20 Ft container shipping to US

CaptRonn

Has anyone here had experience getting a shipping container (20ft) and shipping from Cebu to the US?

Headed that way

Working on getting one from the Clark area to the U.S.    What do you want to know?

CaptRonn

Who to use, approximate cost, any other details.   Right now I have an email out to manila forwarders.

smokey

Who to use, approximate cost, any other details.   Right now I have an email out to manila forwarders.

i tried them guys and they were times 3 in cost to the guys i hired to move my car..

CaptRonn

That's the kind of information I'm looking for.   If someone knows a local company I can talk to I would appreciate it.

smokey

you need a broker there are tons of them in cebu... one next door to the RAO ... in cebu 

CaptRonn

OK, thanks.  If someone can recommend a reputable broker let me know.

smokey

OK, thanks.  If someone can recommend a reputable broker let me know.

i have in the past ... way past used the guy in the building next to rao... call and ask ron if she can get their phone number .. most if not all of us have used brokers but to get stuff into the philippines and not out... we had a member here who started a broker business you can ask paul if he is still here and doing that... 

Headed that way

A forty foot container will run you around $7,000 to get to Oklahoma, maybe $5,800 to a port on the West Coast.  A twenty footer will run maybe five hundred less to the port.

You will need a U.S. broker as well that will set you back around $800 or so and pay duties if any on the contents.  Lots of paperwork on both ends, export license from the Philippines, no license needed in the U.S., just a broker and a bond to cover any taxes or duties.

• Like 1
tomaw

i have in the past ... way past used the guy in the building next to rao... call and k Iask ron if she can get their phone number .. most if not all of us have used brokers but to get stuff into the philippines and not out... we had a member here who started a broker business you can ask paul if he is still here and doing that...

Who did you use and what was the cost to get stuff to Cebu,? I assume from Los Angeles harbor to Cebu.
Rocketman

I shipped from the U.S. to Cebu in 2012.  The forwarder I used in the Philippines was Goetz.  They have an office in Manila and Cebu.  It was the best experience I've had in the Philippines, tho I was expecting disaster!  I'm sure they could handle everything for you.  Here is their info.:

Phyliss S. Encluna  
Executive Director 
Goetz Moving & Storage, Inc.
Goetz Logistics Centre, 
16 Villonco Drive, South Bay, Sucat, Paranaque City 1770, Philippines
Mobile no. (0063) 917-814-0724 
Tels: (632) 842-6300; 850-4653; 842-8254; 

[email protected]

CaptRonn

I shipped from the U.S. to Cebu in 2012.  The forwarder I used in the Philippines was Goetz.  They have an office in Manila and Cebu.  It was the best experience I've had in the Philippines, tho I was expecting disaster!  I'm sure they could handle everything for you.  Here is their info.:

Phyliss S. Encluna  

Executive Director 

Goetz Moving & Storage, Inc.

Goetz Logistics Centre, 

16 Villonco Drive, South Bay, Sucat, Paranaque City 1770, Philippines

Mobile no. (0063) 917-814-0724 

Tels: (632) 842-6300; 850-4653; 842-8254; 

[email protected]

I just got a quote on a 20ft container, Cebu to Miami, FL.     $12,000.00!

And that does not include DTHC, duties and taxes, inspection fee(if any), port storage, demurrage, handling of bulky items(e.g. piano), third party(e.g. electrician)

I figure he has over 100% profit built into that quote.

smokey

I just got a quote on a 20ft container, Cebu to Miami, FL.     $12,000.00!

And that does not include DTHC, duties and taxes, inspection fee(if any), port storage, demurrage, handling of bulky items(e.g. piano), third party(e.g. electrician)

I figure he has over 100% profit built into that quote.

bingo... i have lots of quotes on cars and they were so far apart it was scary... high quote just for shipping 5,500 us... low quote 1750 us plus 25 document fee 

CaptRonn

Yep.  The search continues.   Thanks for the help.