Sign in to follow this  
lukejade

chinese t shirt manufacturer exporter

lukejade

Generally, would you take t shirt wholesale from China? Are there any advice you would give?

Paul

Are you asking if we would buy wholesale t-shirts from China? 

I wouldn't. Everything I have seen coming from China, with the exception of some women, has been shit. 

• Like 2

easy44

I would guess that most of the t shirts we are all wearing come from China. Like most other things these days.

billy

The differece if it is a foreign company manufacturing in china they require china to follow there standards. When its a china manufacturer there are no standards period...... I know mr. Livingston will disagree but he is a little biased living and working in china.... I could go on and on about items i bought that were chinese manufacturer. I try not to buy anything that is a chinese owned product....

• Like 4

lukejade

Thank you all for the replies. And I do get some ideas from your comments. If I want some wholesale from China, it is best to set standard of mine. Or it would be disaster. right?

Paul

Why not have them made in Cebu? Plenty of good shops that can do it. 

Enuff

Here is a prime example:

Under Armour is made in both China and the Philippines as well as other Asian countries. The probably have strictest of all manufacturing guidelines and hand inspect EVERY article of clothing in the USA prior to its sale. They average 10 - 40' containers a week and they destroy (burn) at least 10%. You will NEVER see them sell 2nd's because it would hurt their branding. If you are going to import something and expect reliable quality you should also expect to lose at least 10% to 40% to defective merchandise. If that's your plan I hope you make enough to be profitable. And if you just sell the 2nd's expect you branding and repeat buyers to be non existent.

Edited by bigmook

Tin

Here is a prime example:

Under Armour is made in both China and the Philippines as well as other Asian countries. The probably have strictest of all manufacturing guidelines and hand inspect EVERY article of clothing in the USA prior to its sale. They average 10 - 40' containers a week and they destroy (burn) at least 10%. You will NEVER see them sell 2nd's because it would hurt their branding. If you are going to import something and expect reliable quality you should also expect to lose at least 10% to 40% to defective merchandise. If that's your plan I hope you make enough to be profitable. And if you just sell the 2nd's expect you branding and repeat buyers to be non existent.

You are right about Under Armour being made in Philippines and that they have very strict standards for thier products. Mepza is an economiz zone located  in LApu-lapu Cebu, I have worked as a Quality Auditor in one of the many companies there. The brands that being manufactured that I have checked before were Under Armour, Lululemon and Adidas. The materials specially the fabrics used are from other countries and when it comes to Phil, it undergoes many process before being forwarded to the cutting and sewing area. The only reason they are making it here in the Philippines is because of the cheap labor.

You can not easily buy those from the factory though since they are made per order.

Speaking of buying some whole sale T-shirts in China I honestly have though of that idea as a business before. But If were you I would not only focus on T-shirts. Like the Philippines my chinese friend told me that their quality varies base on the price( he is an owner of I- phone manufacturing company in china). There are cheap and of bad qualities and there are expensive with better qualities also. I have thought of buying wholesale clothes in China for Filipino market as a start and have thought of having my own little store for tshirts and fashionable clothes but the problem is if you are going to get wholesale clothes from China and go through the custom it would surely cost you much. To lower down the cost you have to import as much as you can at one time yet the problem again is how will you dispose a one container clothes if you only have one shop? I have thought again of going each store in Cebu City and making business by being a stores' wholesale supplier, but it is a hard thing because they already have their own supplier and you have to lower your price so much that you might end up not having profit at all. I end up not pursuing it and have decided to venture into a lower risk business instead.

Edited by Tin

Headed that way

I get some Chinese products off Ebay and Amazon, electronic parts, motor couplings, that sort of thing.  They are excellent quality, good fit and finish, well made products.    Might be that the Ebay and Amazon sellers understand the return policy and sell export grade products.

Tin

I get some Chinese products off Ebay and Amazon, electronic parts, motor couplings, that sort of thing.  They are excellent quality, good fit and finish, well made products.    Might be that the Ebay and Amazon sellers understand the return policy and sell export grade products.

Ah yes I usually buy my shoes at ebay. They are of good quality so far and are made in China.

Headed that way

Ebay PH or Ebay china? 

Tin

Ebay PH or Ebay china? 

I am in Phil so I guess that was ebay Ph, but some of my shoes says Made in CHINA

Ebay PH or Ebay china? 

I just got  a new one from ebay Phil, Adiddas that says MADE IN CHINA.