I have read in these forums that the VA in manila is not all that great.  Is it possible to do a VA exit interview there? 

I am really unclear how much it matters were you do your exit interview.  Does it matter that I will not a permanent residence or retirement visa in the Philippines?  Has anyone done this?

mpt1947

Exit interview from the Armed Forces?

Exit interview from the Armed Forces?

yes.  not even sure that's the official name of it but exit interview is what my case worker called it.  she said i had to pick a VA to do an exit interview with.  unfortunately there is not a local VA rep to ask these questions. 

Headshot

Take care of anything to do with the VA in the US before you move to the Philippines.

• Like 1

Take care of anything to do with the VA in the US before you move to the Philippines.

Thanks for the information.  Is this a requirement or good advise?  just wondering if it is not possible to do the interview with manila VA or its just a really bad idea.  if its a bad idea i would like to hear why. 

Please keep in mind moving from active duty to the VA system is new to me.  I am sure there is a lot of issues i have not even thought to ask.  any advise on the whole situation would be a great help.

Headshot

It's just advice. Your results will be a lot better in any stateside VA facility. I take it what you are taking about is the initial interviews and exams to establish ratings...

It's just advice. Your results will be a lot better in any stateside VA facility. I take it what you are taking about is the initial interviews and exams to establish ratings...

I am glad you asked.  I am medically separating i have already seen the VA and got my purposed ratings from both the military and the VA.  once i sign the 'i agree line' i got orders to separate.  The interview i still have no idea what it is all about. 

I know i am facing a lot of one time only options and i am begging for some advise at this point.

Jason S

I am glad you asked.  I am medically separating i have already seen the VA and got my purposed ratings from both the military and the VA.  once i sign the 'i agree line' i got orders to separate.  The interview i still have no idea what it is all about. 

I know i am facing a lot of one time only options and i am begging for some advise at this point.

If i understand you correctly, your getting med boarded and you already got your rating back from the VA. If that is the case then your PEBLO needs to set up a exit interview with the VA so your 199 can get completed. I retired last year and that was still the process but it may have changed now. I traditionally retired but I had a number of Soldiers that went thru the med board process so I still kind of remember how it went.

• Like 1

If i understand you correctly, your getting med boarded and you already got your rating back from the VA. If that is the case then your PEBLO needs to set up a exit interview with the VA so your 199 can get completed. I retired last year and that was still the process but it may have changed now. I traditionally retired but I had a number of Soldiers that went thru the med board process so I still kind of remember how it went.

my PEBLO is the one asking where i want to do the exit interview with the VA.  i thought about going state side to do the exit interview but if i can do it in the Philippines all the better. 

Jason S

my PEBLO is the one asking where i want to do the exit interview with the VA.  i thought about going state side to do the exit interview but if i can do it in the Philippines all the better

Personally, I would take care of all VA related issues in the United States not the Philippines. The primary mission of the the VA Health Clinic in Manila, Philippines is the health and welfare of the WWII Veterans of the Philippines.  

Edited by Jason S
RogerDat

Greetings! Before this goes too far, please explane WHY you want to do it in Manila in the face of all the advice to do it in the US????

HOW do you propose to get into the facility, whey you have no appointment letter??

In the US, you go to the clinic, or call, they scheduel you, and you go to the interview.

Thats NOT going to happen here for many months in Manila.

Please do it in US and save yourself much heart ack.

Good luck!

thailandphil

If you are living in the philippines another option may be Guam. Dont know much about the place except that they do have VA there and its a short flight.Know from other vets that live there they do have there own ratings board and its been faster than in USA. Call them and see what they say.

VA Guam Community Based Outpatient Clinic 498 Chalan Palayso Agana Heights, GU 96910 671-475-5760

Guam Vet Center 222 Chalan Santo Papa Reflection Ctr. Ste 201 Hagatna, GU 96910 671-472-7160 Or 671-472-7160

Greetings! Before this goes too far, please explane WHY you want to do it in Manila in the face of all the advice to do it in the US????

HOW do you propose to get into the facility, whey you have no appointment letter??

In the US, you go to the clinic, or call, they scheduel you, and you go to the interview.

Thats NOT going to happen here for many months in Manila.

Please do it in US and save yourself much heart ack.

Good luck!

I wanted to do the interview in manila so i can avoid going all the way to the states hanging out some place i don't want to be just for a VA interview.

I was under the impression my PEBLO would schedule a VA interview at any VA i wanted.  But as you said it would be many months I agree it would be faster to go the states.  

I was just looking for the pros and cons and so far i have only received cons. 

I do thank every one for the advice.

RogerDat

Greetings! Go to www.pebforum.com and read thru that. MUCH has changed since I retired in 90.

Where did you retire/seperate? Your records will be in the care of that VA closest to it I belive, Very hard to get records fowarded to anoter before evaluation I am told.. Good luck.

Edited by RogerDat

Greetings! Go to www.pebforum.com and read thru that. MUCH has changed since I retired in 90.

Where did you retire/seperate? Your records will be in the care of that VA closest to it I belive, Very hard to get records fowarded to anoter before evaluation I am told.. Good luck.

i have not yet separated.  i am looking at leaving japan around September so with terminal and permissive leave i should be completely out by December.