Harder to Marry Filipina

USMC-Retired

That has got to be the biggest pile of crock that I have read for quite a while , and Mrs Garcia should read the link I am about to post below if she wants to know the truth . The link is well worth the effort and time to read , and is well researched and accurate . There will no doubt be those that don't like it , because of how much they love their wives etc. I love my wife but I love the truth also , And just because I love my wife it doesn't mean that I am prepared to ignore facts and cold hard truth , although I may not agree with all of the article , I agree with more of it than I don't agree with , and I suppose because I am lucky and have got a genuine wife I am not affected so much by the article . I will place an excerpt of some of it with the link to the full article below.(I may get a warning for this , just to be clear I had this link emailed to me and thought some of it was relevant , and if you don't want to read anymore than the excerpts , its easy don't open the link)

The proliferation of internet cafes in the Philippines where young Filipinas flock to in droves to seek out communications with foreign men capable of sponsoring them for emigration and financially supporting them and their extended family members, is a clear manifestation of this phenomenon. Indeed, this hobby has transformed into a social custom in recent years, existing as a national past-time amongst young Filipinas, leading to foreign men being invited into financial remittances, or vacations in the Philippines culminating in physical relationships, with the ultimate goal for many being a fiancée visa out of the Philippines.

At least in Australia, the government has acknowledged this trend and have implemented guidelines for assessments of visa applicants based upon inter alia, country of nationality, background, age and gender; these guidelines being to safeguard the integrity of the visa application process. The Australian government classifies young Filipinas as a ‘high risk’ category, so much so that such visa applicants are heavily scrutinised and are imposed a ‘no further stay’ condition when granted a temporary visa to Australia.

Countries such as the United States and Australia find themselves devoting huge financial resources to assess spouse visa applications which are not genuine, having to face the economic reality that the majority of newly acquired citizens do not retain their money internally but opt to remit money back home in order to sustain the Philippines;

In 2009, about US$17.348 billion in remittances was sent to the Philippines by overseas Filipinos, higher than in previous years, according to GMA News. Indeed, this parasitical dependency has drained the financial and legal resources of many wealthy developed countries such as the United States, Canada and Australia. This problem is not one which is only caused by the Philippines, but it is necessary to concede that the Philippines is a major contributor to this phenomenon.

http://ulyssesulysses.hubpages.com/hub/Why_do_so_many_men_report_bad_Filipina_dating_marrying_experiences

That is interesting. However many longtime members are against the internet romance without serious boots on the ground. There are exceptions but being in the PH for extended times helps in more ways then just knowing the person up close and personal. Internet is a resource not ashopping mall for dating so many confuse that and get in trouble. Where this bill is wrong, marriage is a commitment of love to an individual and to make that have a dollar, yen, euro sign is wrong. Requiring you to show a person will not be a burden on other tax payers before coming to a country is responsible thinking on the part of the Government. The poverty thresholds are different for every country. The 125% is such a low burden in the US to meet.
  • Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• USMC-Retired

• Monsoon

• Majorsco

• SomeRandomGuy

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

All this concern about 'our woman'! How bloody hypercritical!  When these blood sucking politicians grow a backbone and start administering real reforms for the Philippine people, then and only then

thankfully no such things happen in filipino families

I wonder when they will write a law protecting Filipinas from Filipinos who have no means to support a family. This bill tries to vilify foreigners, but instead just highlights the plight of Filipinas

Coffeehound

Typical Republic of the Philippines BS. The issues they cite sounds more like how many Filipinos treat their Filipinas!

The solution? Piss off enough foreign nationals where the cash flow gets cut down, then they 'll see the light .

I'm just waiting to see how many 'fixer' functions this will spawn, as we all know this is the next step to milk Canos.

