Sign in to follow this  
Salty Dog

New Way People Can Steal Your ATM PIN Code

Headshot

Yeah, that's great...but unless they also have the information encoded into the magnetic strip in your card (or the card itself), the PIN is useless.

Edited by Headshot

Paul

I was going to suggest, until he did late in the video, to just lay your fingers on other keys, or even press other keys at an ATM keypad after your card has been retrieved. Simple. 

SkyMan
Headshot, on 15 Sept 2014 - 08:38 AM, said:

Yeah, that's great...but unless they also have the information encoded into the magnetic strip in your card (or the card itself), the PIN is useless.

After he gets the code another guy robs you at gun point down the road.  And wasn't there some other video about a guy walking around a mall picking up peoples bank card info using some receiving equipment in a purse?  Oooooor perhaps this is used to gain access to a secure facility or something else.  The last secure facility I worked in had smart card touch pads and tapping the card on them caused the keypad to activate with the digits lit by LEDs in scrambled order.  You might use this infared cam to see what buttons I pushed but not the numbers.

I was going to suggest, until he did late in the video, to just lay your fingers on other keys, or even press other keys at an ATM keypad after your card has been retrieved. Simple. 

Right, just press a few other buttons.

• Like 1

Pman

After he gets the code another guy robs you at gun point down the road.  And wasn't there some other video about a guy walking around a mall picking up peoples bank card info using some receiving equipment in a purse?  Oooooor perhaps this is used to gain access to a secure facility or something else.  The last secure facility I worked in had smart card touch pads and tapping the card on them caused the keypad to activate with the digits lit by LEDs in scrambled order.  You might use this infared cam to see what buttons I pushed but not the numbers.

Right, just press a few other buttons.

I think your referring to this: 

Thank you for this info OP!

I'll be pushing extra buttons from now on!