Sign in to follow this  
contraman

Warnings on Cigarette Packs

contraman

Philippine President Benigno Aquino III, a known smoker, has signed a law requiring tobacco companies to put graphic health warnings on cigarette packs in a country where tens of thousands of people die every year from tobacco-linked diseases, an official said Sunday.

Aquino signed the law Friday "to effectively instill health consciousness through graphic health warnings on tobacco products," presidential spokesman Herminio Coloma Jr. said.

With the law, the Philippines joins more than 40 other nations and territories that have adopted similar regulations and brought the battle against smoking to the cover of cigarette packs.

Se more at:

https://ph.news.yahoo.com/smoking-philippine-leader-oks-cigarette-warnings-125539656.html

4thDan

Gosh I had no idea that it was bad for me...so glad they are wasting money on putting notices that no one will read on the packs.  

• Like 3

Tamed

I guess this will help disguise the fake brands on sale like all the fake Camel ciggy's they sell in Cebu lately. I told the person at Ayala tobacco store but she insisted they only changed the packet lol.

Edited by Tamed

Monsoon

You guys still smoking are going to love these. The ones in Thailand are pretty nasty. I do believe they will cause a surge in the sale of cigarette cases. 

mpt1947

Gosh I had no idea that it was bad for me...so glad they are wasting money on putting notices that no one will read on the packs.  

Who is wasting money?  The gov't will just make the Cigarette manufacturers put the warnings on the labels and the manufacturers will just raise the price of a pack and carton of smokes.  

4thDan

Who is wasting money?  The gov't will just make the Cigarette manufacturers put the warnings on the labels and the manufacturers will just raise the price of a pack and carton of smokes.  

HEHEHE  it wasted my money......all i want is a nice relaxing LEGAL smoke.