So, yesterday, I mentioned to my landlord...

Any tall item is top heavy, anchoring from the highest point possible IMO is the only way to keep them from tipping over. I would say anchor to the wall or house but the way they build things in those parts of the world, a falling tank might take the house or wall with it. :(  If there is a strong corner part of the house or a corner of the wall, then maybe that might be a good place to anchor to. 

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paul

• thebob

• Headshot

• Bill H

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

... that I would like to start conserving a bit of water here at our rental house. My intention was to come out of pocket for it. In fact, I mentioned I would pay for the PVC as soon as I get a bit mo

Just goes to show that there are some good ones out there very cool of him to do that.

It's just dead weight. The weight will always be in the bottom. When it's full it's a ton and a half not much is gonna push that over. When it's a third full you have got half a ton sitting in the bo

Posted Images

thebob

Any tall item is top heavy, anchoring from the highest point possible IMO is the only way to keep them from tipping over.

It's just dead weight. The weight will always be in the bottom. When it's full it's a ton and a half not much is gonna push that over.

When it's a third full you have got half a ton sitting in the bottom.

We don't need to overthink this, cheap, fast and nasty. Let out your internal redneck.

• Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...
Paul

Well, it's all done, installed and ready. 

Now, it probably won't rain for a month.

• Like 2