• Like 3
Enuff

here is a breakdown of the new requirements:

* recent copy of paystub (valid within 1 month)

* copy of 2 years tax returns (last 2 years)

* proof of insurance (life, auto & home)

* letter of reference from 3 people (not relatives)

* Western Union or Xoom account

* an acceptable credit rating score (depending on your bride)....see below:

age           beauty             education             children            minimum score

18-25      smoking hot     college degree           none                       825+

18-25         elegant           some college    live with parents             800+

18-25           cute                no college                 yes                       750+

26-40       attractive         college degree           none                       700+

26-40         elegant           some college    live with parents             650+

26-40           cute                no college                 yes                       600+

40+          attractive          college degree           none                      550+

40+             elegant          some college    live with parents             500+

40+                cute              no college                 yes                        N/A

***These prices requirements are subject to scrutiny, please see your Barangay Captain 1st***

Edited by bigmook
  • Like 5
fred42

This is like crab mentality in reverse and an illustration of Filipino pride in action.
The rich and famous at the top of the barrel pushing the rest back in.
This congress woman doesn't like terms like "mail order bride" or "Skype relationships".
She is above such things and is ashamed of her fellow female Kababayan putting her and her ilk to shame.
She has no clue that in the rest of the world there is no such thing as a "certificate of good moral character"!! 
Can you imagine going to the home office and asking for one? 
Stupid woman.

• Like 7

They talk as if they came up with something New. The U.S. already require an AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT plus latest income tax filed. :no money no honey!

I think the difference is that the US requirement is for a VISA, not a marriage. The RP requirement is for a marriage, not a VISA.....different things.

I think the difference is that the US reqreuirement 've and requireis for a VISA, not a marriage. The RP requirement is for a marriage, not a VISA.....different things.

As someone else pointed out, we're splitting hairs. Both the Fiance Visa and Spousal Visa involve and require marriage.
SomeRandomGuy

This is like crab mentality in reverse and an illustration of Filipino pride in action.

The rich and famous at the top of the barrel pushing the rest back in.

This congress woman doesn't like terms like "mail order bride" or "Skype relationships".

She is above such things and is ashamed of her fellow female Kababayan putting her and her ilk to shame.

She has no clue that in the rest of the world there is no such thing as a "certificate of good moral character"!!

Can you imagine going to the home office and asking for one?

Stupid woman.

I was wondering where one gets a certificate of good moral character.

Do u just fill out a questionnaire?.

Also I'm wondering how the catholic church feels about these new laws proposing people live in sin because their bank accounts are not enough.

Honestly it seems to me every next day this country wants to head back to communist rule

I'm awesome, just ask me

• Like 4
USMC-Retired

As someone else pointed out, we're splitting hairs. Both the Fiance Visa and Spousal Visa involve and require marriage.

It maybe splitting hairs but at least the US will allow you to marry no matter what your bank account states. The Philippines will not do that. The PH place the burden before marriage where the US places it only after.. So pick your poison
contraman

Maybe the reverse should apply as well,

Any Filipina marrying a alien should provide similar documents.

This way the guys would know they are not being scammed.

I can give several first hand accounts of Australians being duped into marriage,

Only to be dumped as soon as citizenship was obtained and then sponsoring

Her pinoy bf to migrate. All of course paid for by the settlement awarded to her

Against the Aussie husband.

Perhaps this polition should get real.

Edited by contraman
  • Like 7
For Real

Despite all the rhetoric and outrage this new policy is progress in aligning with the rest of the world and intent to protect their own...something we don't often see. It also stands to save a few doofus's from a marriage scam.

oztony

I hope this is not straying too much , But just my own little opinion / advice to fella's that are going to Marry with a way out of balance scenario ie; age , health ,education , only do it if you are staying in the P.I , If you are after a partner to take to your country , get the balance set , so you don't have the heartache and loss that I have seen so many good decent guy's suffer from , because the balance was to far out of wack .

• Like 3

Simple. Big bank account and big salary equals more remittances back to the Philippines so the foreigners can support more filipino families.

Pinoy Pride !!!

• Like 1
hookedtothenet

If you go to your embassy here   It is staffed by Filipinos If yo go to the Philippines embassy in you own country   It is staffed by Filipinos    I have recently witnessed this first hand,     Hows that work ?

I can imagine that it is just a case of the Foreign Embassy wanting to outsource their services to the Philippines to save money. They do also have Foreign Nationals in the embassies and consuls, but I agree they are few. 

Topper

I don't care to much for money, money cant buy me love

I'm awesome, just ask me

Maybe not, but it can take you to the places where you can find it.   :P

Sorry but there are many differences, but it's not worth the time to debate it really, won't change anything.