Sign in to follow this  
shadow

From my inbox, a little help

Paul

For me I would delete it from the site. We don't need this shite on the forum. Just my view !

Thanks for sharing your point. Next time, just ignore the thread.

I think I will hang around for a while longer and decide what should and should not be posted on the site.

Foreststag

Thanks for sharing your point. Next time, just ignore the thread.

I think I will hang around for a while longer and decide what should and should not be posted on the site.

No-one said you should not, I posted a point of view. I thought that's what a forum was for. You don't have to like it, or do you ?

Paul

No-one said you should not, I posted a point of view. I thought that's what a forum was for. You don't have to like it, or do you ?

Apparently I wasn't clear enough.

You, sir, can refrain from posting those sorts of replies to threads. 

Now, let's steer back on topic.

mpt1947

Shadow makes a good point, we are assuming they are US Passports - when they probably aren't 

Can you contact "Rose" find out what country they are from?

Then contact that country and find out what should be done 

Depending upon the country they may laugh or not - 

Just my Opinion - don't want to get into trouble using the wrong prepositions out of order

Foreststag

Apparently I wasn't clear enough.

You, sir, can refrain from posting those sorts of replies to threads. 

Now, let's steer back on topic.

Sorry for having a view different to the dictated one.

Davaoeno

Sorry for having a view different to the dictated one.

how to crash and burn in a very unclassy way !!

Paul

Yep. 

broden

maybe she is selling her fiance's visa card.. see of she has an amex and mastercard too

• Like 1

youngwillie

Thanks for posting, it's good to know what scams are floating around at any time.

Came across a new one recently, but haven't worked out how the scam actually works. A man in India contacted a Filipina on the internet, chatted to her and then said he wants to send her a significant amount of money. However, he said that because of the currency regulations in India it can't go through a Philippine bank, but would have to go through a foreign bank account. Filipina rang her friend here in Australia very excited, asking for friend's bank account details so that the money could be sent. It didn't click with either of them that this was a scam, and I think the friend in Australia would have provided her bank details if I hadn't pointed out that it was a scam.

What I don't know is even if she had provided her bank details, how could the scammer withdraw funds without her signature or PIN?

For these ones I don't think they actually can do anything with your bank account.

If you write a cheque (check) you give out more info than these scammers ask for. It's really just for you to see what a "good person" they actually are when they didn't go mad with your bank account.

It's a part of gaining your trust. Later on they will look for an fee for arranging this or that or ask for funds to be forwarded to process this or that.

The fee is to be sent by an untraceable method like WU or Moneygram.

Hope that made a bit of sense to you.

Have a very nice day.

• Like 1