whatever happened to Arthur Benjamin

BlancoDiablo

So...what ended up happening to Arthur Benjamin? Did he walk free and clear? Did he go to jail? Is he in another country?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paul

• contraman

• HTM

• jtmwatchbiz

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It seems we rarely do. They often end up in holding until deported, or pay off the right people and go right back to what they were doing.   Ya know, I don't mind the fact that they catch guys like

Well, you have to admit that having a priest going after child molesters seems a bit like an oxymoron these days. There is a quote from Hamlet, "The lady doth protest too much, methinks."  And...when

I do not know Cullen or his organization personally, what I've heard about he's only through other people. I have also heard negative things about him,,,,, from those he has got detained. Personally

Mandingo

Who?

I think it is the guy from Texas who got busted by Nightline ABC in Subic that ran a bar with underage girls a year or so ago. The one who was bragging about on the hidden cam to the reporter if I remember right.

BlancoDiablo

That's the guy. I am just curious because I never heard the outcome.

Paul

That's the guy. I am just curious because I never heard the outcome.

It seems we rarely do. They often end up in holding until deported, or pay off the right people and go right back to what they were doing.

Ya know, I don't mind the fact that they catch guys like this who are exploiting minors. But, I still have little use for low life reporters or do gooders like Father Cullen. I wonder how many skeletons that fecker has in his closet. 

• Like 6
contraman

Thanks to Mr Google I found this.

His lawyers were able to obtain bond for him (something like P350,000).

They took the release order to NBI, but, for some reason, they did not release him immediately.

In fact, they held him several more hours (something like 16).

I’m told that officials from the US Embassy paid the NBI a visit, and can only assume they convinced the NBI to hold him. Why?

The moment he stepped out of NBI custody, he was detained by Immigration.

He was charged with being here illegally and taken to Taguig (where he still is).

His wife took his passport to Immigration in Olongapo where it was confiscated. 

His lawyers filed an appeal for his release stating a couple of things:
1. Being detained is a presumption of guilt, rather than innocent until proven guilty.
2. Under Immigration regulations, a person may not be detained without a proper hearing being held by the Commissioner. This was never done.
3. The department has no right to confiscate his passport.
4. He was here legally (he had been abroad, and had returned a few weeks before the raid).
The appeal was summarily denied.”
Meanwhile, the US State Department revoked his passport so he can only travel back to the US.  This trial date here is 2 Aug.
Since ABC Nightline broke this story I wonder why there has been no follow-up. 

My goodness, since ICE Special Agent Eric McLoughlen was leading the raid, I figured this would be big news in the local press yet the media coverage has been non-existent. 

It is a very interesting case as there might be a lot of questions on the legality of the raid. 

For now, I hope I can keep up with the case and learn what the final outcome will be for Arthur Benjamin, a man who should have kept his mouth shut.
By the way, a new owner has taken over the property and renamed it from Crow Bar to Anzac Bar. 

I am a bit surprised at the name and even though I am not Australian,

I kind of feel a few of our local Australian residents might not appreciate that name being associated with a bar.

• Like 4
jtmwatchbiz

do gooders like Father Cullen. I wonder how many skeletons that fecker has in his closet.

i'm surprised by your comment. shay cullen is a personal friend of my inlaws as well as martin sheen and many other well respected people and has been responsible for countless children being rescued from pimps. i'm fairly sure at this point his reputation is spotless and he does exactly what he says he will do. the guy has balls the size of church bells and isn't afraid of anyone. if there ever was a children's charity worth contributing to his PREDA foundation is it. 

• Like 3
Headshot

i'm surprised by your comment. shay cullen is a personal friend of my inlaws as well as martin sheen and many other well respected people and has been responsible for countless children being rescued from pimps. i'm fairly sure at this point his reputation is spotless and he does exactly what he says he will do. the guy has balls the size of church bells and isn't afraid of anyone. if there ever was a children's charity worth contributing to his PREDA foundation is it. 

Well, you have to admit that having a priest going after child molesters seems a bit like an oxymoron these days. There is a quote from Hamlet, "The lady doth protest too much, methinks."  And...when I was a kid, I often heard the phrase, "The guilty dog always barks first." Both of those quotes suggest that somebody who makes accusations almost invariably has an overly keen interest in the subject...which may be driven by a darker side. It is kind of like doing penance for your own thoughts or actions by drawing attention to others with the same problem.

