Sign in to follow this  
BlancoDiablo

New People's Army

BlancoDiablo

I haven't heard much from these guys lately. Did Yolanda spread them out?

Brucewayne

We still have them here.

Skywalker

What is their agenda?

Usually a title like that suggests communism.

Have you ever noticed how many Countries whose name starts with "The People's Democratic Republic of..." are almost all dictatorships.

Headshot

What is their agenda?

Usually a title like that suggests communism.

Well...they ARE the armed wing of the Philippine Communist Party...so yeah.

• Like 2

Skywalker

Thanks Bill, I was lazy to google.

I'll shut up now, or we will start wandering into politics.

Again.   :bar:

• Like 1

bounder

If you aren't hearing anything about them is probably because they haven't killed anyone lately.  They are definitely here on Negros, but they seem to have a different agenda than communism now-a-days.  At least you don't hear that kind of rhetoric when they do make a public statement.

BossHog

If you aren't hearing anything about them is probably because they haven't killed anyone lately

http://www.philippinerevolution.net/

Jason S

I see them here in Iligan City quite frequently. Most of the time I see them sitting in their vehicles checking things out. 

BlancoDiablo

Do the communist terrorist and the Islamic terrorist ever have conflict with each other? Also, which one do the expats need to avoid most? The obvious answer is the Muslims.

easy44

I see them here in Iligan City quite frequently. Most of the time I see them sitting in their vehicles checking things out. 

How do you know they are NPA?  Do they wear uniforms?

Jim Sibbick

What is their agenda?

In my experience, it is to protect the weak against the unjust

Brucewayne

Do the communist terrorist and the Islamic terrorist ever have conflict with each other? Also, which one do the expats need to avoid most? The obvious answer is the Muslims.

Muslims are the MILF and everyone needs to stay away from them.

The NPA in our area don't seem to bother anyone.

I have talked to several members and from what I gather, they only want a Democratic/Liberal type government and a bit more trickle down sharing from the wealthy who are in charge.

The guys I have talked to have come from very poor families and say they are tired of seeing one group riding around in BMWs while the majority are in danger of starving to death.

Some of their mostly disorganized groups have robbed banks and kidnapped people for ransom, but that is not the norm for most NPA members (again, this is what I was told).

goggleye

With an oligarchy where a very few hold most ot the wealth and the great majority have very little i am surprised the NPA isnt a bigger movement here.  I've been told that most of the harm they do is to strong arm local business for some cash.

• Like 1