Legal advice, being scammed by a pinay with foreign husband

So last night my misses comes home with this story,

She was hanging about with some neighbors who had some friends over.

Including one of them another foreigner who got 'scammed'

Nothing new under the sun here, so i thought well let me hear her out and see if i can get a laugh.

But it seems a little different then the usual sobby drunkard who got played for his money by a prosti

So the story goes:

the usual meeting of a girlfriend online, whity gets all excited and with his pension and savings buys a little resort here. Hoping for the usual laid back lifestyle pensioners think they'll get before coming here. Jadajada jada girls meets boy, 2 years deep into a 'relationship' and a shitload of cash wasted on the girl. She runs off and tells him that she scammed him and is actually married to another foreigner for a long period of time. (Pre 2008) goes back to her husband and leaves this guy in ruins.

Not really elaborate but you guys might get the story.

This man ain't a bad guy and i can imagine the harm done to him has probably scared him of a lot of filipina's, the usual pinay scam i don't really care about. But here it seems to me, even if you probably never going to be able to get back your cash you could make the pinay ex's live miserable on a legal point of view.

I'm not a lawyer but it seems to me, that in line of the law the woman whom already is married is actually misleading you and abusing you under false pre-tenses.

I know in the eyes of the PH law we whities are worth nothing, but shouldn't this be fightable?

• Like 2
Headshot

I know in the eyes of the PH law we whities are worth nothing, but shouldn't this be fightable?

What a silly question...

You want the guy to throw good money after bad?

File it under lessons learned and walk away.

• Like 9
Headshot

I pity the real husband. He's even more stupid to take her back.

What makes you think he wasn't in on the scam? Maybe he was "renting" his wife out to build some capital.

• Like 7
Headshot

And we wonder why motorcycle hitmen are such a booming business?

Of course, guys with guns go boom.

I personally would stay on her case, but not pursue legal actions.  What she did was morally wrong, on so many levels.  At the very least, she needs to hear a few lectures from him, get "chewed out", so to speak.

Davaoeno

It doesnt cost that much to file an estafa case against her.    He can claim that as a married woman she held the resort in trust for him .   Might just as well name the husband as a party also .  

• Like 5
quit_yume

So I am assuming that he gave her the money to buy the resort since a foreigner cant own it and they were obviously not married.  Is this correct?  If he can prove that he gave her enough money to do this and in fact a resort was purchased he might be able to take that to court to get his money.  If there is no resort then there is nothing physical to recover from the court and he is just out of luck.

Headed that way

Add adultery charges to the mix when the guy's attorney has a chat with her.

Money is likely long gone though so property is going to be about all that could possibly be recovered if the guy acts fast.

Add adultery charges to the mix when the guy's attorney has a chat with her.Money is likely long gone though so property is going to be about all that could possibly be recovered if the guy acts fast.

Do that and the guy who was scammed will get locked up too!

• Like 2
Canuck Joe

Do that and the guy who was scammed will get locked up too!

even if he had no idea she was married?
Headed that way

I doubt that they would charge him if he was unaware that she was married especially if she scammed him.

Its been a few days since I read the beginning of this thread and I don't remembered if the guy had married her or not. If he put property in the name of a woman he wasn't married to then he was pretty dumb. If he married her then they had to have a CENOMAR which one would hope would haven't been given if the woman was married.

• Like 1