Kidnappings to rise here -Germans freed

Awesome news that the German couple have been released but the $5 mil ransom that has been paid as put all expats here at risk

Avoid Southern Mindanao and maybe Palawan 

This will become an even more thriving business for the terrorists

http://www.news.com.au/world/breaking-news/philippine-rebels-free-kidnapped-germans/story-e6frfkui-1227094472630

Abu Sayyaf spokesman Abu Rami told radio station DXRZ in southern Zamboanga City that his group received 250 million pesos ($A6.34 million) in ransom. He did not say who paid it.

• Like 1
contraman

OOOPS Another post lost in the Abyss :(

dnl_grout

Maybe...maybe not...some where down the road there will be a demand to stop the locals from sending ransom funds to the Islamic State.

I don't really for see Abu Sayyaf sending even one paso to IS. I see them as a bunch of cowards using the IS card game cause there own has already reached there limit.

Those folks in mindanao who are supposed to get some kind control over there area will half to decide if they will live as is now, all be treated as terrorists, or end it once

and for all.

Anyone on any island could grab anyone cause Abu Sayyaf will pay bounty. But I really don't see them doing that cause there to much about WE! are doing it, we are the

ones who getting respect.

I'm guessing that they will screw up on a near by counties shores forcing the Philippines to take hard action or be invaded. But remember that I'm a dreamer that thinks

every thing changes and some how will move forward...thats no fun.

I hate to an asshole but are we even sure they were kidnapped?

A lot of people are running to the aid of ISIS.

Just a different warped perspective

• Like 2

I hate to an asshole but are we even sure they were kidnapped? A lot of people are running to the aid of ISIS.

If you mean the German couple, they were on their sailboat off the coast of southern Palawan.  Their boat was found at anchor, but the couple was missing.  Initially it was thought they may had fallen victim to sea crocks in the area.  No one knew what happened until the terrorists started asking for ransom.  Now we know.

If I were kidnapped I guess I'd want to be free and alive, so I'd probably vote to pay the ransom, but I could not begin to raise the millions and millions of US dollars the terrorists demand, which I guess would result in my throat being slit.  I would hope the Philippines government would come down on these groups and stop this, but I guess that's like wanting the local governments to be honest and efficient.  <sigh>

SomeRandomGuy

If i am kidnapped I'm dead before they get a chance.

No way am i allowing myself to be taken alive and u be damned sure I'm taking one or two with me.

I already informed the mrs. Gather as much money as we can and offer a ransom on the kidnappers heads.

Fingers crossed she does what i asked.

My life means nothing, paying ransom instead of collateral damage and wiping out these assholes.

At least my life helped save future hostages.

Bah Humbug

• Like 3
Mikala

so I'd probably vote to pay the ransom, but I could not begin to raise the millions and millions of US dollars the terrorists demand

Note to self: don't kidnap Bill H as he has no money...

Back to topic: Once they pay a ransom, then it becomes a way of life for the terrorists.

I can imagine that ransom will buy a few new karaokes for quite a few terorrists down south. I doubt a centavo will leave the country.

• Like 3
Humboldt

Shanghai ..... you wake up in the fishing hole on some boat ,, on your way to Julo-Sulo

you are a big fish worth a least a life time's pay to that fisherman

If the low lifes were to ever "kidnap" me, I don't want anyone to pay anything, not a single centavo. feck 'em. Don't give them a dime, ever. Do not negotiate with terrorists, no matter the cost - EVER. 

• Like 4
Davaoeno

If the low lifes were to ever "kidnap" me, I don't want anyone to pay anything, not a single centavo

I dont think you have anything to worry about in that regard Paul  !!

However, I wouldnt be surprised if the terrorists  offered  to pay us to take you back   !! 

• Like 3
contraman

If the low lifes ever "kidnap" me, I don't want anyone to pay anything, not a single centavo. feck 'em. Don't give them a dime, ever. Do not negotiate with terrorists, no matter the cost - EVER.

Likewise

I have also told my family the same thing, do not under any circumstances negotiate with or pay these bastards a cent.

I may be killed but I can asure you at least one of them is going down with me.

• Like 3

I dont think you have anything to worry about in that regard Paul  !!

However, I wouldnt be surprised if the terrorists  offered  to pay us to take you back   !! 

You are not the first person to ever say that. I'm sure you are far from the last.

Davaoeno

You are not the first person to ever say that. I'm sure you are far from the last.

damn, did I forget to put that  :ROFLMAO:  emoticon again ??

• Like 1

If the low lifes were to ever "kidnap" me, I don't want anyone to pay anything, not a single centavo. feck 'em. Don't give them a dime, ever. Do not negotiate with terrorists, no matter the cost - EVER.

You are assuming anyone would pay to get you back?

• Like 3