"High profile or Low profile" life as a foreigner here in Philippines. pros & cons?

As a foreigner you may choose a low profile "under the radar" life in philippines or you may choose to go high profile, very visible either online or offline.

The below are some guys who are celibrities online. 

removed links - Paul

What are your thoughts? 

Edited by Hell Boy

I don't know about the links, don't care. 

But, I do care what new members post, especially ones who have not read the rules. 

I suggest you doing JUST that, prior to posting again. 

Topper

Well Paul...I guess you scared the crap out of him on that one since he hasn't replied.  :devil:

I don't know about the links, don't care. 

But, I do care what new members post, especially ones who have not read the rules. 

I suggest you doing JUST that, prior to posting again. 

I think "that" needs not be capitalized, and not "just". :D

• Like 1

Aren't most of us going to be high profile by just being Caucasians?

contraman

Aren't most of us going to be high profile by just being Caucasians?

Not me, im going incognito :)

• Like 1
4thDan

As the average height of a pinoy is 5' 5" that makes most of us "foreigners" high profile doesn't it?

• Like 1
contraman

As the average height of a pinoy is 5' 5" that makes most of us "foreigners" high profile doesn't it?

Not for us primates :)

4thDan

Not for us primates :)

Well you're being so hairy makes you stand out ...so you can't win either way.   :morn:

• Like 1
contraman

Well you're being so hairy makes you stand out ...so you can't win either way.   :morn:

OH Crap, do you really think they would notice?

4thDan

Braiding your whole body in "dreads" does draw more than the average amount of attention, soooo yeah I think they might.

• Like 1
contraman

Braiding your whole body in "dreads" does draw more than the average amount of attention, soooo yeah I think they might.

Thanks, great to have a second opinion.

Ivwill get them removed today and go for something nondescript.

Such as a full brazilian, yep, that will fool them :)

4thDan

Thanks, great to have a second opinion.

Ivwill get them removed today and go for something nondescript.

Such as a full brazilian, yep, that will fool them :)

Ever think of a total body hot wax????  

I apologize...just finished first cup of coffee...and I noticed that you had suggested that in your post....mea culpa.....

You could, just a possibility, now that the coffee has hit and the grey matter is somewhat awake, have your fav team, like the Packers or some such, emblem shaved onto the hairy mess....now that would be interesting.  

Edited by 4thDan
  • Like 2
Hogan1950

When I am in Cebu, I keep a low profile.  Pretty easy to blend into the woodwork there.  When we go to visit the family in the province, town is too small to hide, so have a fairly high profile.  Everyone in the surrounding area knows I am there within a couple of hours it seems. 

:) yes got seriously scared of paul..been hiding in my van.

To get back to the topic.

These online stars..namely Travis, Henry & Ned...all got robbed and have gottten death threats.

I mean if you share your location with a tour of your house & neighbourhoods..its damn too easy to for theives to have a go.

Upside of producing contents and put it online generates advertisment money...but getting robbed & having deaths threats is the downside.

• Like 1