sailor always a sailor and a soldier always a soldier and an airman always an airman  ?  [ I mean of course the ones who were in the military]

Edited by Davaoeno

straight question.  If a marine is always a marine is a sailor always a sailor and a soldier always a soldier and a pilot always a pilot ?  [ I mean of course the ones who were in the military]

Is a lawyer always a lawyer? :D

Don't know wasn't a wasn't a soldier, sailor or airman (that's the Air Force, I assume you meant that).

Davaoeno

Is a lawyer always a lawyer? :D

Don't know wasn't a wasn't a soldier, sailor or airman (that's the Air Force, I assume you meant that).

I have pondered that question. As far as I am concerned you can only call yourself a lawyer if you are working as one. Otherwise you are just a guy with a law degree. 

Airman- yes, thanks for that. My father was a navigator so i guess an airman [ but not a pilot ].  [ Halifaxs ]

As far as I am concerned you can only call yourself a lawyer if you are working as one.

Eh, I'd say you are a lawyer, you like to argue too much.

So I'll throw you a bone.

Marines are different than the other branches, they generally take much more pride in being Marines than soldiers, sailors, airmen etc...

As a whole, they demonstrate much more military bearing, pride, fitness, mental toughness and can do attitude.

There ya go, argue away, although I'm sure that many of the other branches would agree with what I said.

• Like 1
smokey

Eh, I'd say you are a lawyer, you like to argue too much.

So I'll throw you a bone.

Marines are different than the other branches, they generally take much more pride in being Marines than soldiers, sailors, airmen etc...

As a whole, they demonstrate much more military bearing, pride, fitness, mental toughness and can do attitude.

There ya go, argue away, although I'm sure that many of the other branches would agree with what I said.

next you will be telling us when they get shot they dont bleed ... and if anything their blood flows green

• Like 1