Harder to Marry Filipina

The military made it hard to marry a pinay. You needed your CO's permission, then you had to attend a class where they tried to persuade you to change your mind, then the wife had to attend an Americanization school. Then there was cool down period. Then you had to get the ok of the Catholic church and get a license. And then you needed to go to the embassy and apply for a visa and the physical and the NBI check. Despite that they said 90% of the unions failed.

Sent from my RM-860_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• USMC-Retired

• Monsoon

• Majorsco

• SomeRandomGuy

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

All this concern about 'our woman'! How bloody hypercritical!  When these blood sucking politicians grow a backbone and start administering real reforms for the Philippine people, then and only then

thankfully no such things happen in filipino families

I wonder when they will write a law protecting Filipinas from Filipinos who have no means to support a family. This bill tries to vilify foreigners, but instead just highlights the plight of Filipinas

Mate of mine got interviewed for his Aussie citizenship by an Indian he could not understand.

Off-topic but that's similar to my Canadian Citizenship interview. The judge was of eastern European descent. Spoke good English but with a strong accent. I had waited 45 minutes for the interview of an older Chinese couple (with daughter in tow as an interpreter). My interview took 5 minutes :)

For Real

Here is the answer to the question Filipino's ask. Whatever is learned and implemented from our politicians overseas trips? Gwen must have sat in on a Pinay wives in the west club meeting and caught onto the ubiquitis "you can do so much better than him" sentence. Impossible to insert into local dialoge due the widespread abject poverty so a new blanket law was thought up to align expectations with Pinays in the west. Ya never know but it might lead to less marriage breakups in the west.

smokey

it will be like everything else you need a person to sign and you pay this for this class and this for checking this out etc etc etc and when everyone has a cut your free to marry oh and there will be an express window

• Like 5
miles-high

I remember seeing a documentary about a pinay marrying a Korean man. It was quite disturbing to watch and I imagine it's the kind of thing that this is trying to avoid.

The laws are appeared to have been written in such a way that they are applicable to all foreigners but in some SA countries, e.g., Cambodia, they are targeted specifically to the Korean men…

Mikala

The laws are appeared to have been written in such a way that they are applicable to all foreigners but in some SA countries, e.g., Cambodia, they are targeted specifically to the Korean men…

I don't blame 'em for that. There's a lot of poverty stricken Korean rice farmers that can't find a Korean girl to marry them, so they just hop over to China, Vietnam, Cambodia or the Philippines to find a wife, bring her back and have a helping hand in the fields.

Edited by Mikala

Well at least they removed the proposed provision in the bill requiring a strip search :)

smokey

I wonder when they will write a law protecting Filipinas from Filipinos who have no means to support a family. This bill tries to vilify foreigners, but instead just highlights the plight of Filipinas who marry lazy Filipinos who would rather have their wives support them while they tend to their chicken or play Lotto. Some of my wife's friends (teachers) have husbands like that. Then again, Filipinos would rather see bad things in foreigners than see bad things about themselves.

the key word is bashing foreigners is good for elections ... they dont vote and locals see them as snobbish old guys with a string of beauty queens in tow

• Like 1

The House Committee on Revision of Laws, chaired by Pangasinan Rep. Marlyn Primicias-Agabas, sponsored for plenary approval House Bill 4828, which substituted HB 2387 authored by Cebu Rep. Gwendolyn Garcia. Gwen Garcia - the Former Governor of Cebu?

​It isn't law yet just proposed and it is replacing HB2387, which was probably the same thing but not approved.

Every time I turned around prior to marrying my wife, I was asked for something regarding income - whether it Legal Capacity to Marry, or some other document some where to showing bank statements  Nothing new just another name  

But it does bring up a interesting questions It is ok for the US to demand from Immigrants coming to the US proof that they will not be a burden on our resources, but we are put out because the Philippines wants to do the same thing?

The law can't work in reality.

Example of a way you can avoid this law:
Bring your woman on a "1peso" trip to Thailand and marry there. When you return you will get a year's stay.

• Like 2

I think that this legislation will only apply to marriages in the Philippines, although the "means test" is dealt with in foreign visa applications in any event.  I guess it's just bringing it in line where ever you decide to marry.

Majorsco

I think that this legislation will only apply to marriages in the Philippines, although the "means test" is dealt with in foreign visa applications in any event. I guess it's just bringing it in line where ever you decide to marry.

Maybe or maybe not since Filipinos must get certificate from DFA via the commission of Filipinos overseas CFO to be allowed to leave the Philippines. If they don't have the stamp they can be stopped from leaving. Will there be extra requirements to clear CFO?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk