Safe or not

Humboldt

I hired a nice 250 trials bike and drove around cebu City and Mandaue ...found it much easier than driving in 8 lane traffic in Barcelona at rush hour traffic lol..... I read the sun star cebu every day and there are murders all over the island from moalboal to bogo City ..... Like I said its how your common senses and vibes are in tune with ur surroundings ....none verbal communication and interactive skill come to the forefront at all times when switched on ........... Done a tour of the Falklands when that was in full swing so cannot be any worse than that believe me lol

Some are born worriers some are born leaders ...... I'm to busy enjoying life to be rolling dice hehe

But point taken , we all have our own comfort zones ....

But I want to enjoy not be looking through twitching curtains All the tim

Fiait must die ,,,, means keep ur mouth shut , that's the code in the mountains

even the police afraid to go up in mountain's  

so those murder's not reported in the sun-star ,,, you asking for advice I'm just giving you my 2 cents

not wanting to get into a pissing contest w/a guy that's been in the Philippines a total of 3 weeks ..

sweet dreams in Lapu, Lapu squatter zones and or Danao Mountains Rambo  

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Chance555

• smokey

• jtmwatchbiz

• batman2525

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If your pension starts in another two years, then I would suggest that you just come for a vacation and then go back to Wales for another two years while you build up your nest egg. The Philippines is

I have spent plenty of time Phillipine slums. You are not in mortal danger but it is hard to find a comfortable chair to sit in and it soon gets very dull. Give a go. Years ago l thought it kinda fun.

Don't forget the onions.       .

Posted Images

Fiait must die ,,,, means keep ur mouth shut , that's the code in the mountains

even the police afraid to go up in mountain's  

so those murder's not reported in the sun-star ,,, you asking for advice I'm just giving you my 2 cents

not wanting to get into a pissing contest w/a guy that's been in the Philippines a total of 3 weeks ..

sweet dreams in Lapu, Lapu squatter zones and or Danao Mountains Rambo

I will bow down to you vast knowledge and wisdom .... As I see the police have told you that they are afraid to go up to the mountains .... Who knows there might even be Yeti's up there also and a few folk playing banjos ......... Like you said thanks for your advice and help ...... All taken on board .......... If I find a yeti up there riding a motorbike I will let you know.......

lazydays

Plenty of Yeti's riding Motorcycles in Mindanao! :shocked:  :rofl:

• Like 2
jtmwatchbiz

They make knives in Sheffield too .. ..lbut that does not mean they go around stabbing everyone lol .....Danao has had gunsmiths for years and their good at what they do so I read ........ They also make torpedoes in Finland but that does not mean they go sinking ships everyday .......but thanks for the good advice ....to be honest I found Danao friendly and none problematic .......so far hehe

But if we all worried about what was around the next corner then we would never venture out ..........

If ur number is up its up wherever u are ....be it crossing the road or riding a motorbike or flying a plane

correct me if i'm wrong but aren't you the one who started this thread on whether it's safe or not? you seem to have all the answers already so why ask the question?

are the squatter areas safe? you tell me.

I agree that the squatter areas are no picnic site .....so it was a fleeting visit for about two hours ....just for a scan and to see it for myself in all its sorry state .....it's not nice to see poverty ...but even then it's nice to see that even in poverty smiles were abundant on people's faces ...... And yes I would not want to live there as I would not feel entirely safe ...... So the general advice here was good ...thanks

As for Danao my own personal findings be it all short, were ok ...... I speak as I find

SomeRandomGuy

Every time i have been to danao for festivals they always end in gun fire. Sometimes while i was still there sometimes not long after i left.

Life is cheap here. You piss off one person 2 years later u have forgotten, they have not.

Hospital sucks.

I have lived deep province, big city, medium city.

Nippa hut, condo,town house, gated community.

I do love when people ask for advice.

Sounds to me you have been given advice, but you after a short visit disagree.

Lots of murders up in there hills are not reported.

Danao is gun capital of the pi.

So drunk,uneducated,nothing to do bench boys do tend to hang out that way.

Live in cebu. Get acclimatized, then decide where u want to live after traveling.

Take it or leave it from people who live here full time. Up to you.

I see guys like you here a lot.

They rarely last, next time i see them the whinge no one warned them of the factual side of living here.

They want advice but really they have in their minds what they think.

This ain't Kansas. Life is cheap.

Medicine is not free.

Anyway good luck. I would seriously listen to advice if u ask for it.

People here smile, yes. How long till they get jealous?

Happens quicker then u think.

Bah Humbug

• Like 3

Every time i have been to danao for festivals they always end in gun fire. Sometimes while i was still there sometimes not long after i left.

Life is cheap here. You piss off one person 2 years later u have forgotten, they have not.

Hospital sucks.

Live in cebu. Get acclimatized, then decide where u want to live after traveling.

They rarely last, next time i see them the whinge no one warned them of the factual side of living here.

Medicine is not free.

Bah Humbug

Thanks most constructive and factual advice so far ...... And trust me I do take on board what your saying

Regards

Tom

smokey

Hospital sucks.

Medicine is not free.

Bah Humbug

WOW REALITY AND THAT IS WHY LIFE IS LIKE LIVING IN A JERRY SPRINGER SHOW