Sign in to follow this  
Canuck Joe

Sending a Box from Philippines to.....

RogerDat

Greetings! I thought the ban was lifteed last September?

The manila Mayor said the real cause of the back up was corruption in the port operating proceedures.

• Like 2

Headshot

It created such a backlog, it is taking forever to get back to normal.

hilyfe
Air freight if you can afford it.

which company deliver to mindanao?

Dhl?

Bill H
Air freight if you can afford it.

which company deliver to mindanao?

Dhl?

Most of the major carriers deliver here.  2Go and Air21 are both very active.  UPS and FedEx seem to contract with them to handle their business.  Chuck-a-luck and Georges are two of the large ferry companies that also haul freight.  Lite Ferry also runs to some locations.  2Go runs ferries to selected locations weekly.

hilyfe

Thankx ill give ups a call

Bill H

Thankx ill give ups a call

Don't forget DHL they tend to be a little cheaper in my experience and seem to deliver anywhere.

Ed1961

Bump this thread..  any other input since 2014 ? 

A_Simple_Man

Its Christmas.  Time to send gift packages home, or not.  I just took a 3 kg gift parcel to the Dumaguete Post Office to send it to England.  Sorry sir, NO canned goods and NO liquids and we open your carefully wrapped Christmas gift to inspect it in case you lie to us.  ME:  "There are no liquids but there is a canned ham in there and some other canned meats, but nothing illegal."  THEM: "There is no way it can be done.  It is the airline policy now."  ME: "How about sending it by boat.  A slow boat will get to England by Christmas."  Just a shrug.  It is frustrating because I could take it as luggage with no questions asked.

Anyway, before I totally give up, I want to ask if anyone has found a similar restriction and if there are companies who WILL accept Christmas packages with canned meats in them.  No point to taking them out of the package, its what was asked for as a Christmas gift.

And if there is a company who will ship a 3 Kg Christmas package with canned meats to Europe; Do they slice it open and wreck the wrapping while they check to be sure I am not lying to them?  (What a fecking country this is.)

And lastly, do they have similar restrictions from Australia or other countries?  Maybe I can find a friend going back to Australia, he could put it in his luggage and ship it from there.

BossHog

Is England suffering a ham shortage of something?

A_Simple_Man
18 minutes ago, BossHog said:

Is England suffering a ham shortage of something?

1 hour ago, A_Simple_Man said:

its what was asked for as a Christmas gift.

• Thanks 1