Sign in to follow this  
Jester

BB Box, that time of year again.

TorJay

I sent 2 in mid-August from Toronto, Canada via LBC.  Estimated arrival date in Manila Port is Oct 9.  So far, it is within previous shipment times.  Yeah. I know the problem lies within the Port.  Hope they get that mess cleared out soon.

Scruffydog

All this talk of boxes lets see I sent 5 may 22 2014 with forex they arrived finally that over 4 months any one else have boxes sent and if so when and from where and company if we can just boxes sent from march of this year when the port started to have overstock problems

I sent 2 this summer, seems like it was late June. LBC/ Macon , GA to Talisay. It did take a little longer than usual, but both got there fine

• Like 1

rfm010

...any one else have boxes sent and if so when and from where and company ...

sent a box from michigan via forex on august 17.  according to the tracking it was received and loaded to a container in wooddale il on aug 29, received in tacoma sept 20, loaded to vessel sept 26.  i don't expect any more updates until it arrives in manila port but i'm guessing the ship has already left tacoma.

goggleye

In the last box i sent in late August hasnt arrived yet - i shipped a old heavy duty singer sewing machine and a bread making machine   both didnt cost me anything but they are excited in the phils they are on the way.  I agree they are too heavy.  I usually put the box in the vehicle first then take everything out and put it in the box.  then when I get to the pinoy store we slide it onto the hand dolly.  I couldnt pick it up by myself   - no way   - I think  my family there will love packets of flavored dry mashed potatoes.   and of course chocolate is always a big hit .

Edited by goggleye

to_dave007

i shipped a old heavy duty singer sewing machine and a bread making machine

was surprised to find that there still seems to be active online market for parts for those old singer machines. Was travelling with my 82 year old mum through Mennonite country here in Canada about a month ago, and visited one farm to look at the quilts they were selling.. Beautiful work, all done on an old trundle powered singer. In PI a good tailor business can be built around a singer in good repair.

Edited by to_dave007
  • Like 1

goggleye

There are lots of old trundle powered singers going in the phils    my sweeties mother has one  - u can get parts for all of them.- u can get parts for about any singer ever made.

Salty Dog

sent a box from michigan via forex on august 17.  according to the tracking it was received and loaded to a container in wooddale il on aug 29, received in tacoma sept 20, loaded to vessel sept 26.  i don't expect any more updates until it arrives in manila port but i'm guessing the ship has already left tacoma.

Normally ships never stay in port for more than a day or two.

AB2000

Re: Spam in the BB box.

This month, Costco has $5 off an 8pack, so that's $1.88 a can (84PHP)

And the spam that arrived in the box that we sent right before Yolanda was worth much more than what we paid for it here in the US when it arrived.

Jester

There are lots of old trundle powered singers going in the phils    my sweeties mother has one  - u can get parts for all of them.- u can get parts for about any singer ever made.

The last time I was in Chang Mi Thailand there was a store that sold brand new old fashioned treadle powered Singer's!!  The only difference I saw was the stands were stamped metal and not cast iron.   I am not an expert, they could be vastly different.  Whiner

TorJay

The problem is not the ships staying in port.  The problem is the cargo companies that fail to pick up their cargo in a timely manner.

• Like 1

smokey

These days not so my cargo was due aug 3 but could not get a slot so the ship went to china and came back august 24

goggleye

The last time I was in Chang Mi Thailand there was a store that sold brand new old fashioned treadle powered Singer's!!  The only difference I saw was the stands were stamped metal and not cast iron.   I am not an expert, they could be vastly different.  Whiner

The original singer corp was bought up some years ago   - Another company just uses their name now  -  I could see the need still for a human powered sewing machine in lots of the world  - I hope they are good for the sake of their owners  

cebubird

this guy seems to offer such service.

https://www.facebook.com/backofficeboss

Yes Ian they do. I located a number for them and girl in office said they did ship from Cebu also and would email me info.

Also I checked with LBC here and was told I had to furnish my own box and something about listing number of items that were in the box. I gathered she was talking a very small box.

cebubird

Yes Ian they do. I located a number for them and girl in office said they did ship from Cebu also and would email me info.

Also I checked with LBC here and was told I had to furnish my own box and something about listing number of items that were in the box. I gathered she was talking a very small box.

Got email today from "backofficebob" and a 51cmx51cmx51 box would cost 11200pesos to ship to a zip code in Florida. It's shipped by DHL and delivery is on 3rd day.

Also LBC ships only 3kg.

sugbu777

I sent two Kohler cast-iron and enameled bathroom sinks in two boxes and then packed stuff around them. Had to do it. Got the two sinks on sale for $25.00 each. You can't get that quality of sink in Cebu and if you could it would cost quite a bit.

rfm010

on the off chance that this may help others in the planning of shipping a box, the box in question was picked up by the forex guy sunday night august 17.  a touch over two months is not bad considering the port problems.  of course, it hasn't actually reached my door yet, so there's still room for surprises.

2r76emc.jpg

Jester

For anyone interested. Could someone figure out which ship by the time and date, Florida would likely be state it departs from?

post-842-0-41830200-1420592738_thumb.jpg

ozboy

OZTONY>>>>> you mentioned in another post somewhere that you knew of a reliable BB from Melb to Cebu....friends need someone from Mt.Evelyn to Cebu n the ones we been using BD Express have started to let customers down.....

can you if poss. post details...thanks.

Jester

For anyone that is following this thread with baited breath!  An update,  things have been going very smoothly, much better than expected.

post-842-0-37241000-1423159725_thumb.jpg

Jester

For the thousands of LinC members awaiting updates the box's were delivered by LBC 2/8/14, that would be 2 months and 2 days from sending. Far faster than expected. One box had a rip in it but as near as can be determined nothing is missing.

The truck delivering the packages could not navigate the road the family lives on so the box's were brought to the house by hand trucks.

I should start a poll and see how many members would like me to post videos of the family opening the box's when we get there?

Whiner

Enuff

For the thousands of LinC members awaiting updates the box's were delivered by LBC 2/8/14, that would be 2 months and 2 days from sending. Far faster than expected. One box had a rip in it but as near as can be determined nothing is missing.

The truck delivering the packages could not navigate the road the family lives on so the box's were brought to the house by hand trucks.

I should start a poll and see how many members would like me to post videos of the family opening the box's when we get there?

Whiner

please do.

I just sent some, hoping for 3 months............

• Like 1

ozboy

As I posted somewhere else our 2 boxes arrived from Oz to Cebu over the chrissy period...took approx. 6 weeks and arrived intact....all the chocolates were fine, so was the cheese.

Yes we made them open it on Skype so we could enjoy the looks on the grandkids faces.....

• Like 1

Jester

please do.

I just sent some, hoping for 3 months............

Will you do a video?   :cool:

Enuff

yes I will, but I will be the one opening

3 months from now I probably wont remember what I sent so I will still be excited

• Like 1

BossHog

my boxes from minnesota sent in october by forex just arrived

well, they arrived in cebu anyways according to their online tracker

probably take a few more months to get to the island. whatever.

surprised they didn't arrive in manila as usual.

sometimes they deliver to the house but once (different shipper from korea) we had to go all the way to butuan to get them or lose them. wasn't too happy 'bout that.

• Like 1