Sign in to follow this  
Adiac

Chiropractic and Acupuncture

Adiac

Hey, I've had a slipped disc 3 years ago and two big flare ups this year... it's better now but I'd like to talk to a chiro... Does anyone have a good recommendation?

Cheers!

Jester

I always thought they were quacks.  I hurt my back put my trust in regular Drs until I could not sit on a toilet to #2.   So I went to a quack, instant relief!

There is a American Chiro at Ayala in the basement Dr Pardue or something like that.  Never used him so cannot vouch for his skills.

Good luck   Whiner

ttmctoad

I developed a bulging disc 13 years ago, and this same disc ruptured/herniated 8 years ago. I've avoided surgery for 13 years by using a chiropractor. My back isn't as strong or pain free as it was 20 years ago, but I'm doing just fine even with a herniated disc. This quack medicine has helped me.

Peter C

about two months ago I had a hell of pain in the back and in my left leg, that made it almost impossible to sit or lay down. tried one chiropractic in a mall, but there was no improvement. got recommended another one by friends:

safe heaven chiropractic wellness centre, situated at Rahmann street, above the restaurant Kaiserhof.  the  team there knows how to do the job, for sure they are no charlatans or witch doctors. receiving a treatment once a week over a period of six weeks has brought me and my life back to normal. they are a little bit expensive, but as for the result it was worth the money I had spent there.

• Like 1

4thDan

There is a American Chiro at Ayala in the basement Dr Pardue or something like that.  Never used him so cannot vouch for his skills.

I've been to him a couple times as I do know from past experience that chiro's do work.  He's pretty good, not overly expensive and I can honestly say he helped me.

Taz

You can go see Dr. Mary Jeanne Flordelis at Chong Hua Medical Arts Center down at the basement. She runs Cebu Rehabmedics, Inc. Tel #: 254-4137

I went through many months of physical theraphy under her care and the results were amazing. Improvement was much better than my doctors in the US could have hoped for. I highly recommend her...

P.S.

call for an appointment because she is very busy...

• Like 3

samatm

about two months ago I had a hell of pain in the back and in my left leg, that made it almost impossible to sit or lay down. tried one chiropractic in a mall, but there was no improvement. got recommended another one by friends:

safe heaven chiropractic wellness centre, situated at Rahmann street, above the restaurant Kaiserhof.  the  team there knows how to do the job, for sure they are no charlatans or witch doctors. receiving a treatment once a week over a period of six weeks has brought me and my life back to normal. they are a little bit expensive, but as for the result it was worth the money I had spent there.

I can also vouch fro Safe Haven.   Dr. Skip Pizarro is the real deal and will fully explain whats going on with your back and what his treatments do to alleviate and heal  along with teaching you the correct excercises to do at home.  

Adiac

Wow this turned into an interesting thread quick... thanks for all the recommendations.

I gotta say, this seems to be a pretty polarizing topic as some love 'em and some hate 'em... maybe it depends how good the chiro is? I haven't tried it yet but recently heard from several friends that they had great results with a really good one so I figured give it a go.

When I first herniated my disc, I tried all the Western medicine approaches, including all the meds, traction, and even laser and ultrasound therapy, without results. After maybe 2 months of that nonsense (part of which made me worse), I went to an acupuncture "quack"... I walked into his practice on crutches and out the practice without.

Placebo? Who knows... either way it worked where nothing else had worked.

I've been doing the physical therapy exercises from the lose the back pain website and the yoga from the DDP Yoga guy and they've helped me a fair bit... that and healthy food (lots of fruit and vegetables) made the biggest difference for me. So I'd definitely second the recommendations to work on core, abs, stretches, etc...

I'm still intrigued though, a lot of really smart people I know swearing by the chiros... if I know I have a good one who knows what he's doing it might be worth a shot.

samatm

Chioropractacy is now considered a a very valuable form of treatment for spinal, muscularskeletal alignment.  (your citation is 25 years old)   The other ailments  that adjustments cure or prevent is still debatable.    I don't go to a chioropracter to heal my liver... I go for Lower Back Pain..     I recieve not just cracks to the back but full thereapy and treatments and to realign my scoliosis and my forward head placement.    It works.    Dr. Pizarro examines Xrays and does full checkups to see that progress is being made.   

My 2 cents.

Edited by Headshot

4thDan

When I was fighting (full contact karate) i displaced my left hip joint.  xrays taken by a licensed m.d. showed it was 2 1/2 inches lower than the right hip and clearly out of joint.  he wanted to operate....instead i went to the chiro that had kept me in the ring for a few years....in a couple weeks went back to the same MD he retook xrays and was amazed that everything was back as it should be and there was no operation.  Go believe what you want...I know what I know.

Edited by Headshot
  • Like 2

Headshot

Make no mistake gentlemen. The OP simply asked if anybody here could recommend a chiropractor in Cebu City. He did NOT ask for a discussion of the rights and wrongs of chiropractic medicine. If you have been to a chiropractor here and would like to recommend them to the OP, feel free to do so. Any other discussions are off-topic, and the next off-topic post will get you a warning. I don't care who you are. If somebody wants to start a discussion on the good and bad of chiropractic medicine, feel free to do so in the hidden forums, but that discussion will NOT be in this topic. If your previous posts have been deleted, take the hint and don't repeat it.

Edited by Headshot
  • Like 1

4thDan

10-4

Terra

Hi i was greatfull for this posting from Adiac, cause this week i will land in the philippines and the darnest thing happened, and it nearly screwed up my travelplans, just that i am all set to go, i got some backtrouble. well here that is no trouble at all since my girlfriend is a chirotherapist but it would be the best to prolong therapie once i have landed,get rid of it completly, being able to move around and seeing something of the place.

So i am verry happy with the postings of those who gave some names and adresses of were to go, and thats ione of the first things i will do once i am there.

But still i got a question about the costs, well just roughly for an hour treatment, just to know so i wont get enourmously overcharced being obviously new to the scenery. If someboddy can say anything about that i would realy appreciate that.

Thanks upfront fellows..

David_LivinginTalisay