As to who somebody's friends are, some of the most despicable sociopaths in history were known to their friends as kind and gentle people. Sociopaths must be trusted by those around them to really draw in and deceive those that they target. I am NOT saying the Father Cullen is like that, but I totally understand where Paul is coming from on his statement. I, too, am very suspicious of people like that.

Edited by Headshot
  • Like 6
Davaoeno
somebody who makes accusations almost invariably have an overly keen interest in the subject...often driven by a darker side.

Wow Bill !!  A guy dedicates his life to helping save kids and you say that invariably     such people are driven by a dark side . And that you are "  very suspicious of people like that."  I assume that you think that all the people who let things go on and do nothing about it are of course good moral people ??

I think that your comment is indefensible and disrespectful and irreverent  .  I have little respect for the Catholic chuch in general but here is a guy who actually not only talks the talk but also walks the walk and you say that he is driven by a darker side !!  I think that you owe Father Cullen a public apology . 

btw - I dont care what a persons motivations are if what they are doing is to help children in need - and they do so with no expectation of reward and with no harm caused to the children  .  If Mother Theresa goes to the slums and gives food to the poor I could not care less if she does so as part of a photo shoot advertising her charity . Very few of us in life are totally innocent . [ including posters here !!]

in·var·i·a·bly
inˈve(ə)rēəblē/
adverb

1. in every case or on every occasion; always.
Edited by Davaoeno
  • Like 4
Headshot

Wow Bill !!  A guy dedicates his life to helping save kids and you say that invariably     such people are driven by a dark side .

Pay attention Ian. I said "somebody who makes accusations almost invariably have an overly keen interest in the subject." I also said, "I am NOT saying the Father Cullen is like that." I thought your reading comprehension was better than that.

Skywalker

What's this?  Davaoeno being the (Devil's) advocate again.

Getting in touch with the Dark Side again Lord Sith.  :yahoo:

• Like 1
Davaoeno

Pay attention Ian. I said "somebody who makes accusations almost invariably have an overly keen interest in the subject." I also said, "I am NOT saying the Father Cullen is like that." I thought your reading comprehension was better than that.

My bad ! I should have quoted the definition for the word INVARIABLY !!   Oh thats right - I did . 

just so I am clear on this - if I say that   "ALL priests are pedophiles, but I'm not saying Father Cullen is a pedophile"  -  then that makes it all right to say that ??   I think my reading comprehension is just fine thank you Bill.  I think you are defaming a man who has dedicated his life to doing good things [ something I am not prone to claim about many in a religious setting] .  

Without him people like Arthur Benjamin would be flocking to this country in even more numbers than they already do . 

And no Luke , I am not trolling or shit stirring or playing Devils Advocate - I think people like Cullen should be encouraged , not looked at upon with suspicion and be accused just because they work hard for a cause.    I think the word invariably has no place in such comments.  Nor actually in most comments. 

• Like 2
Paul

First, none of us need any English language or grammar teachers. I think we all know the meanings of most words posted on this site. If not, we all have online dictionaries available to us, to educate ourselves. And, Ian, let's not "ianize" this thread.

Second, Fred, I am sorry if he is a personal friend. I could be wrong about the man. But, considering the numbers of both priests and nuns that I have had to endure in my life - I some how still have my doubts. 

I have had enough experiences with people like Father Cullen. I have had enough experiences with organizations like the IJM - which claims they are also out to help save children. (I personally informed them, a number of years ago, of pedophiles who were knowingly playing with underage girls in Provincial Cebu. They did nothing. The police did nothing.)

The only person whom I have ever come in direct contact with, is an active member, and staff member on this site - HTM (Harry). Until I learned, early on, about what Harry was about and what he wanted to start doing in Cebu, I was about to give up. My hope and my faith have been restored because of Harry.

I have personally met Harry and have known him through this forum for years. He has supported it in one way or another for a long time. Harry has shown that he gets things done, and without carrying any ulterior motives with him. I have personally helped him catch one of these lowlifes. I know others have personally helped him to catch these scum bags. 

No need to mention the news media. We all know their intentions behind going after some one. They are nothing but leeches on society, causing us to all slowly bleed out.

Edited by South'rn Boy
  • Like 3
Headshot

Ian, maybe you should look up the definition for "almost" while you have your dictionary.  You are the ONLY person who has said anything about pedophiles. If you don't mind, please do NOT put YOUR words in MY mouth. I have not defamed anybody. I was simply saying that I understand why Paul said what he did.

Edited by Headshot
  • Like 3