This man was busted trying to impersonate a U.S. Marine

Why do fools do things like this.

An upstate New York man has been charged with two counts of criminal impersonation second degree and unlawfully wearing a military uniform (U.S. Marine Corps) and unlawfully wearing a military rank (USMC Staff Sergeant).

While that’s the legal jargon for Michael R. Schrenk’s crimes, most Marines know them as “stolen valor.”

Schrenk is alleged to have impersonated a staff sergeant in the United States Marines at several events in the towns of Seneca and West Falls, New York, this summer.

Several Marine recruiters noticed Schrenk when he appeared at the Erie County Fair. The recruiters took Schrenk’s photo and passed it onto a state trooper who they knew had served.

According to “Stars and Stripes,” the recruiters could see that Schrenk was a phony as soon as they engaged him in conversation.

“A white cord draped over his shoulder had no place there. The way a full chest of medals and ribbons was displayed was improper,” “Stars and Stripes” reported.

“The sword he carried was not the type issued to a non-commissioned officer. He also claimed to be of the rank of staff sergeant, said police, who added that this did not add up, given the length of time he claimed to be a Marine,” it added.

Schrenk was also found to have impersonated a police officer in 2013. Photos of him at this LINK

• Like 2
  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ronin

• lamoe

• smokey

• Salty Dog

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SEALs are trained for different functions within the Department of the Navy than Marine units. I am fully aware of the training of Force Recon and the training is intense and probably matches that of

You got me there!  Not fair using your big Coast Guard brain to trick me.   Let's have a pushup competition huh?

We had a few platoons of Marines training among us in aviation school. They may be more physically fit but that's were their advantages stop from what I seen   I will say one thing, They were treate

Posted Images

How disrespectful can someone be? Impersonating those who actually did put on that uniform to serve? What a dickhead. I hope he does time for that. 

untitled140.png

• Like 2

Here is another story with some more details.

On Thursday, 47-year-old Michael R. Schrenk’s flirtation with wearing uniforms ended with New York state police announcing they had raided his house earlier this week and collected evidence to back up two charges of second-degree criminal impersonation of a member of the U.S. Department of Defense. READ MORE

At first I thought - ok Vet Envy - run into it before -  - then I read the whole article - no Navy jokes please.

quit_yume

it wasnt too long ago when this was perfectly legal.   enough vets and their supporters got pissed off about it a few years ago that they finally made it illegal.

• Like 1

We also have this in the UK as well. We call them Walts After Walter Mitty  { ,An old Danny Kaye film }

Being an ex serviceman my self { Royal Air Force } I to find this aborrant, & feel that these COWARDS should be thrown in jail foe some real discipline....or given a good kicking...

• Like 3
contraman

On Anzac Day in Australia they regularly pick up one or two impersonators.

Usually because they dont know what medals/service bars they are wearing which is a dead giveaway.

On a side note:

The was a market for replica medals / service bars but this was made illegal in OZ I guess about 20 years a go now.

A good thing in my book.

• Like 2

Have only run into 1 that really pissed me off - he was talking about gooks and slopes in bar real loud - asked  what service? Marines - 0311? hugh? You stupid, DF   Mother fuc* ing ah  get the F**k  out of here. I was more than a little inbreheerbtated (drunk) at the time - like now

Us little shits are like Honey Badgers  - how far are you willing to take it?

HeyMike

One of the comments on the site was funny.... "Hell If he wanted to feel important why didn't he just say he was a liberal democrat.. Geez."

• Like 2

When I see and Hear about these guys, I wonder to myself what these guys think to themselves, when they look in the mirror a home, before they leave the house. The main reason these guys get busted is because they go so overboard with the awards and decorations. I was in the Army, not the Marines, but if I saw that guy, I would know immediately that he was bullshit.

Edited by Jason S
  • Like 3
contraman

When I see and Hear about these guys, I wonder to myself what these guys think to themselves, when they look in the mirror a home, before they leave the house.

They probably use the mirror for a Selfie :(

He's wearing a rifle expert AND a rifle sharpshooter badge.

Can one not be both? Is that what you mean?

• Like 1
  • Administrator
Salty Dog

When I see and Hear about these guys, I wonder to myself what these guys think to themselves, when they look in the mirror a home, before they leave the house. The main reason these guys get busted is because they go so overboard with the awards and decorations. I was in the Army, not the Marines, but if I saw that guy, I would know immediately that he was bullshit.

5-6 medals and several rows of ribbons is hardly going overboard.

Especially for someone who had seen combat.

5-6 medals and several rows of ribbons is hardly going overboard.

Especially for someone who had seen combat.

Not trying to start a war (pun intended) - depends on branch of service and  rank