Sign in to follow this  
Headed that way

The redirects are back

Edwin

I thought he kept the bad apples in the DK.

Edit: spelling/fat fingers

Edited by Edwin
  • Like 1

Paul

Norton took 3 of these off for me yesterday before I could login here ..I know the ads are helpful to you but sometimes they are part of the problem like this..  I saw this happen to another site I visit and the guy had to go thru his ads and eliminate the bad ones and then it was ok again.  Maybe you have a few bad apples in the bunch Paul..  I gotta go  good luck ! 

The ONLY ads on this site are Google Adsense and InfoLinks. Infolinks is restricted to the hidden forums only.

I never got redirected, I did get a page failure to load but I think Ghostery and Norton Security might have prevented the redirect. 

That's all I have gotten as well. 

• Like 1

Paul

I will stay up tonight (23:45 here now) and keep an eye on it to see how things go. 

broden

I thought he kept the bad apples in the DK.

no he keeps us on staff

• Like 2

Cipro

I will stay up tonight (23:45 here now) and keep an eye on it to see how things go. 

I expect results, dammit. 

• Like 1

Chas

Ok - think I might be suffering from this...

One of the devices I use to access the forum is a Nexus 7 (2012) tablet running Android 4.4.4

I have two browsers on the tablet, Chrome and Opera.  I can access the site using Opera, but normally I use Chrome.

I had the Forum bookmarked in Chrome.  Today the following started happening even if I tried to access via a Google search instead.  After choosing the Forum in the following order:

Splitter.ndsplitter.com....      (shows a plain background with the word 'Privacy' on it)

Splitter.microxml.net/.......

Hide.itrc888.com/redirect.....

tracking.applift.com/.....

za.zerodirect1.com/.......    (where it hangs with a blank page).

I cleared cache, cookies, history - no luck   An antivirus scan does not identify any problems.  The problem only occurs if I try and access the Forum.  No problems with any other sites.

I can access the Forum using Windows 7 pc and Vista pc without any problems.

Looked on google and no information I could see on how to block splitter.ndsplitter.com   It does not seem to be malware.

Anybody got any suggestions how I can get rid of/solve this?

Thanks

Chas

P.S. (edit to add this) forgot to add that I deleted the bookmark and entered it again (manually as I could not access the page to bookmark it)  and still had the problem.

Edited by Chas

Alan S

It seems that the majority of people have the same problem, and I suspect that it is at the web hosts end rather than "our " computers.

• Like 1

contraman

For what its worth

No issues today

But yesterday on my Windows 8.1 and Chrome browser, I just got the adverts and Surveys.

Run AVG nothing

Run Malwarebytes - 2 issues, found - run clean up  all Okay

The android tablet has been okay all they way through

topcat72m

My nexus is doing the same thing.

My Nokia Lumia phone is ok so far today.

Paul

It seems that the majority of people have the same problem, and I suspect that it is at the web hosts end rather than "our " computers.

I will keep searching. I have sent a support ticket to IPS as well. 

philuk

Woo hoo, alls grand n dandy on pc and tapa on me phone,

Man that was scary.                  thought i was gonna have to break something expensive

• Like 1

Chas

Seems to be solved.  Now no problems when accessing the Forum on the Tablet using Chrome.  No idea what fixed it, but thanks to whoever found the solution.

Maybe Next Yr

Ok - think I might be suffering from this...

One of the devices I use to access the forum is a Nexus 7 (2012) tablet running Android 4.4.4

I have two browsers on the tablet, Chrome and Opera.  I can access the site using Opera, but normally I use Chrome.

I had the Forum bookmarked in Chrome.  Today the following started happening even if I tried to access via a Google search instead.  After choosing the Forum in the following order:

Splitter.ndsplitter.com....      (shows a plain background with the word 'Privacy' on it)

Splitter.microxml.net/.......

Hide.itrc888.com/redirect.....

tracking.applift.com/.....

za.zerodirect1.com/.......    (where it hangs with a blank page).

I cleared cache, cookies, history - no luck   An antivirus scan does not identify any problems.  The problem only occurs if I try and access the Forum.  No problems with any other sites.

I can access the Forum using Windows 7 pc and Vista pc without any problems.

Looked on google and no information I could see on how to block splitter.ndsplitter.com   It does not seem to be malware.

Anybody got any suggestions how I can get rid of/solve this?

Thanks

Chas

P.S. (edit to add this) forgot to add that I deleted the bookmark and entered it again (manually as I could not access the page to bookmark it)  and still had the problem.

I had the exact same issues yesterday using my work computer, both Chrome and Mozilla.  I came home and was able to access the site (Chrome) with no problem.  Today at work (1 hour ago) I had the same problems, cleared cache and a zillion other things but it didn't help ... now at home Chrome gets to it fine ?????  

I figured Paul was still mad at me for that post in US Politics .... either that or he was telling me to quit work!

Edited by Maybe Next Yr
  • Like 1

MattFromGA

I had the exact same issues yesterday using my work computer, both Chrome and Mozilla. I came home and was able to access the site (Chrome) with no problem. Today at work (1 hour ago) I had the same problems, cleared cache and a zillion other things but it didn't help ... now at home Chrome gets to it fine ?????

I believe it may be related to an ad, such that if you happen to not get that ad, you don't get the problem.  I've seen it work one second, then fail the next, then work 30 min later on the same box.  Perhaps the reason it worked was that the ad wasn't showing that time.

Just a shot in the dark.

• Like 2

Oasis Monarch

My redirects started yesterday around 04:00 a.m. and continues till time of this post.

Curious thing is, it only occurs on my Windows Lap tops ( both of them) in Chrome and IE, and my Samsung Tab 3 (Chrome).

No redirects using my IPAD 2 via Chrome.

Something about the iOS that defends against this problem?