The Crap She Doesn't Know

• Admin (Retired)

Yeah most immature show ever

Come One Come All! Look Around You! For This Is The Most Immature Show Of Them All! 

2je45tw.jpg

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4thDan

• Tin

• Paul

• tambok

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Okay you guys.  Enough complaining and generalizing of Filipinas.  I am Filipina and I am by no means dumb!  I was educated in the Philippines.  I am very good in geography, politics, English! I know

I hope you really don't believe that.   It's like here in Cambodia. Khmer English teachers should not be teaching English, because the vast majority of them do not speak English. The reason Filipin

My, my...don't we have a lot of generalizations here today? There is no rule that Filipinas are all this way or that way. Most are not stupid, but there are those who are....just as there are stupid K

Posted Images

Sorry for this but I will be blunt and frank. I am a college student myself, I get back studying just last sem to continue my unfinisih business with school and I honestly think they are wasting my time at some point,I am sitting listening to things I already know or I could easily read on my books or internet  and  I could be somewhere working to get paid. In most college, like where I am enrolled now, the important students who mostly have higher thinking than the others where isolated and were screened, mostly they would qualify to be a teacher and those who did not pass will chose either to take IT,HRM, or any BSBA course. So I once asked my teacher if there is really a difference on how the students react or participates or do well in class, from the EDUCATION Department againsts all the other departments, and they would always say that those other Departments like BSBA and IT are hard to teach and usually are more into putting make up or talking than actually learning.

In my college now, I hate the fact that we get too much exams and talking and talking, thinsg I have learned since I was elementary. I just want to yell, what the hell is wrong with you people, give me something I do not know yet, I think if I do not read books or buy my own books at Nat'l Bookstore, I wont learn something new. Like they keep talkign about, cell, cell membrane, plastids, GOD DAMN IT, it is for elementary.

Tin, you seem to be one angry student. You also seem to have figured out that higher learning is in fact self-teach. On the other hand, you seem to expect your teacher/lecturer (?) to 'spoon feed' you with new information. This is not what higher education is about. Please, please enrol in one of my classes because my students need a wake up call. I relentlessly tell my students that my job is not to impart new information but to encourage them to learn for themselves using me as a guide, mentor or tutor.

Unfortunately the local culture pervades into the learning area and I have to work hard, really hard to get my students to think. "Oophs, I might upset someone with a radical idea so it's better to be one of the crowd. Tell me the answer and I will write it down in the exam." My counter to this attitude is that, at this level, there is no right or wrong answer; just that some answers are better than others.

I asked an intern at a hotel what her schooling was? Of coarse she said HRM. So I asked my gf , who wanted to go and is now in HRM schooling, what is HRM? Neither could tell me. . I had to tell them.

I look at her school as about 8 th grade home economics that I had many years ago.

• Like 2

I can't remember which program it was but my girlfriend once asked me if a TV program we were watching was real, I couldn't stop laughing but I didn't want to spoil her enjoying it so I said it was.  I don't see this as about having low IQ, just a different upbringing and less educated or less exposed to all the crap we get growing up on TV and at school etc. I think it's better, not a bad thing at all. 

• Like 1
  • Administrator
Salty Dog
When it comes to maths, I'm fractionally better than my wife.

• Like 3
quit_yume

Okay you guys.  Enough complaining and generalizing of Filipinas.  I am Filipina and I am by no means dumb!  I was educated in the Philippines.  I am very good in geography, politics, English! I know my multiplication table by heart, I can add, multiply, subtract, divide without the use of a calculator. I am a very good speller!

You complain about your wives', GFs' lack of education and knowledge.  I have said on another topic here, if you want educated and knowledgeable wives or girlfriends, find someone who are graduates of prestigious schools in Manila or Makati like St. Paul's College, Assumption, UP in Diliman, Q.C. or Ateneo de Manila, De La Salle, etc.

If you do, you know what your problem will be?  These women will not even give you a second look let alone pay you any attention! Are you forgetting why you're in the Philippines?  You want to retire in the Philippines and you need to find and marry a woman so you can stay there permanently.

Where did you find your wife or girlfriend? You're not so hot looking yourself.  Take a good look at yourself, please!  Are you old and decrepit? 

Consider yourself lucky if you found one who is loving, loyal and caring, no matter their educational background.  She will take care of you when the time comes.  She will not put you in a nursing home, so to speak.

That's all that matters.

well said! 

You can tell a lot about a country by its daytime television. 

In America the commercials shown during daytime television are very revealing. Every commercial is for injury lawyers, bankruptcy, disability lawyers or medical malpractice lawsuits.

In aus it's all stone cookware, Kleva seal & robovac with the occasional news update covering all the least important stuff

• Like 1

Okay you guys.  Enough complaining and generalizing of Filipinas.  I am Filipina and I am by no means dumb!  I was educated in the Philippines.  I am very good in geography, politics, English! I know my multiplication table by heart, I can add, multiply, subtract, divide without the use of a calculator. I am a very good speller!

You complain about your wives', GFs' lack of education and knowledge.  I have said on another topic here, if you want educated and knowledgeable wives or girlfriends, find someone who are graduates of prestigious schools in Manila or Makati like St. Paul's College, Assumption, UP in Diliman, Q.C. or Ateneo de Manila, De La Salle, etc.

If you do, you know what your problem will be?  These women will not even give you a second look let alone pay you any attention! Are you forgetting why you're in the Philippines?  You want to retire in the Philippines and you need to find and marry a woman so you can stay there permanently.

Where did you find your wife or girlfriend? You're not so hot looking yourself.  Take a good look at yourself, please!  Are you old and decrepit? 

Consider yourself lucky if you found one who is loving, loyal and caring, no matter their educational background.  She will take care of you when the time comes.  She will not put you in a nursing home, so to speak.

That's all that matters.

Kinda presumptuous but I see where you're coming from :-)

ILoveCyrus

Meylou has effectively shut some people up....haha

I'm not old nor decrepit. I have a lovely wife and we are both physically FIT..... thanks to God we both have brains too.

.  Most Americans can only speak one and some are even proud of that fact.  

I've heard that many times - Americans only speak one language.

There is a reason. Most never get a chance to speak any other language besides American English.

A foreign langue was required in my high school, took Spanish - 2 years. Learned all I need on the street - they didn't teach street Spanish.  Could also swear in Polish, German, and French (French sounds the best)

Was criticized when worked for German company about my lack of fluency.

Replied that most of the people I spoke to in Stuttgart, Baden Baden, Ulm, Hanover. etc. wanted to speak English.

Asked 2 very simple questions.

What language should I speak? German, French, Italian, Japanese, Chinese, Russian?

Was with about 10 of my crew at a bar in with their wifes (20 total) - asked how many spoke English? All to some degree.

contraman

Meylou has effectively shut some people up....haha

I'm not old nor decrepit. I have a lovely wife and we are both physically FIT..... thanks to God we both have brains too.

Good on you, If you don't say it, probably no one else will

No praise like self praise

• Like 2
ILoveCyrus

Good on you, If you don't say it, probably no one else will

No praise like self praise

Don't be a hater....wink wink

160 pounds of twisted steel

And sex appeal....

My girl isn't stupid she went a lot further in school than I ever did.She either wasn't taught a lot of things during her time at school or has chosen to forget cause she hasn't/wouldn't need to retain that infomation.Use it or loose it they say.I always have to ask her for help in spelling.I wouldn't call her stupid.Niave yes.She has spent a lifetime being fed fairytales by elders in the community and by the big pointy building down the end of the road.It's no wonder that she would believe what I tell her,she believes everything I tell her when I am teasing her just like she believes the fairytales she has been told about aswangs and Jesus,Just yesterday the wind was very strong and she was complaining so I told her if it keeps up it will blow her island closer to Manila and the ferry trips will become cheaper.The first answer was Really??? can it happen????Then she started to use her brain and question me and  I was told to feckoff.I'm full of shit.Years of being told by others that this is the way it is and this is real is slowly being changed and she is using her own judgmnet and not just following the sheep and believing all the shit they are fed.I am very proud of her independent thinking .

• Like 3

Tin, you seem to be one angry student. You also seem to have figured out that higher learning is in fact self-teach. On the other hand, you seem to expect your teacher/lecturer (?) to 'spoon feed' you with new information. This is not what higher education is about. Please, please enrol in one of my classes because my students need a wake up call. I relentlessly tell my students that my job is not to impart new information but to encourage them to learn for themselves using me as a guide, mentor or tutor.

Unfortunately the local culture pervades into the learning area and I have to work hard, really hard to get my students to think. "Oophs, I might upset someone with a radical idea so it's better to be one of the crowd. Tell me the answer and I will write it down in the exam." My counter to this attitude is that, at this level, there is no right or wrong answer; just that some answers are better than others.

I am not looking for spoon feeding, I have been to two different big Universities in Cebu and they are all the same, they keep talking about the same thing over and over again..  Unlike in the city on my college now, the teacher actually do some discussions and yes we are like high school students, she would give us a topic, would make us research and then she would discuss later on but what I mean is why not go deeper, and if I start to go deeper they could not relate because the teacher herself limits herself on the the basic of what one book could give her, She was actually shock when I asked what is happening for that expediiton to Mars? She does not even know that USA has been exploring Mars na. And by the way, I dislike it when the teacher tells her lifestory to the class, from his husband or boyfriend or child, it will be fine if it is related to the class discussion, but if she really just want us to hear it because it makes her feel good, then I just want to say, excuse me ma'am can I go to the rest room?

• Like 1