Sign in to follow this  
topcat72m

i need help finding a place to rent for 3 month stay

topcat72m

Hi all

I am coming to Cebu on the 12th November and will be there for 3 months. I'm looking for a place to stay. My budget is p20k PM. I'd like to find a place convenient to the best bars and clubs. I don't mind being a bit outside as long as it has decent access via bus jeepney taxi.

A one bed or studio is fine but it has to be safe.

topcat72m

Thanks. There are a few on it I like. Maybe some members know of places that they can recommend personally.

Laurence

I have no recommendations; what I want and what you want are different. Just use your own judgement.

But, remember to travel around. It's a fantastic country with wonderful people and memorable experiences. Yeah, do Cebu City too, of course.

• Like 1

TheMatrix

I just secured a 3-month rental for my arrival in November.  I checked around, and really wanted to rent a house up in the Busay hills, maybe Maria Luisa, but very few owners want to do a 3-mth rental.  Most want 1-yr minimums, so you will have some challenges.  I was looking for higher end and that was probably the biggest obstacle, but I found a decent place in Winland Towers 45,000p for a 127 sq meter 3 bedroom.: http://www.cebuplaces.com/property_detail.php?pid=872

Contact Helen and she may have some furnished studios in the 20k range in the same building:

[email protected]

• Like 1

liquido

This place could work for you..Decent location...I never stayed there but i have stayed at there adjacent sister hotel...

http://www.expressinnph.com/our-hotels/fely-ann

Edited by liquido

motorboy

I am currently staying at Betty Apartments off of Escario. The location is great for what your looking for. The price is 19,000 a month and that includes water, cable, and internet. They clean it twice a week and change the bedding once a week. The only monies required to move in is your rent for the month. They don't ask for a deposit or multiple months up front. A guard is on duty at all times.

• Like 3

Kim_

I am currently staying at Betty Apartments off of Escario. The location is great for what your looking for. The price is 19,000 a month and that includes water, cable, and internet. They clean it twice a week and change the bedding once a week. The only monies required to move in is your rent for the month. They don't ask for a deposit or multiple months up front. A guard is on duty at all times.

Can you watch lengthy streaming video without stopping for buffering?

Laurence

i don't think that the guy is going to The Philippines to watch lengthy streaming video, without buffering. Hopefully that will be the last thing on his mind.

Edit : Just realised you're joking

Edited by Laurence
  • Like 2

motorboy

no, but have yet to find any internet here that allows that. I can stream p*orn without it stopping, which doesn't make sense. Internet is better then any hotel I have stayed at here, as we all know hotel internet speeds pretty much such here.

Kim_

i don't think that the guy is going to The Philippines to watch lengthy streaming video, without buffering. Hopefully that will be the last thing on his mind.

Edit : Just realised you're joking

Actually wasn't but that was funny :biggrin_01:

no, but have yet to find any internet here that allows that. I can stream p*orn without it stopping, which doesn't make sense. Internet is better then any hotel I have stayed at here, as we all know hotel internet speeds pretty much such here.

I'm doing a bit of studying (distance university) so need to follow classes online, not all classes are recorded.

Holiday Spa has a good internet connection, I've followed a 2 hour class yesterday without interruption....

Swagman in Angeles had very good internet connection while we stayed there.

I'm just asking as I might come bach here for a longer stay and I'm also interested in knowing of places to stay a few months.

Where exactly is Betty's located? Near to the McDonalds? or nearer Golden Peak?  any noise from traffic?

Could be a good day to just go there to have a look......

motorboy

I'm doing a bit of studying (distance university) so need to follow classes online, not all classes are recorded.

Holiday Spa has a good internet connection, I've followed a 2 hour class yesterday without interruption....

I'm just asking as I might come bach here for a longer stay and I'm also interested in knowing of places to stay a few months.

Where exactly is Betty's located? Near to the McDonalds? or nearer Golden Peak?  any noise from traffic?

located very close to McDonalds. I have yet to be woken by any noise at all. Taxi to Mango and Ayala runs around 50 pesos.

AussieLex

Check out www.airbnb.com

Lot of places listed and you can do searches based on price etc... some good value places there and for sure better than hotels for the most part... they also have guest reviews as well to help guide you.

Ozbrum

Arcenas apartelle at Banilad is not bad

18 k per month, one bed and small kitchen

wfi good

no noise

security good

5 minutes walk to country mall, to find Jolly bee, chow king and several restaurants,

5 minutes walk  to Banilad town center, Starbucks, Robinson and several good restaurants

couple of pubs and bars within 15 minute jeepney ride

i stayed there a couple of months 2 years ago,

friend stayed there in July this year

TheMatrix

Arcenas apartelle at Banilad is not bad

18 k per month, one bed and small kitchen

wfi good

no noise

security good

5 minutes walk to country mall, to find Jolly bee, chow king and several restaurants,

5 minutes walk  to Banilad town center, Starbucks, Robinson and several good restaurants

couple of pubs and bars within 15 minute jeepney ride

i stayed there a couple of months 2 years ago,

friend stayed there in July this year

There are definitely deals to be had.  When I first moved to the Philippines in 2008, I live in a nice large furnished 3-bedroom home for 13,000p per month.  It was in Tisa Labangon.