Sign in to follow this  
Headed that way

The redirects are back

Headed that way

Started again a few minutes ago. Adware. Not my computer unless it got infected in the last twenty minutes.

Showed up when I clicked on a thread about asking advice on a business opportunity

• Like 1

Cebu-Viking

Yepp started again 7.30 pm here in Cebu.

MattFromGA

Clearing my browser cache doesn't seem to cut it for me.  I have to go to a new browser I have not used to surf the site and then can get it for some time.

I am not very fascinated as to how this is working.  What specifically is triggering this.

broden

so far i'm not see any redirects this time around

but yesterday it took a reboot for me to get it back to normal

Cebu-Viking

so far i'm not see any redirects this time around

but yesterday it took a reboot for me to get it back to normal

I already sent my redirect links to Paul at 7.30pm local time.

And we had the same this morning.

MattFromGA

I think it has to do with caching of the DNS lookup by browser.  If you have a cached ip lookup or something, it seems to work.  Or if you use a browser not yet impacted.

Chris24

I started experiencing it last night (US time) and again this monring, but only in IE and only on this site. It redirects to a few different (apparently rotating) URLs that are fake download sites for updates to flash, etc.

Paul

Well, I will say, after working on it last night, and getting it sorted - or so I thought, I have no idea what else it could be. 

Maybe it is a time delay thing? I mean, the DNS, that is. Maybe it just needs a bit more time to sort itself out? Matt?

Lee

I am not seeing them.

• Like 1

Alan S

1. Paul broke it.

2. Broden broke it.

3. A little green man from Alpha Centauri broke it.

• Like 1

Cipro

I never got redirected, I did get a page failure to load but I think Ghostery and Norton Security might have prevented the redirect. 

philuk

Started for me yesterday afternoon. Tapatalk just failed to connect. Period. So when i get in from work i set the pc up. (Long over due ). But needed doing. Tried to log on but all i got was adds and survey requests. Tried to get on through a search and just a white page saying blocked.

Got up 4 am to go to london. And it still not working. 5:30 pm here now and all seems well on T T . will try the pc later. Well done big fella.

Sent from my LG-E400 using Tapatalk 2

Edited by philuk
  • Like 1

Kahuna

just happened for me..its was listed in my norton as 

Category: Norton Product Tamper Protection
Date & Time,Risk,Activity,Status,Recommended Action,Date,Actor,Actor PID,Target,Target PID,Action,Reaction
8/20/2014 11:18:37 AM,Medium,Unauthorized access blocked (Open Process Token),Blocked,No Action Required,8/20/2014 11:18:37 AM,C:\PROGRAM FILES\PURELEADS\PLSAPP.EXE,2716,C:\Program Files\Norton 360\Engine\21.5.0.19\wscstub.exe,21588,Open Process Token,Unauthorized access blocked

I was redirected once and tried again and got in..  hope this helps narrow it down and please refrain from clicking on thie link or you'l get the damn virus too..

Paul

I am not seeing them.

I'm not either. I just couldn't load the site and determined something was wrong at the time. Then, I began receiving emails from members in various parts of the world, letting me know they were unable to view the site too. 

Hopefully, the DNS has resolved it all, now.

just happened for me..its was listed in my norton as 

Category: Norton Product Tamper Protection

Date & Time,Risk,Activity,Status,Recommended Action,Date,Actor,Actor PID,Target,Target PID,Action,Reaction

8/20/2014 11:18:37 AM,Medium,Unauthorized access blocked (Open Process Token),Blocked,No Action Required,8/20/2014 11:18:37 AM,C:\PROGRAM FILES\PURELEADS\PLSAPP.EXE,2716,C:\Program Files\Norton 360\Engine\21.5.0.19\wscstub.exe,21588,Open Process Token,Unauthorized access blocked

I was redirected once and tried again and got in..  hope this helps narrow it down and please refrain from clicking on thie link or you'l get the damn virus too..

I guess I need to go back to using Norton. I have been using Avast for a while. I just never installed Norton on this machine after I got it.

• Like 1

Kahuna

I'm not either. I just couldn't load the site and determined something was wrong at the time. Then, I began receiving emails from members in various parts of the world, letting me know they were unable to view the site too. 

Hopefully, the DNS has resolved it all, now.

I guess I need to go back to using Norton. I have been using Avast for a while. I just never installed Norton on this machine after I got it.

Norton took 3 of these off for me yesterday before I could login here ..I know the ads are helpful to you but sometimes they are part of the problem like this..  I saw this happen to another site I visit and the guy had to go thru his ads and eliminate the bad ones and then it was ok again.  Maybe you have a few bad apples in the bunch Paul..  I gotta go  good luck !