Sign in to follow this  
ROVER

Western Union or ? to the Philippines......

hilyfe

I only use western union

For those who have used xoom

How can I use xoom to xoomming my money to phils?

NOSOCALPINOY
hilyfe

Question

What is the real reason

You cant bring out more than 10k to philippines

I meant you can but you need to declare it

NOSOCALPINOY

Question

What is the real reason

You cant bring out more than 10k to philippines

I meant you can but you need to declare it

It's all about capital control

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capital_control

Capital controls are residency-based measures such as transaction taxes, other limits, or outright prohibitions that a nation's government can use to regulate flows from capital markets into and out of the country's capital account

Paul

I tried to send some via MoneyGram recently, via their website online. But, it was refused for some reason. 

I ended up going to a local bank and sending it that way.

So, if they are in the US and are going to send money to the Philippines, they can send up to - I think it is $500 USD, for $9.99? 

I only had to send $20 USD. So, it wasn't a big deal either way.

tonny

I LIKE XOOM ALSO it go straight into my meterobank account  and if you open a acct with Metro Bank you get the ATM card then 30 min or less  put 2,000 must keep that in but if you down below that  for a month no charge if the second month u still below 2,000 then they charge you 300 P  cost under $5  good luck    ,,,,,, but don't get in a habit send money to girls here . They will drain you and maybe buy the BF here a gift ok!!!!!

towboat72

have been using w/u to send money to phil for eight years now.check money in minutes box can pick it up with in an hour.

only time its a problem is if i try to send over 999.00 so i dont do that 

my daughter sends me money here every month when my s/s is deposited to the bank only cost 10.00 us and we pick it up in  dollars

depending on exchange rate some times e change part of it at w/u office,we have been doing bus there so long they give us good rate 

hilyfe

The only hassle for me to send via w/u

I get lazy going donw to the store haha