Yet another expat con man encounter at Ayala - "You got the time?"

• Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

well if that is how you define a con man your most likely meeting a few hundred a day just not with white skin

Well considering it is the generally accepted and popular description of a con man...
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Monsoon

• smokey

• motorboy

• towboat72

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Chris (Monsoon) posted a thread just to let others know about this guy. Then, he catches shit about - similar to what happened with motorboy not too long back.  Guys, just appreciate the fact that a

I have run into a few tourists and even some lonely expats over the years who approached me in a similar way and all they then wanted was some chat and a few questions answered. I think some of us hav

That be the guy...   Hmm, funny he's still looking for the time at Ayala. And some people gave me shit for just assuming he was a beggar/bum/con man.    Lonely and need to ask some questions about

Posted Images

smokey

i guess i will just have to remember these lessons and when i am in French baker or dunkin donuts ... note to self anyone who says hi or asked if i am a american is a Beggar and scammer and tell him to feck off 

• Like 2
smokey

Maybe but Monsoon said he was obviously on his way somewhere and that's not a good way to strike up a chat. 

This guy?

Meunier.jpg

come on you guys keep going on and on how this is heaven on earth the holy grail of living millions of friendly loving people sexy looking  women on every corner and begging for just a second of your time and yet you want this guy to leave ? Just because he has no money... and then if he leaves he will be taken to task .. how stupid to leave all this to go back to the west

• Like 2
throttleplate

for laughs and i am telling the truth now, I when walking arcross streets where the traffic is stopped and see a car,truck with philipinos driving i walk up to the car and with sad face hold out my hand palm up and the look on their faces is one of surprise and shock and then i say joke lang and they crack up.I know some one here is gonna post how i may get killed joking around like that so who is gonna be the first?

• Like 4
towboat72

attachicon.gifscammer 001.jpg

Is this the guy? He used the same exact line on me, I posted his photo a few months ago and caught some flack about it

very pleasant looking guy

towboat72

No, he is a con man. Beggars just sit on the street corner with cups, signs, or walk up to you with their hand out asking for money. I always like the beggars that say, "I won't lie I need beer money."

A con man creates an extravagant story and background before asking for money. There's a difference. And neither of them should be allowed in Ayala. 

Im glad i dont think like this

• Like 1
Foreststag

I think I've seen some of the fattest beggars ever here in Cebu. Making feed me gestures with one hand whilst holing out the other. I always say, sorry you are better fed than me. There is one genuine cripple who always gives us a wonderful smile when we see him, he is the only one I give to. I like it that despite his appalling disability he can still smile. There is one who sits outside SM Mall with his face up towards the blazing sun trying for the sympathy angle with sweat running down his face.

• Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

Im glad i dont think like this

Are you the famous Ayala guy who never knows the time and needs someone to talk to?
  • Like 3
motorboy

I think it's probably judging him a little harshly to call him a con man when he's really just begging. I also think it's too harsh to post photos of him online identifying him in any negative light. MHO.

from what I know about this dude he has been begging for a while now. Go back to the U.S. and beg if that's what you need to do in order to make a living. Why doesn't he return to the U.S.? Perhaps he is wanted and begging is a better alternative then prison. Could be a child molester and your giving him  spare change allows him to continue  doing what he does. Not saying that he does, just saying it is possible, as begging for money in the Philippines would mean that for some reason I really don't want to return home and work for a living.

• Like 1
towboat72

no im not and if i was i would not be talking to someone as busy or important as you seem to be or think you are 

contraman

Are you the famous Ayala guy who never knows the time and needs someone to talk to?

Its me :)

• Like 1
smokey

I think I've seen some of the fattest beggars ever here in Cebu. Making feed me gestures with one hand whilst holing out the other. I always say, sorry you are better fed than me. There is one genuine cripple who always gives us a wonderful smile when we see him, he is the only one I give to. I like it that despite his appalling disability he can still smile. There is one who sits outside SM Mall with his face up towards the blazing sun trying for the sympathy angle with sweat running down his face.

how about the old guy who sits by the wall of the raddison blue i have giving him a bundle of joy a few times he is old and yet keeps one foot in front of the other ..

motorboy

no im not and if i was i would not be talking to someone as busy or important as you seem to be or think you are 

Is this for me? I am a little dim witted, so sometimes the subtle way off getting your point across doesn't work with me. If it, then yes I am too busy and too important to continuously give this dude the time. 

• Like 1
smokey

from what I know about this dude he has been begging for a while now. Go back to the U.S. and beg if that's what you need to do in order to make a living. Why doesn't he return to the U.S.? Perhaps he is wanted and begging is a better alternative then prison. Could be a child molester and your giving him  spare change allows him to continue  doing what he does. Not saying that he does, just saying it is possible, as begging for money in the Philippines would mean that for some reason I really don't want to return home and work for a living.

now why would he rather go back to the west to beg.. come on even if he makes 500 peso a day he is a foreigner and gwapo to most of the farm girls...  maybe when everyone else was taking a sip of milk off the government teet he was already at ayala spreading his cheer  ,, maybe your jealous because he is better looking then you  :yahoo:

Edited by smokey
  • Like 1
motorboy

now why would he rather go back to the west to beg.. come on even if he makes 500 peso a day he is a foreigner and gwapo to most of the farm girls...  maybe when everyone else was taking a sip of milk off the government teet he was already at ayala spreading his cheer  ,, maybe your jealous because he is better looking then you  :yahoo:

better looking? hell at 500 pesos a day he is not only better looking, but he has more money then me as well

• Like 5