Sign in to follow this  
ROVER

Western Union or ? to the Philippines......

SkyMan

If it is a one of, most will allow the first transaction free.

Yes, is this a one time thing or will there be more? It matters.

Scruffydog

I like Xoom. The money can be delivered in person, sent to a bank account, or they can pick it up instantly at M. Lhuillier, Cebuana Lhuillier, Palawan Pawn, BDO, Metrobank, SM Forex, and some other places.

Fees: $4.99 to send from a bank account, $5.99 from a credit card for up to $2,999. You can find "no fee" coupon codes sometimes too.

Edit: $50 minimum amount.

what he said. I like Xoom also. Free codes always floating around. First time sender can us code:  Libre  for free transaction.

LIBRE

woodchopper

i found the lbc exchange rate quite ok,,certainly up to hsbc,,b4.

Mandingo

Xoom was great until they cancelled a transaction of mine then my account without even explaining why. A lot of people here told me it would happen........and it finally did, lol.

Mainly now we just transfer to a Metro account and they can get the money with a ATM card or use Remitly if someone needs something quick. I have had zero issues using Remitly, love their customer service too.

• Like 1

Rwtom

Xoom was great until they cancelled a transaction of mine then my account without even explaining why. A lot of people here told me it would happen........and it finally did, lol.

Mainly now we just transfer to a Metro account and they can get the money with a ATM card or use Remitly if someone needs something quick. I have had zero issues using Remitly, love their customer service too.

I had the same thing happen with xoom. Cancelled a transaction, and flagged my account as closed without any explanation.  I have been using remitly lately.  They have a free option, but takes a few days.  There instant fee just went down to $3.99.  All of these services also make money off of the exchange rate.  But so do the banks.

contraman

You are jesting aren't you?

I recall you having big issues with them or  have they redeemed themselves ? :)

Paul

You are jesting aren't you?

I recall you having big issues with them or  have they redeemed themselves ? :)

It's a :link: , click it.

Tin

World REMIT, easy, cheap and fast. They could claim it at any CEBUANA Agent which is all over the country and for sure each barangay has one.

Jester

For monthly money I have a separate account set up. It is one of 4 accounts linked at the same bank, but has its own ATM card. The ATM card can only access that one account, I can transfer money into it online at will.

The family has the ATM card and can withdraw funds as needed, there is a small fee for ATM usage, I no longer know what it is. The drawback to this is getting the card there. About $80 for UPS and the card is usually good for 2 years, so about $3 month for multiple transactions. Is this the absolute cheapest, fastest, best way? I do not know, but works well for us.

There is a daily limit on withdrawals of I think $300 US. So for larger amounts we send money Western Union which is expensive but we rarely send money this way.  The super market around the corner has WU so it is not inconvenient.   HTH  Whiner

Jester

World REMIT, easy, cheap and fast. They could claim it at any CEBUANA Agent which is all over the country and for sure each barangay has one.

World remit only shows for these states?

Money transfers are available from the following US States.

• District of Columbia
  • Missouri
  • Montana
  • New Mexico
  • South Carolina
  • Utah
  • Wisconsin
  • More coming soon...
  • Like 1

TorJay

I seem to recall that you hated them.  Didn't they screw you over once upon a time? 

Maybe it was a different company.

Edit:  Ok, never mind.  I see the link now. 

Edited by TorJay

ricardo123#

My experiance with WU from the USA is that any amount less than $100 there is  $5 fee at send and there is a slice on the exchange rate on receive. any thing over $100 it is $10 USD on send.The smallest I have sent is $20..$5 usd fee to send...But having said that..if you check the "money in minutes" box it is there in minutes. I have never ever had a problem with it and now all you have to put in as an address is "Philippines"..not like before when you needed the city name. I have sent as much as $700 and no problem.

• Like 1

KennyF

The smallest amount allowed on Xoom is 50 USD with a 5 dollar fee.

When a girl asks me to just send her 500p, I tell her it's impossible. Maybe there's a way?

Send her load via the advert on LinC

KonC

DeRail

Remitly has a deal right now send money and get a $40 Amazon or walmart gift card i got mine instantly after funds were picked up.

http://remit.ly/1s3nAtr

Edited by DeRail

goggleye

Moneygram is pretty available around the Phils. $9 to send to around $300 above that they add just a little more. Any Wal-Mart service desk has it.